Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Winamp and VLC... .flac files skipping?

SunsetBaconDrive

Does anyone have a solution for why my .flac files are useless? I have the current versions of both winamp and VLC.. No luck. I have played with module settings for an hour on forums and none of that helped either. My friend ripped his vinyl into .flac for me and nothing is working... It plays for 10 seconds and flat out stops working. 

Does anyone have a solution for why my .flac files are useless? I have the current versions of both winamp and VLC.. No luck. I have played with module settings for an hour on forums and none of that helped either. My friend ripped his vinyl into .flac for me and nothing is working... It plays for 10 seconds and flat out stops working.

Is the file damaged? Was it properly saved as a .flac file?

What program was used to rip the files/What programs were involved in the transfer/conversion of the files ?

What operating system are you on?

I have VLC player, 2.2.4 - 64 bits version and don't recall of any specific problem related to VLC having trouble playing back .flac files.

I would probably use audacity to look at the file more closely to see if something else might be wrong with it.

Edited by pony.colin

Is the file damaged? Was it properly saved as a .flac file?

What program was used to rip the files/What programs were involved in the transfer/conversion of the files ?

What operating system are you on?

I have VLC player, 2.2.4 - 64 bits version and don't recall of any specific problem related to VLC having trouble playing back .flac files.

I would probably use audacity to look at the file more closely to see if something else might be wrong with it.

I don't understand how this worked... But I copied the files over to another directory, when I deleted that copy it played normally. I guess it has to do with file permissions, but then again why would only part of it play?

I don't understand how this worked... But I copied the files over to another directory, when I deleted that copy it played normally. I guess it has to do with file permissions, but then again why would only part of it play?

Hmm, I'm not familiar with a situation like this.  Unless some properties of the file were changed perhaps. Perhaps a setting has been edited on your drive that has changed the permissions?

Sorry that I can't be of much further help. But if the files are working fine, at least that's some good news.

• 4 years later...