Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler things that bother you in Legend of everfree

Izanagi

So, whats one or a few things that personally bug you about the new eqg movie? in my opinion, that would be Timber. not because he's a love interest. But the fact that i liked how eqg3 removed the 'love' element and went for a friendship route...that and you know, timber's design annoys me to no end because his hair is green and his eyebrows are brown. Oh and the little 'one liners' he sometimes said also just...irked me, i'unno. i also found the fact that a camp councilor was hitting on a camper, which, is a no go. If twi wasn't a camper, it wouldn't matter. but she is, and for all we know he could be 20+ so he's hitting on a minor..some people argue that "well in the states---" which doesn't count as an argument, due to, news flash, it's not in the united states of america. it's like America, Canada, and Britain smashed together. Anyway, I just found timber's design, character, and overall...himself, being kinda 'eh' is he a better fit for twilight then flash? Probably, but doesn't excuse that his flaws, for me, outway many things.  you may think i'm picky with the 'design' part of him, but when seeing things that are..out of place, it leads to annoyance, atleast for me anyway

• Brohoof 3

I feel like they're just bashing Flash Sentry at this point. Not sure if I am perceiving the situation properly, though.

I also felt the after credits scene was, while amusing, completely pointless, but honestly I can't think of a good way to fit it into the movie itself besides being an after credits scene.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like they're just bashing Flash Sentry at this point. Not sure if I am perceiving the situation properly, though.

I also felt the after credits scene was, while amusing, completely pointless, but honestly I can't think of a good way to fit it into the movie itself besides being an after credits scene.

i think the flash sentry thing was honestly just to go "We're probably not gonna have princess twilight come back, so who cares. Sunset~!" because otherwise flash wouldn't need to 'get over twilight'

• Brohoof 1

i think the flash sentry thing was honestly just to go "We're probably not gonna have princess twilight come back, so who cares. Sunset~!" because otherwise flash wouldn't need to 'get over twilight'

They really shouldn't cut Princess Twilight out of the series entirely. It would make the Pony scenes from the earlier instalments seem especially jarring in retrospect. Even to someone who doesn't watch FiM or was even aware it was it's own series, it would probably make them go "Hey remember those Ponies? What the hell happened to all that?" there is no getting past the fact they are a part of the lore.

• Brohoof 1

The title sequence is the weakest one of the four we've seen. I was expecting special effects, the characters showing up when their voice artist's name popped up, and even the logo appearing at the end. Instead, we got the complete opposite--the song is still pretty good and I still loved the movie.

• Brohoof 6

The whole Sci-Twi x Timber Spruce thing bothered me in many ways, too and I'll admit some of that probably is me being biased because I consider Sci-Twi to be my favourite character in the EqG movie series and I think the amount of time the writers spent on the movie trying to force a new romantic interest for Twi had ruined the movie. (Seriously, the title of the movie is Legend of Everfree, I was expecting some world building, not a forced romantic plot that has so many things wrong with it, like what Izanagi pointed out and, about the age thing, I think Twilight would be like, 18 at most and 16 at least. Still, I agree with you). I also think the movie was very poorly written and tried to juggle too many subplots despite being limited to about 73 minutes (not sure about the Netflix version, only saw the "leaked" version that aired on DK in Brazil).

• Brohoof 3

Gloriosa Daisy's motive to save Camp Everfree and her sudden villainization to do so. It's not like it's necessary to encroach the very ones who enjoy Camp Everfree by trapping them against their will. She became over top-of-her head in her protection which only worsen her scenario.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

They really shouldn't cut Princess Twilight out of the series entirely. It would make the Pony scenes from the earlier instalments seem especially jarring in retrospect. Even to someone who doesn't watch FiM or was even aware it was it's own series, it would probably make them go "Hey remember those Ponies? What the hell happened to all that?" there is no getting past the fact they are a part of the lore.

iit would be kinda heartbreaking to see flash possibly date sunset only for twi to see tho. since flash is over her xD cause i guess no one ever told him the story.

My only disappointment is no Princess Twilight/Sci-Twi meeting.

they technically did meet, at the end of eqg3..wasn't much tho.

