Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How much money have you saved up?

zerox

Zero in the big way given I just got to work at my seasonal job and i plan to get all bills in -30 before the snows hit!

I never really save up money, because I don't really need to. Yet atleast.

I'm not sure if this thread is a very good idea but uh I don't really have a lot at the moment because of college and stuff. I used to have good amount but then I found the joy of nerdy merch and TCGs.. Don't really wanna say any numbers.

I only have 1000 in my savings account.  I would add more but most of it seems to go out the window as soon as I get it.  That money I have in my savings is mostly for things like should my cat need to go to the vet and paying my rent.

• Brohoof 1

I have a decent amount of money... Parents want me to keep saving it so I can buy a car, but gonna hold off on buying a car in this state. More than likely gonna move to a different state with my girlfriend, then buy a car.

At this point almost three hundred bucks in saving. Most of my money is either paying off my ridiculous credit card debt.( I am not in school btw just have no will power. When I want something I buy it .) or goes into my wallet for food or something or lottery tickets(to get myself out of credit card debt.

I normally wouldn't post about something as personal as my finances, but since I don't really have enough to be worried about, I can say that I just manage to save up for one good vacation every year (over and above my regular expenses that is). I live with a roommate and it helps a lot, especially in Southern Cal, where apartment rent is insane. 

I just had my yearly vacation in late August, so that fund is depleted for now, but I've already started saving up again for next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a house this summer so most of my savings went into that. I have about $3000 now in the bank. I like to have at least that much chilling there as buffer for "fun surprise" expenses that come with owning a house and cars. My water heater is from 1998, so.....

Edited by Cirrus.