Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler things that bother you in Legend of everfree

Izanagi

The animation was a huge step back from the first three movies

sig-4691647.1267317__safe_fluttershy_rar

Arm, hand and hip

Also happenend with Sunset Shimmer turning without any animation frames from time to time

I actually think this pose was adorable..  :adorkable:  In my personal opinion this is the movie with the best animation so far  :-P 

• Brohoof 2

I actually think this pose was adorable..  :adorkable:  In my personal opinion this is the movie with the best animation so far  :-P 

Props go to DHX for having improved so much when it comes to the animation of Equestria Girls. They started off pretty badly given they hadn't done that sort of thing before as evidenced in the first movie, but the sequels continue to raise the bar and I wouldn't be surprised if the three specials go even further.

• Brohoof 2

1. The romance sub-plot between Twilight and Timber is entirely pointless. It adds nothing to the movie. It doesn't develop Twilight's character in any way. It's there for the sake of being a romantic sub-plot.

2. The whole demon form thing is getting old now. Out of four films, three have done it, and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen again in one of the next two films. At least with a character like Chrysalis they waited a while before bringing her back and raising the stakes. Whenever a demon form of a character pops up, it's nothing new. It's exactly the same as before with very little difference.

3. Gloriosa's reasoning for not wanting to shut down the camp down is stupid. She really doesn't want to because of some predictable guy in a suit who wants to turn it into a mall. Speaking of the predictable guy in a suit, why is Filthy Rich so nice and friendly despite being incredibly rich, but in the film,  why is he such a douchebag who wants to build a mall in the middle of nowhere? Aren't the human characters meant to be similar or outright the same as their pony counterparts? Maybe because he's so underdeveloped they couldn't think of what else to do with him. Maybe there's two Filthy Rich's in both universes. One who's nice, and one who wants to build pointless things because he needs more money.

4. Stop reminding us that the characters were evil at some point. It's been done with Starlight in Season 6, several times with Discord throughout the series, and with Twilight and Sunset in the films. Just say it once in a throwaway line, not six times in every movie since Rainbow Rocks and making it incredibly unsubtle.

5. Gaia Everfree doesn't show up until about twenty minutes into the film. The Dazzlings were established in the first two minutes of the second film, Sunset was established seven minutes into the first film and Principal Cinch was established around the ten to fifteen minute mark in the third film. Everything before Gaia's introduction is bland, cringeworthy filler. And not only that, Gaia isn't even the real antagonist. It's a mystery box of which of the camp leaders is the villain. It's not Timber, because he keeps getting caught doing suspicious things. They try to mislead you into thinking Timber's the villain, and although it's got a good dilemma for Sunset to try and tell Twilight her suspicions, but it boils down to either Gloriosa or Timber, and since they play up Timber as the bad guy, I guessed Gloriosa, and hey, I'm right. No shock there.

6. Why are the human Main 7 given superpowers now? It's a stupid idea, and I want Equestria Girls to be different from the show. Now the characters can talk to animals, run super fast, have super strength, can make shields, have exploding balloons and read people's minds. Why is it making the characters more like the show counterparts with this change, and why was it done in the first place? Urgh.

• Brohoof 5

1. The romance sub-plot between Twilight and Timber is entirely pointless. It adds nothing to the movie. It doesn't develop Twilight's character in any way. It's there for the sake of being a romantic sub-plot.

2. The whole demon form thing is getting old now. Out of four films, three have done it, and I can guarantee you that it's going to happen again in one of the next two films. At least with a character like Chrysalis they waited a while before bringing her back and raising the stakes. Whenever a demon form of a character pops up, it's nothing new. It's exactly the same as before with very little difference.

3. Gloriosa's reasoning for not wanting to shut down the camp down is stupid. She really doesn't want to because of some predictable guy in a suit who wants to turn it into a mall. Speaking of the predictable guy in a suit, why is Filthy Rich so nice and friendly despite being incredibly rich, but in the film,  why is he such a douchebag who wants to build a mall in the middle of nowhere? Aren't the human characters meant to be similar or outright the same as their pony counterparts? Maybe because he's so underdeveloped they couldn't think of what else to do with him. Maybe there's two Filthy Rich's in both universes. One who's nice, and one who wants to build pointless things because he needs more money.

4. Stop reminding us that the characters were evil at some point. It's been done with Starlight in Season 6, several times with Discord throughout the series, and with Twilight and Sunset in the films. Just say it once in a throwaway line, not six times in every movie since Rainbow Rocks and making it incredibly unsubtle.