The whole Sci-Twi x Timber Spruce thing bothered me in many ways, too and I'll admit some of that probably is me being biased because I consider Sci-Twi to be my favourite character in the EqG movie series and I think the amount of time the writers spent on the movie trying to force a new romantic interest for Twi had ruined the movie. (Seriously, the title of the movie is Legend of Everfree, I was expecting some world building, not a forced romantic plot that has so many things wrong with it, like what Izanagi pointed out and, about the age thing, I think Twilight would be like, 18 at most and 16 at least. Still, I agree with you). I also think the movie was very poorly written and tried to juggle too many subplots despite being limited to about 73 minutes (not sure about the Netflix version, only saw the "leaked" version that aired on DK in Brazil).

yeah, it's why i personally put eqg3 as my favourite, might not be the best written but it did remove the romance subplot, the timber thing bothers me on so many levels, not because the possible point of Pedophilia, but when you run a camp and are a camp councilor you are basically told to not even try dating your campers. I get that people can like the eqg relationships, but some people have used "Well timber' nerdy so they're perfect!" as an excuse, which i don't believe in. that makes no sense. oh an timber's one liners annoy me, like when twilight broke a board from the dock and he catches her and he says "don't fall for me" Or something, like dude she could've hurt herself, it's your job to check if shes okay.

Gloriosa Daisy's motive to save Camp Everfree and her sudden villainization to do so. It's not like it's necessary to encroach the very ones who enjoy Camp Everfree by trapping them against their will. She became over top-of-her head in her protection which only worsen her scenario.

you know, i made this forum post to see how many problems we could think of about eqg4..a lot of people praising it that i know atleast (Not all, a lot of people just generally like the movie and see it's flaws. so good for them :3) but a lotta people i know have said zero things bad about it, praising it a bit to much xD

Edited by Izanagi
  • Brohoof 3

Something that bugs me is when Sci-Twi ponied up, she had wings. On the one hand, I kind of understand it given that she's connected to Princess Twilight in a way, but on the other hand it feels cheap given she didn't do anything to earn wings unlike the pony Twilight. I always pictured her turning into a unicorn if she ever passed through the portal.

• Brohoof 6

Something that bugs me is when Sci-Twi ponied up, she had wings. On the one hand, I kind of understand it given that she's connected to Princess Twilight in a way, but on the other hand it feels cheap given she didn't do anything to earn wings unlike the pony Twilight. I always pictured her turning into a unicorn if she ever passed through the portal.

That was something I mentioned in my review as not making much sense. She didn't earn those wings unlike Twilight herself who went through quite the ordeal--even if she did cause that particular problem.

• Brohoof 3

would make a lot more sense. sci-twi doesn't do anything. First she almost possibly killed a buncha people, and then shes a hero. twilight neigh earned alicornhood.

to anyone who sees this, am i the only one who watched the final twilight scene with her friends around her getting some deja-vu of Dragon Ball Xenoverses ending?

• Brohoof 1

The opening was a little bland and I was really hoping for interesting visuals or the characters appearing next to their names like before, also the explanation of the geodes and where they came from.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The opening was a little bland and I was really hoping for interesting visuals or the characters appearing next to their names like before, also the explanation of the geodes and where they came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kx8t7vh9j0 change this with mlp characters, and boom, you got an intro thats probably better. make it less about death to, there yah go.

Edited by Izanagi
  • Brohoof 1

The geodes just came out of nowhere and it was obvious by the colours that you knew who was going to end up getting them.

• Brohoof 3

The animation was a huge step back from the first three movies

sig-4691647.1267317__safe_fluttershy_rar

Arm, hand and hip

Also happenend with Sunset Shimmer turning without any animation frames from time to time

i feel like they should turn these into tv shows already. so they wont always have a huge deadline and can work on multiple episodes at once. heck MLP is probably gonna be over in one year.

