Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Specials Coming in 2017

PinkiePie97

I was very surprised to hear that Hasbro said they won't be releasing a 5th movie next year, but rather 3 episode-length specials. Well, I have been getting into miniseries' recently, and I'll be getting to see more adventures with Sci-Twi and friends than what you could possibly get from a single movie, so I'll definitely do what I've been doing with regular episodes and watch the specials a day after they've aired on DF. Hopefully, they also address the magic in the human world. I know it comes from Equestria, but how exactly does it work?

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Hasbro Studios has announced that 3 Equestria Girls specials are in the works. Currently, the details are unknown, but they will be released in 2017.

http://worldscreen.com/tvkids/mipjunior-spotlight-hasbro-studios-2/#.V_UuBmkdl9w.twitter

I just hope that they actually resolve the story line of Legend Of Everfree. But considering there going to be 22 minutes I'm assuming they'll be boring high school life specials.

I was very surprised to hear that Hasbro said they won't be releasing a 5th movie next year, but rather 3 episode-length specials. Well, I have been getting into miniseries' recently, and I'll be getting to see more adventures with Sci-Twi and friends than what you could possibly get from a single movie, so I'll definitely do what I've been doing with regular episodes and watch the specials a day after they've aired on DF. Hopefully, they also address the magic in the human world. I know it comes from Equestria, but how exactly does it work?

Well they have the feature film next year. Not to on season 7. And there still making EQG specials. That's a lot of work for one studio to do.

I've noticed some people on this topic saying there more excited for EQG then the feature film or season seven. Why is that? I only started watching MLP two months ago. So does anybody have a reason why people are more excited for the EQG specials?

They announced it was going to be three specials as opposed to a full-fledged fifth movie. There was nothing saying that these specials were once a movie before being broken up. Many believe that this could be a test to see if Equestria Girls can handle being shown in twenty-two minute bursts. It could mean an actual cartoon is possible.

I think it's just because they have a lot going on next year.

Whether it's another movie or just a series of specials as it appears to be, I'm excited. I love Equestria Girls a ridiculous amount. I hope hope hope we get more music videos too! :D :D :D :D 

I really like Equestria Girls....

• Brohoof 1

Whether it's another movie or just a series of specials as it appears to be, I'm excited. I love Equestria Girls a ridiculous amount. I hope hope hope we get more music videos too! :D :D :D :D

We could also do with more animated shorts to further build on the world they currently have.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah that would be really cool.

We could also do with more animated shorts to further build on the world they currently have.

I don't know what else needs to be explained.

I have noticed some peopl here saying there more excited for the EQG specials than the feature film or season seven. Why is that?

Yeah that would be really cool.

I don't know what else needs to be explained.

I have noticed some peopl here saying there more excited for the EQG specials than the feature film or season seven. Why is that?

I'm disappointed that Legend of Everfree had no animated shorts compared to the previous two movies. They would have added more depth to what we ended up getting not to mention provide some hilarity.

Really? I haven't been noticing anything like that, but now that you mention it, perhaps further investigation is necessary.

• Brohoof 2

I'm disappointed that Legend of Everfree had no animated shorts compared to the previous two movies. They would have added more depth to what we ended up getting not to mention provide some hilarity.

Really? I haven't been noticing anything like that, but now that you mention it, perhaps further investigation is necessary.

Would you rather have 3 22 minute specials or a few 5 minute shorts? Come on now folks, don't get greedy, they don't have infinite resources. It's either one thing or the other.

Well at the very least they have to a dress the magic crack in the statue. And I've seen some people on this topic saying they where more excited for the WET stuff.

They announced it was going to be three specials as opposed to a full-fledged fifth movie. There was nothing saying that these specials were once a movie before being broken up. Many believe that this could be a test to see if Equestria Girls can handle being shown in twenty-two minute bursts. It could mean an actual cartoon is possible.

Not to mention the pony movie will come out the same year, roughtly a month after most of the EGs movies were released each year. And judging by some of the personel previous experiences, the want to make THE pony movie

Would you rather have 3 22 minute specials or a few 5 minute shorts? Come on now folks, don't get greedy, they don't have infinite resources. It's either one thing or the other.

I was referring to Legend of Everfree not having the animated shorts which it should have had. For the three specials next year, they should go with them and see what happens.

Well at the very least they have to a dress the magic crack in the statue. And I've seen some people on this topic saying they where more excited for the WET stuff.

Someone at Hasbro has confirmed that the specials follow the events of Legend of Everfree so we're sure to find out more about the ramifications of the portal leaking out magic.

Not to mention the pony movie will come out the same year, roughtly a month after most of the EGs movies were released each year. And judging by some of the personel previous experiences, the want to make THE pony movie

The movie next year is shaping up to be Hasbro's biggest project regarding MLP, so it makes sense that they want to pour as much resources into it as possible. I just hope the three specials and season seven aren't neglected as a result.

• Brohoof 1

I was referring to Legend of Everfree not having the animated shorts which it should have had. For the three specials next year, they should go with them and see what happens.

Someone at Hasbro has confirmed that the specials follow the events of Legend of Everfree so we're sure to find out more about the ramifications of the portal leaking out magic.

The movie next year is shaping up to be Hasbro's biggest project regarding MLP, so it makes sense that they want to pour as much resources into it as possible. I just hope the three specials and season seven aren't neglected as a result.

Well it's good to know that they'll at least try and address the cliffhangers.

Well it's good to know that they'll at least try and address the cliffhangers.

What we don't know is whether all of the specials will focus on the aftermath of Legend of Everfree, or if one or two of them will do so with the remaining one(s) focusing on something completely different.

• Brohoof 1

What we don't know is whether all of the specials will focus on the aftermath of Legend of Everfree, or if one or two of them will do so with the remaining one(s) focusing on something completely different.

Yeah that's what I don't like. They might just end up being some generic Disney channel storylines.
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah that's what I don't like. They might just end up being some generic Disney channel storylines.

Until we start seeing trailers, everything we say is simply a guesstimate.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I onow. But I just don't eant them to suck.

If the current trend with Equestria Girls is any indication, the specials are going to turn out just fine.

• Brohoof 1

I'm curious if they will be any trailers in general. The idea of having many shorts and trailers for the shorts would be odd. Especially that we don't know how long does open we should not expect trailers. Although I do hope that he does answer a few of the questions that the fandom has been asking for a long time. Like where is human sunset?

Oh so I hope this could be a path for a eqg show.

• 4 weeks later...