Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about this clown situation?

Peppermint Larry

It makes me feel sad for the real clowns. Clowns are a dying breed, a somewhat largish part of the population being more scared of them than being inclined to laugh. This isnt helping. Clowns exist to cheer people up, not scare them. Theyre of the same ilk as mall Santas.

I think this will all end once the mainstream media gets over it. Once people stop getting their 5 seconds of fame, the motivation to do it is gone. It might also come to a morbid end based on some of the reports of these morons luring children, threatening people while baring arms or issuing bomb threats. We'll just have to see which happens first; hopefully the former.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Yesterday two of my friends saw this strange lady on the way home from school. And she was dressed up as a clown. When she entered the train she put on a horror movie clown mask and started horrifically screaming and going insane before running out of the station. This took place in Ringwood at Melbourne-Australia.

And most disturbingly there have been several reported mass-shootings committed by men dressed as clowns that have all taken place in the USA as far as I know.

Edited by Techno Universal

It makes me feel sad for the real clowns. Clowns are a dying breed, a somewhat largish part of the population being more scared of them than being inclined to laugh. This isnt helping. Clowns exist to cheer people up.

I couldn't agree more...I've always liked clowns, and I find it saddening that popular media encourages people (espcially children) to dislike them, and I'm not referring to the recent trend of people using clown costumes to intimidate and antagonize people. In fact, I think the reason they choose clown get-ups is BECAUSE people are more inclined these days to have an unfounded fear of clowns, and our society condones and ENCOURAGES it (anyone remember the clown from Disney's Inside Out? Or how about the clown from the original Air Bud movie?).

In real life, I find it hard to believe that someone could really think that people become clowns so they can terrify children, or at least that any person of reasonable intellect couldn't recognize that clowns are not innately bad or scary. What has happened to American culture that zombies and vampires are all the rage, but some guy with a red nose and over-sized shoes making balloon animals is freaky?

Clowns are supposed to delight kids by appealing to their appreciation of silliness and goofiness (just like a certain pink party pony), and I hate to see these people reduced to the subject of common phobias, like heights and small spaces.

Now, I'm not saying that there isn't the possibly that someone was over-whelmed as a child by a clown who was maybe trying too hard, or just plain wasn't suited at being a clown, but traumized to the point that we still hate them as adults? C'mon, we're smarter than that...trauma is being on the front lines of war, watching your best friends die...it is not clowns.

We all have fears that stem from negative childhood experiences, I for one do not like descending ladders, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize that my fear is ridiculous.

Real-life clowns do what they do to delight and entertain, and I would guess it's pretty painful for them to watch disturbed people using their likeness to terroize others.

I know that it's kind of prank but totally not funny.

Scary prank can be funny only if you prank your friend and sure that he will be ok with it and then tells him that it was prank to laught together. Scary pranks against random unfamiliar people is harassing.

more and more sightings here in the UK, its getting bloody stupid. it was stupid to begin with. Am i right in thinking this was a 4chan thing? theres been a few arrests and confrontations of these clowns, where theyve been mobbed by people chasing THEM down. in the end theyre just a bunch of stupid wannabe internet troll kids that just dont have the guts to stand their ground when their victims turn on them. bunch of bloody idiots, really are. 

My sister is actually starting to get scared to leave the house for her jogs now because of this, she already has anxiety, this is the last thing you want to hear about. 

also have any of them had REAL weapons on them at all? over here, theres been witness reports theres machetes but from what ive actually seen, theyre always plastic. 

Holy fuck that is horrible :-o 

I don't live in the US but that does not sound good. Some of my good friends live there and then there are some clowns running around threatening everyone over there? They may be frauds, but you can't be sure. All they gotta do is target you, watch you for a while and then kill you.

Edited by FizzyGreen

I have seen a couple of people doing this actually including a small group of them harassing some people at one point. Also where I work, several months ago when I had to stay really late past working hours getting paperwork done we had a couple of teens dressed as clowns come press their faces to the doors and glass and start dragging their hands over them and licking them and the like. It freaked a lot of the people there still with me out and a couple of the girls were screaming and panicking and the like.

I don't pay them any mind really, if they want to dress like clowns I honestly could not care. But when they start harassing people and such I take an issue with it. Still a couple of delinquents taking it too far is no reason to start a global counterstike on clowns. Just punch the bad ones in their large rubber noses.

Terrified and paranoid :/ I can't believe that some people aren't taking it seriously since the clowns are threatening others.

People have been threatening each other since threats were a thing. Just because some people are now doing it in Bozo makeup does not really change the statistics. It is nothing to actually worry about much since the chances of most people seeing it are slim, and you just have to be wary of anyone walking around in a public place dressed like a clown and acting suspicious. We are not being invaded or anything.

Or are we? I've seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space before...

I haven't seen any yet and I live in NC... thank god I haven't. *Gets automatic paintball gun with frozen paintballs ready*

The closest clown sighting that I have found (legitimate) on the news was in Green Bay. (I'm in Wisconsin)

Terrified and paranoid :/ I can't believe that some people aren't taking it seriously since the clowns are threatening others.

No one ever seems to take anything seriously anymore, even online, they make a joke out of serious events and turn it into a joke.

I've literally never liked clowns. I always found them weird and creepy. I was at a birthday party when I was a kid, went looking for the clown to ask for a balloon animal and found him outside smoking a cigarette swearing. I don't think that helped my attitude towards clowns.

I'm pretty sure there's a "Plymouth Clown" that roams around by the river in Plymouth, New Hampshire at night. At least he doesn't try to kill people.

I am not happy about this but i heard there a Batman out in one of these places so thats kinda cool ^.^  

That would be neat, but I bet it wouldn't end good in some situations.

Batman is an awesome character, so are the movies!

That would be neat, but I bet it wouldn't end good in some situations.

Batman is an awesome character, so are the movies!

Indded... he def the best super hero! (mostly because he trained and stuff to actually do what he does instead of coming out of machine.

I'm pretty sure there's a "Plymouth Clown" that roams around by the river in Plymouth, New Hampshire at night. At least he doesn't try to kill people.

confirmed sightings of a Plymouth clown in the original Plymouth (UK) but hes also the one that was caught on camera running away. what a loser. 

• 2 weeks later...

As long they don’t  bother me, i don't bother them. but i feel it become a "new trend of the century" to put on a damn clown's mask for media attention.

There are actual clowns who works his/her ass off for a living whether it  out of enjoyment or not. 

These bozos out there put all clowns to shame.

1935355584-8960d1133059998-quotes-simpso

Yeah this has been going on. Had a few threats in my town too. But honestly I'm not surprised. The real clowns are in office, these kiddies playing dress up are just gonna wind up shot.

On 10/7/2016 at 9:03 PM, strongwilled_pegasus said:

I'll Take my batman suit out of storage, then I'll kick his ass

I believe it "their ass" These Jokerz gang i feel are more responsible running this show. haha