• Brohoof 1

Personally the quality of this movie feels like it should have come after the first movie, I mean the intro sequence was completely lackluster and felt thrown together. The animation of the bus really unsettled me and I felt detached from the movie just because of that. Moving on to the designs of the "camp counselors", Their design felt like it just didn't belong in this universe. The design of their eyes and bodies felt more like taller versions of littlest pet shop characters. On the bright side WE FINALLY LEFT THE SCHOOL, but the plot felt exactly like every other movie. new powers, villain shows up,  they figure out their powers and band together to defeat the villain, end of story. The introduction of the new love interest felt completely out of place and rushed. The "almost" kiss scene had me saying "NO!" and I was happy to see that interrupted.  ^_^  The music in the movie also felt shorter and less flushed out compared to Ingram's previous work in the the last two EQG movies. Granted a couple of the songs were really good, but they weren't long enough, suffice to say I don't think the soundtrack would be worth it. There are other things here and there that I noticed, but I think I've bashed on it enough  :lol:

• Brohoof 4

My three problems in order of least to greatest:

3. She-Demon. Take three. Tho if they'd gone with an escaped-from-Equestria monster, that'd be a rehash too. Not that Gloriosa wasn't a pretty cool she-demon, and had an entirely different reason/reaction/motivation/etc than the other two so at least it was semi-fresh instead of the EXACT same story again and again...but get some variety guys.

2. Filthy Rich's characterization. - He's actually a pretty sensible, nice guy as a pony. Yeah he likes business but here he was your typical bad kids movie sleezy businessman villain. And he did not have to be. He could have been sad to be closing down the camp "sorry Gloriosa, it's just costing me too much money - I can give you to the end of the month to make up the difference, but if you can't I'll have to close the camp down." Then remove the sleezy tie-fixing-glaring moment at the end and change it to a smile and you've got a businessman with a heart. Which is shy I like Filthy Rich in the tv series. He's not a cookie cutter bland buisnessman villain. He puts a priority on his money but he's not a jerky idiot. He understands that there's life outside of his pocketbooks. (Especially proven in the latest episode of the series which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen.) As long as he doesn't come back though I can ignore the whole fiasco, just like I ignored Flash after movie one (until he became pretty cool this movie).

1. SciTwi. Had. WINGS?! WTF?!?!  :angry: This was really my only true rage point (though Filthy Rich came very, very close). As I said in my comments on the main thread for the movie, I don't really have overall issues with this movie series because the main reason I watch them is to feel a bit happier, and all the movies have accomplished that. But........whyyyyyyyy. I figure it was purely a marketing thing for the sake of toys, but this was a glaring case of that which ruined a huge moment. Plot wise she did not need wings. Characterwise she does not deserve wings at this point in her arc. It was so. Freaking. Stupid.

(But yeah those were basically my only issues. I actually really liked Twi and Spruce and I found him to be quite adorkable. Naturally adorkable, not forced adorkable like Flash - and Flash's arc made him quite a bit more likable for me too.)

• Brohoof 3

What I don't get is if the portal rift thing that is spreading Equestrian magic into their world is above the portal thing to Equestria then how is the magic affecting them at camp? Also, just how old are Timber and Gloriosa? And where were their parents? Just how old are they that they can manage a whole camp by themselves?

• Brohoof 2

• The intro sequence was the least good out of the four movies.

The movie felt a lot like an extended normal episode and it didn't get too interesting until the last 20 minutes (although I have to admit those last 20 minutes were really awesome).

We get it, Spike is a dog, at this point those jokes are getting old are kind of insulting since it seems to be all that defines his character now.

While Sunset and Twilight had great characterization, the rest of the humane 7 were pretty generic and didn't do so much to contribute to the plot.

The only interesting super powers were Sunset's and Rarity's.

Why the hell is Filthy Rich a bad guy here?

• Brohoof 2

What I don't get is if the portal rift thing that is spreading Equestrian magic into their world is above the portal thing to Equestria then how is the magic affecting them at camp? Also, just how old are Timber and Gloriosa? And where were their parents? Just how old are they that they can manage a whole camp by themselves?

I wonder too where the magic that comes from the portal is in Equestria, like in terms of layout. 

• Brohoof 1