Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Specials Coming in 2017

PinkiePie97

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted. But I do wonder what exactly they mean by "specials?" It's never exactly explained much in the article, so I have two different ideas. They probably won't be movie length, so like you say it could be 22 minute specials on their own. My other idea is maybe 3 episodes of Season 7 will involve the EG world, It's highly unlikely I know, but I'd really love to see the two worlds interact with each other, so yeah.

I'm assuming that they will be the standard length of a regular episode of MLP, but since these have been deemed "specials", perhaps they will be slightly longer than usual. Or, perhaps one of them could in fact be the fifth movie. Right now, there's no telling what we'll see in each one due to it still being in the early stages, but at least we're getting more Equestria Girls next year.

Two options:

Three 45 minute mini movies that merge into one movie involving these stones( yes bring the Dazzlings back, they deserve a revenge shot) 

Holiday specials: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas(unlikely option) then EQG5 will explain the stones. 

Halloween should definitely be considered given that the movies have brought up the notion that creatures from Equestria have been booted from there and ended up in the human world. If the Dazzlings can come back then so can the Shadowbolts.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The specials will be 22 minutes each, are straight to TV, and will follow Legend of Everfree.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/my-little-pony-season-7-officially.html

The confirmation regarding these specials following the events of Legend of Everfree is exactly what I was hoping for. I think I understand why they are taking Equestria Girls in this direction. If it works then the next step would be an obvious one. All three specials combined equal sixty-six minutes which is the length of an EQG movie minus eight minutes, but I'm okay with that as it means triple the EQG.

There's one thing I would love to see again in these specials and that's Sci-Twi. I can't shake the feeling she looks SO adorable in her new look! Still, can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead of the Human Seven. 

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

22 Minutes? Really sounds like testing the waters for a TV series....maybe it's finally time

Also hoping at least one of them is a SoL episode

• Brohoof 1

The 3 specials will air during S7 as part of S7 line up 1st one will be aired some where between the 1st to 5th episode. Where the Human 7 discover the leaking magic and will focus on them fixing the statue with a temporary patch.

2nd special will air closer to 13th to 15th episodes of S7. Where we see some humans stray into pony world along with some weird twist where the human 5 and mane 5 temporary swap places and have to rely on the pony twi to get human 5 back to human world and mane 5 rely in sunset and Sci twi to help them return to pony world

The 3rd special will air between episode 24 and 25 of S7 or be part of S7 ender where Sirens having seen portal in 2nd special go back to equestria and considering I thought I read somewhere that sea ponies were in 2017 movie S7 episode 26 will be the Sirens in pony world setting things in place and gearing up to movie where Sirens will try to retake underwater kingdom

But just a theory a pony theory thanks for hoofing it.

Or 2nd special could be Sirens returning to pony world with episode 14 or 15 of s7 being a team up of Sirens and queen Crylisla only to get defeated but before being banished back to human world Sirens escape back to equestria ocean the invade sea kingdom to set up movie plot. Leaving 3rd EG special as Shimmer saying goodbye to humans and returning to Celestia

Ooh ooh ooh I also want a special pony episode with human Sunset stumbling into pony world and being mistaken for pony sunset. Where parts of S7 story are is human Sunset having spend her time in Equestria finding herself while dealing with pony sunset's unfinished business

And 3rd special would be a heart's warming eve special with the to sunset shimmers meeting up and going back to their proper sides of the portal with each other presenting the other with friends and restored lives of the other.

Pony shimmer finds human shimmer made amends for her allow for happy return

Human shimmer returns to human world to find human 6 waiting to share the love and friendship pony shimmer left them.

Again just theories and ideas

I wonder if they'll be released during or after S7 however

If they want to have Equestria Girls relevant throughout the duration of the year instead of just one part, then have the three specials be released at different tangents alongside the season seven episodes. All at once might be a bit too much and would lessen the overall impact each one would make.

I'm hoping the first EG special has a end credit scene showing the Sirens seeing the portal and returning to Equestria where the next fim s7 episode shows Sirens poping out in twilight's castle wrecking havoc and almost being defeated but at last second Queen Crylisla shows ups and saves the Sirens from the Mane 6 and convinces them to serve her.

I'm hoping the first EG special has a end credit scene showing the Sirens seeing the portal and returning to Equestria where the next fim s7 episode shows Sirens poping out in twilight's castle wrecking havoc and almost being defeated but at last second Queen Crylisla shows ups and saves the Sirens from the Mane 6 and convinces them to serve her.

That is an oddly specific thing to hope for.

Personally, I don't see the point of EG.  Why does it even exist, except to create an audience for those who don't get into anthros.  Don't get my wrong, taken on their own they're alright, but I think it cheapens the MLP universe.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda of hope these specials are Holiday oriented. Like a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then a Christmas episode.

This could also be them testing the waters for an EQG TV series.

I kinda of hope these specials are Holiday oriented. Like a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then a Christmas episode.

This could also be them testing the waters for an EQG TV series.

I kinda doubt about it, I don't think these specials will air after the pony movie :huh:

I kinda doubt about it, I don't think these specials will air after the pony movie :huh:

Why? They don't really have anything to with FiM anymore, so it wouldn't conflict with it. It'd help Hasbro end the year still putting out new MLP content.

They're 22-minute Equestria Girls specials, three (3) of them, so that's "excellent" news! :love: Following the Legend of Everfree movie, I look forward for that special when 2017 (a year starting on Sunday) begins!

I just realized they're breaking down EQG5 into three little specials. I have no idea why? 

No one said this was EQG 5 broken down. They're just doing 3 specials instead of a movie. They won't necessarily be one story.

I just realized they're breaking down EQG5 into three little specials. I have no idea why? 

They announced it was going to be three specials as opposed to a full-fledged fifth movie. There was nothing saying that these specials were once a movie before being broken up. Many believe that this could be a test to see if Equestria Girls can handle being shown in twenty-two minute bursts. It could mean an actual cartoon is possible.

Personally, I don't see the point of EG. Why does it even exist, except to create an audience for those who don't get into anthros. Don't get my wrong, taken on their own they're alright, but I think it cheapens the MLP universe.

It's not for everyone. But the appeal is there for me for human versions of nonhuman characters. Back growing up. In 3rd season of original 80s transformers 4 autobots Rodimus, Ultra Magnus, Stringer, and RC were all 4 had their life essence sucked out and transformed into humans. That one episode was interesting to me, along with a season 2 episode that a magic tree turned Seaspray into a human when he fell in love with a human. While prolonged time as human for a nonhuman would be normally over doing it, in EG we only have one nonhuman being human. And the level of story interactions Sunset has with them along with the fact in a tv series the focus would not be constantly on Sunset but would focus on actually human characters would to be what kept Sunset's having been a pony from wearing out to quickly.