5. Gaia Everfree doesn't show up until about twenty minutes into the film. The Dazzlings were established in the first two minutes of the second film, Sunset was established seven minutes into the first film and Principal Cinch was established around the ten to fifteen minute mark in the third film. Everything before Gaia's introduction is bland, cringeworthy filler. And not only that, Gaia isn't even the real antagonist. It's a mystery box of which of the camp leaders is the villain. It's not Timber, because he keeps getting caught doing suspicious things. They try to mislead you into thinking Timber's the villain, and although it's got a good dilemma for Sunset to try and tell Twilight her suspicions, but it boils down to either Gloriosa or Timber, and since they play up Timber as the bad guy, I guessed Gloriosa, and hey, I'm right. No shock there.

6. Why are the human Main 7 given superpowers now? It's a stupid idea, and I want Equestria Girls to be different from the show. Now the characters can talk to animals, run super fast, have super strength, can make shields, have exploding balloons and read people's minds. Why is it making the characters more like the show counterparts with this change, and why was it done in the first place? Urgh.

another thing to add that many have said here before; Why is Sci-Twi an alicorn, she didnt do anything to earn the right. 

• Brohoof 1

Mainly the magic in it bothers me. The gems Gloriosa used seemed to resemble the Elements of Harmony from Equestria, but there was one for Sunset as well despite the fact there are only six Elements in the main series. (Although in my headcanon Sunset is indeed the seventh, but I digress)

Aside from this, the powers the Humane Seven developed seemed a bit random in some cases. Rarity can't create shields in Equestria, so why can she do it here? AJ doesn't have super strength in Equestria, nor can Pinkie Pie make confectionery explode like a frag grenade. I also highly doubt Sunset could read minds in Equestria since she seems confused about it at first.

With every new entry, the magic in this series seems to more and more insane. FG was the only manifestation of it that made any kind of sense because their magic is tied to their Elements, and Twilight could open portals because she absorbed the magic from the portal. I was hoping it would stay consistent this time, but sadly that doesn't seem to have been the case.

On a less plot-related and more shipping-related note, Flash hitting on Sunset annoys me. I don't want anyone to get in the way of SunLight, even though that ship is damned by the target demographic.

• Brohoof 1

Mainly the magic in it bothers me. The gems Gloriosa used seemed to resemble the Elements of Harmony from Equestria, but there was one for Sunset as well despite the fact there are only six Elements in the main series. (Although in my headcanon Sunset is indeed the seventh, but I digress)

Aside from this, the powers the Humane Seven developed seemed a bit random in some cases. Rarity can't create shields in Equestria, so why can she do it here? AJ doesn't have super strength in Equestria, nor can Pinkie Pie make confectionery explode like a frag grenade. I also highly doubt Sunset could read minds in Equestria since she seems confused about it at first.

With every new entry, the magic in this series seems to more and more insane. FG was the only manifestation of it that made any kind of sense because their magic is tied to their Elements, and Twilight could open portals because she absorbed the magic from the portal. I was hoping it would stay consistent this time, but sadly that doesn't seem to have been the case.

On a less plot-related and more shipping-related note, Flash hitting on Sunset annoys me. I don't want anyone to get in the way of SunLight, even though that ship is damned by the target demographic.

i woud like a lesbian relationship, i also find it..incredibly annoying that flash hits on sunset. it kinda feels like no one EVER tells the dude "oh, if you wanna see twilight, just..go through the portal" or something. not like he'd be arrested, twilight doesn't have guards.

i woud like a lesbian relationship, i also find it..incredibly annoying that flash hits on sunset. it kinda feels like no one EVER tells the dude "oh, if you wanna see twilight, just..go through the portal" or something. not like he'd be arrested, twilight doesn't have guards.

If anything I'd want him to end up with SciTwi or another girl in the human world. Princess Twilight and Sunset should be together IMO, but it doesn't seem likely that it's going to happen.

If anything I'd want him to end up with SciTwi or another girl in the human world. Princess Twilight and Sunset should be together IMO, but it doesn't seem likely that it's going to happen.

well, Sci-twi is clearly just..not intereted. and i'm not surprised, since he believes shes the same twi hes way to foward..though if i had a choice i would just erase flash and timber. both are just..belhhfe...

• Brohoof 1

What bothers me the most is the fact that it was not made clearer that Gloriosa and Timber are orphans.

I think it would have been important for the characters. 

Especially Gloriosa’s behavior would be more understandable, because her hard working-attitude could have been her way to deal with the lost of her parents and her new responsibilities as the camp director. But now she seems simply to stubborn to ask for help…at least for most people.

