Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Specials Coming in 2017

PinkiePie97

Definitely sounds more interesting than a season 7 of FIM.

I am looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

Hopefully, that this is going to be an EQG mini series.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Hopefully they'll be the start of a new miniseries rather than shorts. Did not expect to get 3 of them

Yes! In the same announcement we also have a Season 7 announcement too apparently. And new EG shorts? Sweet, can't wait to see them after the lack of shorts for LOE, this could be to make up for that.

The article said specials, not shorts. I imagine that they'll be about 22 minutes (or 30 if they air on TV), as opposed to shorts, which aren't that long.

• Brohoof 3

Excuse me while I freak out for just a few moments. Ahem... ^_^  ^_^  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :sunshower:  :sunshower: 

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system, this is really fantastic news. I hope that these continue on from where Legend of Everfree left off, and I would like to see a fifth movie overall just to keep up the tradition.

they may as well as make it an ongoing tv show at this rate.

I would really like to see an Equestria Girls TV series, personally. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 5

I would really like to see an Equestria Girls TV series, personally. 

I couldn't agree more. Equestria Girls did start as a controversial issue months after the Alicorn Twilight incident but now, it has become a series we adore! I think that idea will be put into good use in the future.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

I couldn't agree more. Equestria Girls did start as a controversial issue months after the Twilight Alicorn incident but now, it has become a series we adore! I think that idea will be put into good use in the future.

I completely agree with you.

I had my misgivings about Equestria Girls initially but, after seeing the series grow and evolve into it's own franchise I find myself enjoying  it even more than the main series.

I would also like to see a holiday related special, as well.

• Brohoof 2

they may as well as make it an ongoing tv show at this rate.

I'm surprised that this isn't a thing yet. A television show would be able to delve into further storylines and character development that has been stunted by the movies due to the seventy-two minute time limit.

• Brohoof 3

Interesting.  So we're getting 3 Equestria Girls specials instead of a 5th movie.

Which leads me to these questions

1) How long will each special last?

2) Does it have to do with the end of the last movie?

3) Will we have a crossover with a Disney property?(Ex: Marvel or Star Wars)

4) Will we actually see EQG Discord, STarlight Glimmer or Tirek?(Maybe make him the Lex Luthor of EQG)

The article said specials, not shorts. I imagine that they'll be about 22 minutes (or 30 if they air on TV), as opposed to shorts, which aren't that long.

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted. But I do wonder what exactly they mean by "specials?" It's never exactly explained much in the article, so I have two different ideas. They probably won't be movie length, so like you say it could be 22 minute specials on their own. My other idea is maybe 3 episodes of Season 7 will involve the EG world, It's highly unlikely I know, but I'd really love to see the two worlds interact with each other, so yeah.

• Brohoof 1

I am expecting them to follow up on the ending of Legend of Everfree. Hopefully we could see the Dazzlings again.

Two options:

Three 45 minute mini movies that merge into one movie involving these stones( yes bring the Dazzlings back, they deserve a revenge shot) 

Holiday specials: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas(unlikely option) then EQG5 will explain the stones. 

I am expecting them to follow up on the ending of Legend of Everfree. Hopefully we could see the Dazzlings again.

Two options:

Three 45 minute mini movies that merge into one movie involving these stones( yes bring the Dazzlings back, they deserve a revenge shot) 

Holiday specials: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas(unlikely option) then EQG5 will explain the stones. 

Those are both great ideas. If they did bring back the Dazzlings I would be so happy but if they are holiday specials I would still watch them so I could review them.

I really want a Halloween special. One thing I'd like to see done in Holiday EqG specials is showing us the differences between Equestrian and Human holidays. For example, we have Halloween while Equestria has Nightmare Moon or whatever it's called, and both would have radically different origins. They will probably have to rename Christmas, though. And of course, I think it's time we see how Sunset has been living and what happened when she first came to the Human world, which I think would be suitable for a Thanksgiving special. You know, for her being grateful for what she has?

They need to continue on with the aftermath of what was seen at the end of Legend of Everfree. There's no way they can leave something like that open-ended given the ramifications behind it. I also want Sunset and Princess Celestia to finally reconcile with one another over what happened long ago. It's something they really need to address now. The fandom want to see it happen and the notion has been growing stronger over the past couple of years.

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys while browsing Equestria Daily and found this image.

Capture.PNG

Continuation of the first post. Give me your thoughts and speculations on this information. Bye.
Hi, as there is already a thread about this particular topic I have decided to merge the two.

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted. But I do wonder what exactly they mean by "specials?" It's never exactly explained much in the article, so I have two different ideas. They probably won't be movie length, so like you say it could be 22 minute specials on their own. My other idea is maybe 3 episodes of Season 7 will involve the EG world, It's highly unlikely I know, but I'd really love to see the two worlds interact with each other, so yeah.

Well idea one seems likely and idea two seems very interesting. Maybe that's what those lights were.