What did you think of the episode?  

134 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I ain't lying; that was terrible!
    • That...wasn't good.
    • Honestly...meh.
    • I liked it; could've been better.
    • That was honestly AWESOME! <3

This is one of my favorites from this season I think.  Who knew Big Macintosh could yack so much.  I suppose I get what is suggested to justify his mostly silent nature, but I think it is too much to the extreme.  He could simply have decided to talk less rather than limit himself to two words the majority of the time.  It was good to see so much more about him in this.  Not entirely sure how I feel about AJ being embarrassed  in to a life of honesty.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Where the Apple Lies teaches a very great message, Applejack knew about manipulation to salvage a Flim Flam of her own. She even involves her brother in this BLATANT LIE ASSUMING she can find a way to keep it a secret from Granny whilst manipulating Filthy Rich. It's possible to get dozens, heck even hundreds if people involved in a secret, or a lie if there is a large amount of money at stake, the stake of someone's reputation, sometimes the stake of entire businesses or even peoples freedom. We need to embrace the TRUTH, TELL THE TRUTH, and not let it spiral into a self serving circle of madness, deception & manipulation. You need to be honest. Remember the "little white lie" in veggie tales? When you make a misconception, you don't drag the world down with you in desperation trying to find a way out because your opportunistic ego couldn't handle the truth. You own your part in the lie you've told and suffer the consequences.

Think a big brain like Applejack would have known from the start, seems more like a mistake her "cousin" Pinkie Pie would have potentially made..

Yeah lies can get out of hand and very creative in desperation, but you really need to own what you've done, what you've said, and how you have ruined or negatively effected the lies of others without expecting the victims of your lives to bend and break for you.

Edited by FriendGuy

• 2 months later...

Man I love the Apple family. Any episode involving them almost always ends up being good. Teen(?) Applejack is positively adorable. And seeing (hearing) Big Mac talk was great. Along with the “Eeyup” fakeouts in the flashback. Plus we get to see why he’s so quiet now in the present. Although I think he might’ve went a bit too far with the whole staying quiet and listening thing lol.

AJ continually getting herself deeper and deeper into trouble by lying was funny, and a great message I think.