I mean, there are hints in the movie, but it is not made clear enough.

I dunno. 'Dead parents' doesn't exactly scream 'lighthearted cartoon plot'.

The geodes that Gloriosa found were so obvious due to their colour scheme. Also, isn't it convenient that she used the ones that would wind up in the hands of the girls except Sunset and Twilight when she first started using them?

• Brohoof 1

The realization that Sunset will never get with our favourite book horse makes me a sad panda. 

• Brohoof 1

Right. I never did have a good memory.

hehe, though it does prove that things die, just like how flurry heart and the cake twins prove that they do indeed mate. Who wouda guessed XD

• 4 weeks later...

I only have four things to Criticize.

1) Filthy Rich: Already mentioned, should not be evil

2) Quality: Honestly the whole thing was not that great. I did not like it as much as I do the other three, let alone the one I liked the least before this one came out. It feels like the writers had something good planned but the greed of those in charge said "Hurry" and the whole thing was rushed.

3) Flash... Okay... a lot to talk about here. I ain't really one of those who ship... so I'm only going to gloss over Timber by saying his name once. However I do think his corny one-liners were a good idea - it's still a show for children; children don't understand the more sophisticated flirting and the science with all the "signals". One-liners is just what they had to settle with so the young-uns aren't left in the dark with the romance.

Now about Flash. In the first film he was a love interest; the second, the weirdo who stopped liking her; the third... well... comic relief.... He left Sunset for unknown reasons, when Twilight came he was in the right place at the right time - he HAD some sort of character, he was not just some background guy, he was not just another weird teen in highschool. When he tried to flirt with Sunset... He was just another pretty face trying to get some, just another background guy. He had potential as a character, now they turned him into exactly what Fan Fiction makes him out to be.

4) Boobs: ... you said ANYTHING that bothers you...( http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/1/10/Applejack_wants_to_keep_her_bohochic_outfit_EG4.png/revision/latest?cb=20161031040301) Okay, so maybe I'm not a girl - but I'm very sure that Applejack's could have been a little more detailed. Let me explain. That shirt she wore for the mini fashion show had a small gap on the chest area - again, I don't think I would know  but shouldn't that are be right in between. My point is there should have been a line to give detail to the fact that that is where they separate. I mean, I know it's a kids show, but later when they were all on the ground (no screenshot) there was more detail on them than I would consider "TV-Y7"

(Okay, so I'm posting a month later than the latest post, I just watched the movie yesterday, I'm starting to become a busier person than usual)

• Brohoof 1

I'm just noticing how they took the plot where someone who isn't the mane 7 uses some form of the elements of harmony and becomes evil. Like when Sunset used Twilight's crown and became a demon in the first one. But there is one thing I'm still curious about...where is human Sunset Shimmer? We know that the one hanging out with the mane 6 is from the pony world but where is her human counterpart? 

• Brohoof 1

The fact is a repeat of EqG 3? but in a different setting...yeh that pretty much it.  The villain is awesome though, could been better if she is a real bad to core villain. AND don't get me started with Sci Twilight...

Edited by satrox
  • Brohoof 1

Do I have any new things that bother me about this movie after watching it roughly forty times--and I have--now? The answer to that would be a yes but it's a minor nitpick. I was hoping for Trixie, Bulk Biceps, Snips, and Snails to have more lines instead of what they ended up getting.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just noticing how they took the plot where someone who isn't the mane 7 uses some form of the elements of harmony and becomes evil. Like when Sunset used Twilight's crown and became a demon in the first one. But there is one thing I'm still curious about...where is human Sunset Shimmer? We know that the one hanging out with the mane 6 is from the pony world but where is her human counterpart? 

I barely have to think for this one. There is no "Other Sunset"

Some things are just different in this universe, it's not a perfect mirror copy if they were humans. (HA! Mirror Copy! Get it!?) Sci-Twi goes to a different school, the crusaders may have a different reason for being friends, Filthy Rich is evil, a castle guard is reduced to a high-school-aged student. Not everyone gets a mirror copy of themselves, there were no human world Sirens, no sign of Sombra (I'd like to see them explain that one. Magic existing a thousand years before that school.) No discord, unless you count the plushie, no changelings, no ursa major/minors (Coming to life, I mean). No princesses, just being a high rank in a school does not mean anything - there are other schools, saying the four of their ranks were turned into school ranks would be saying that there are a lot more princesses in Equestria. I don't mean the one or two more like Chrysalis and the other ones from certain episodes (I think it was the episode where spike went back to the crystal empire) - I mean "a lot" as in double that of how many is in Adventure Time and maybe you're close.