• I ain't lying; that was terrible!
    • That...wasn't good.
    • Honestly...meh.
    • I liked it; could've been better.
    • That was honestly AWESOME! <3

TitleWhere the Apple Lies

Air Date: October 8, 2016
Written by: David Rapp

Synopsis: When Apple Bloom tells a white lie to cover up a mistake, Applejack shares the embarrassing story of how she came to value honesty following a series of lies that almost destroyed the farm and landed the whole Apple family in the hospital.

Of course remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

applejack_is_honest_by_orangel8989-d4a6c

• Brohoof 3

More Applejack backstory?  SIGN ME UP!!!  I always love learning more about our favorite apple pony's past.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 4

Oh man, this episode already has a lot of stuff we don't usually get.  A ton of Tabitha's AMAZING Granny Smith voice, Filthy Rich, the as-usual absolutely awful Spoiled Rich (although I have to say it was a treat getting to learn that her maiden name was Spoiled Milk  :orly:).  Also young AJ and Big Mac squabbling together is great, especially for an older brother like myself.  :D

Her maiden name is Spoiled Milk. Why am I not surprised?

Rich, what do you see in this mare?

Sadly, as nice as our Filthy Rich seems, it appears that mare's appearances may be his weak spot.  :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 6

So I'm pretty sure that Big Mac has talked more in this single episode already than he ever has in the entire show.  This is... this is weird, this is very weird.  :awuh:

• Brohoof 6

Loving this already. Granny Smith is amazing. XD Spoiled Milk though, you would think the name would be a red flag. :o Rich seems a bit...oblivious. :P

I am still amazed parent ponies would give their offspring such awful names. XD I guess Spoiled was a particularly bad newborn foal.

• Brohoof 5

Wait the episode is 2/3rds over where are her parents? I thought that is what this episode was going to center around!

Evidently, they're already dead! And it's about how A.J. originally learns to be honest!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I am still amazed parent ponies would give their offspring such awful names. XD I guess Spoiled was a particularly bad newborn foal.

Bet she headbutted both her parents when they first tried to kiss her.  :orly:

• Brohoof 1

An episode focusing on what happened with Applejack at a young age, did make this sound at least somewhat interesting, 

I thought this episode was good.

I enjoyed seeing how differently Big Mac and Applejack behaved in the past and how it contrasts to what they are like in the present.

The two of them trying to see how would run the farm did give us at least somewhat of an interesting dynamic.

Not the most exciting episode, but I did find how the episode handled the Apple siblings to be interesting enough.

If you keep your eyes peeled, you'll see in the flashback a certain grey pegasus with her eyes bandaged up. Well, that explains her infamous derp look!  ;)

• Brohoof 3

did you see the little girls from the Shining?

I did! There were a couple of funny easter eggs in this episode.

Really good episode overall, though I did want to see baby Apple Bloom and understand why Big Mac really stopped talking.

• Brohoof 5

Sorry to say but I'm just a tad bit disappointed. The description of this weeks episode said that applejack's lying was going to land the entire apple family in the hospital. Heavily implying ponies got hurt or injured with her lying. BUT ALL THAT WAS A COPOUT!!!

It seems a bit lazy. Then again I shouldn't be surprised. This show's demographic is for little girls (mostly). They would never stoupe to that level of maturity. The closest they got was "Tanks for the Memories". 

So we still don't know what happened to the Apple Parents, the description of today's episode was INCREDIBLY MISLEADING, and yet... I was still entertained and I enjoyed the moral.

6.5/10 The hype ruined it for me...

• Brohoof 1

Odd seeing some of the chat reactions saying this was a bad episode, I thought it was lovely. Granny Smith was hilarious, Big Mac being a huge talker when he was younger was a treat to see and it gave Filthy Rich more backstory as well as the Apple Family. Sure, the whole 'lie spiraling out of control' thing is a trope that has been done ot death, but doing that with who is now the Element of Honesty was a nice touch. I found the episode to be a very enjoyable watch with of course a wonderfully heartwarming ending. Two hooves up from me.  I really cannot think of anything I did not like here and Applejack is my least favorite from the mane 6 so that is saying something.

Also, they were going saw Big Mac's leg off. o_o

• Brohoof 2

I actually enjoyed this episode! It wasn't what I was expecting, but I loved it nonetheless

Originally, (and because of the conference in Poland) I thought this episode was going to be about Applejack's parents. Though it had nothing to do with that, the episode was great and still had plenty of backstory to fill me in with a bit more understanding. We also got to see a bit more on Derpy. While she was only in the episode for a good 4 seconds, we got to see she wasn't always cross-eyed. Good job, DHX!

Edited by RealityPublishing
  • Brohoof 1

It was a bit unnerving to see people so mad at this episode. Could people not tell from the get-go that it was the story of how Applejack came to be honest? Honestly, although it wasn't as good as "Every Little Thing She Does" in my opinion, it was a great episode and I don't really have any faults with it! :)

• Brohoof 2

I enjoyed the episode. It proves that there WERE times when any of the Mane 6 acted against their element.

Plus it DOES provide Big Mac with more dialog than before. Not to mention that maybe I'm getting a hunch that there may have been a time that Big Mac would have been more fit for the Element of Honesty than Applejack.

One can hope that his development goes further in season 7.

Great Episode.

• Brohoof 2