Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were to do a "balance" patch for the mane seven's abilities...

Unlikeable Pony

So, here's a question: If they were to do a "balance" patch of sorts and flesh out their abilities or give them secondary abilities to kind of compliment or flesh out the extent of their special abilities, what secondary uses for their powers or extra abilities would you give them?

I would allow Rarity to be able to fly on one of her shields Silver Surfer style. And I would give Sunset the ability to summon blasts of Sonic energy similar to April from the 2012 TMNT.

The IceGoat giveth, and the IceGoat taketh away.

-Applejack armor reduced by 1

-Pinkie Pie intelligence gain reduced from 2.00 to 1.50

-Rainbow Dash base damage decreased by 4

-Fluttershy cooldown increased from 0 to 30/24/18/12

-Rarity base strength reduced from 18 to 15

-Twilight mana cost increased from 50 to 120

-Sunset ability changed from instant to channeled

-Spike is still a dog lol

-Applejack gets lasso and some heavy armor

-Pinkie Pie can bring objects to life

-Rainbow Dash learns how to actually fight properly

-Fluttershy can merge with her inhuman friends

-Rarity learns how to better utilize barriers offensively and in tandem with others

-Twilight enlists into fitness club and builds up that mental fortitude

-Sunset learns how to track trough inorganic mediums via psychometry

-Spike becomes nearly half as competent as Zwei

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash already has her super speed, but I feel like she should be able to summon lightning bolts or have some form of electric power. It makes sense considering the lightning bolt on her cutie mark.

Personally, I think it'd be nice if they gave fluttershy a couple additional Add on powers so she could at least contribute a little more in a fight; not enough to be 100% a fighter focused character, but maybe give her the stare so she could basically mindlock someone who attacked her head on.
Healing powers would go well with her animal ability too, since the primary use could be for helping injured or sick animals, but she could use them in a pinch to get her friends on their feet if they got the crap kicked out of them. Maybe not "instant healing" kind of stuff like what dende from DBZ could do, but increasing the speed on healing so they'd just take about 10 minutes to get back on their feet instead of a full day.

It'd be nice if they allowed sunset to be able to use her powers without needing to touch people, or at least have some more pre-cog type abilities to help act as a field commander or support kind of character; like maybe danger sense stuff so she could at least yell out a warning every so often to keep one of her friends from being sucker punched.

I still like the idea of Sunset being a non-combatant Leader, since its a good contrast (Like a king in chess), and avoids the grating "the leader is the most super powered one and the only one that matters in a fight" crap that most shonen series use.

I think it'd be neat if they had Rarity practicing her Skills in an ARTISTIC manner so she could learn to make more intricate constructs rather than just simple gem shields, so she could, with training, try to do stuff like make Green lantern cages or stuff like what she did as Radiance.

Give AJ a lasso of honesty as well, Wonder women plagiarism be damned :P

Rainbow Dash already has her super speed, but I feel like she should be able to summon lightning bolts or have some form of electric power. It makes sense considering the lightning bolt on her cutie mark.

Agreed, Giving RD weather control would feel very natural.

I would allow Rarity to be able to fly on one of her shields Silver Surfer style. And I would give Sunset the ability to summon blasts of Sonic energy similar to April from the 2012 TMNT.

Agreed about the flying on a shield thing; Since she seems to be making the gem shields like hard light constructs (She made a chandelier out of her crystals at the end after all), it seems like it'd be a logical ability for her.

I'd allow Sunset to be able to conjure up fire magic given what her cutie mark represents.

True, but it goes so much against her Empathy Ability's schtick :P

• Brohoof 2

True, but it goes so much against her Empathy Ability's schtick :P

That's true but it would still be nice for her to use fire magic of some kind.

Get rid of your psychological problems... WITH FIRE! Burn everything that upsets! BURN IT ALL!

I'd probably would go for that.

Always thought it should be Fluttershy with telepathy and some degree of mind control. Her sight (stare) can send out brain waves that cause people's brains to freeze up causing sudden paralysis. 

Edited by cider float