Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about this clown situation?

Peppermint Larry

Someone was apparently seen on my college campus a couple weeks ago wearing a clown costume and had the police called on them. I'm not normally scared of clowns and I'm not taking all of this too seriously, but it's still kinda creepy.

• Brohoof 2

At some point, someone is going to get seriously creeped out, a clown is going to get shot or otherwise assaulted, and that will be the end of this stupid trend.

• Brohoof 4

So, I haven't read enough to know if there's actually been any harm or violence related to this, but just the very idea of creepy clowns prowling around is just....hilarious.  It seems like something straight out of a movie.  Like maybe The Purge or something.  It's just so ridiculous.  I just can't believe this is a thing.  Like, did I seriously just hear a news announcer say, "More creepy clown sightings across America"??  LOL.  Wtf is happening?  I do hope it's just a prank and that nothing serious comes of it.

I've heard of a report in my town of a sighting. I just think it's all a Halloween fad that one guy started somewhere. People read about it and think, I want to creep people out too!

The people that just walk around with the costumes isn't really that much of an issue, but when you throw weapons into the mix, it gets serious. Especially if they are clearly real.

• Brohoof 1

It seems like kind of a stupid trend where lots of people are going to jump on the bandwagon and keep spreading it around. Unfortunately these people won't learn their lesson until one of them gets shot in the ass, then the joke will be on them. 

• Brohoof 2

While I do find what these individuals are doing to be creepy (and quite frankly, it scares me), I haven't heard any reports of them harming anyone. They just seem to follow you around for a bit. I haven't seen any of this going on in my town, but I am keeping my eyes open because like I said, these guys frighten me!

I actually recently heard that a student made a threat against the high school I graduated from saying that he was going to come in dressed as a clown and hurt the other students and staff members. He admitted that it was all a joke and he wasn't really going to go through with it and wasn't punished for it.

I think some people just need to stop clowning around.

I don't know what the actual deal is, but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that people--in general--want attention and like having things to fear. There are probably a few trolls and/or creepy people who are actually dressing up as clowns just for shits and giggles, but I think the majority of these clown sightings are fake. By that, I mean it's just like these self-claimed ghost sightings, Sasquatch sightings, encounters with the Loch Ness monster, and so on.

• Brohoof 2

I live in Ontario, Canada, and for the most part this issue hadn't reached me.. until yesterday.

Local News in my area stated that there was a major threat made to the high schools all over where I live. Regardless of whether or not this is a hoax/prank thing, it isn't funny. I operate a school bus, so my priority is to make sure the students I'm transporting are safe, and this kind of thing does concern me to a degree. I have seen footage where these clown morons are actually wielding knives, which is just not ok. Other reports indicate they sometimes try to lure kids into the woods with candy etc.

Long story short.. If you see a clown, just call the police and don't go investigating yourself. You're safer not to get near these people who seem to think throwing death threats around lightly is a good plan. Halloween is coming up, and I get that spookiness is fun. I love getting into the scare pranks and the costumes and all that.. However this takes it a step beyond what should be considered fun. This is outright threatening, and potentially dangerous, not just for people who see the clowns, but the people who are actually doing the clown get-ups. One clown has already been shot dead in the US from what I read. So either way, it's just not a good situation to get involved in aside from notifying your local authorities. Stay safe!

It gives me a good reason to have firearms. You are in the limitations of the law to defend yourself if necessary. So long as you carefully evaluate the situation like discerning a fake weapon from a real one, and determine if the person is a threat, you are right to be worried. Always remember that it is the first step to evaluating wether lethal force is needed. Always act within the law and never use your weapon unless absolutely necessary. Check your local laws and if possible stay away from no-weapon locations like schools. They may be harmless jokers but in serious instances I have no problem dealing with the situation in the manner which I have prepared for.

I am also not a lawyer, so don't take anything I say as a defendable means in court. Check your laws or even ask a police officer your rights in the situation, if he is a good person he will tell you. I am not advocating the use of violence so don't go lighting up a clown and say I told you to.

What concerns me is how some of them repetitively send death threats. I don't really care if they are "doing it for the lolz" or are serious about it, it could classify as harassment.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there is anything funny about sending threats to people. Thing is, you have to still take those things seriously because there have been very brutal school shootings in the past. Those "clowns" have gone way too far. In one recent report I skimmed, there have been instances of people dressed as clowns and following people around with machetes. These types of "pranks" are disgusting, and if I were a parent of one of those kids that were targeted through Facebook, I would be very furious and deeply concerned for my child's well-being.

• Brohoof 2

I've heard about that a week ago, that's a hoax. The social media hoax, those clowns are look scary to me as the situation and an issue, they think these clown threats are targeting their schools including my school as well.  :o

It was cute when it was just a bunch of teens trying to keep a local legend alive. Now that it blew up like this it's just a minor annoyance. One of my friends was attacked by a clown, and it was frustrating. Cops couldn't do much, and the clown wouldn't appear to us. My friend who is a retired police officer said these clowns are just strings of copy cat artists and it wastes resources since half the time it's snot nose kids with nothing better to do or, more sinister, actual serial killers using this to cover their crimes.

Whatever might be the reasoning behind these clowns, I really want one to mess with me. I have pent up anger and I'll be damned if I'm made a victim again.

• Brohoof 1

It's a distraction and a government psyop and you know it is just like you know the media is trying to start a race war and just like the media is not reporting how were preparing for WWIII with Russia.

And at the same time something rebellious comes this way from Neptune. (Reference)