Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv [SPOILER]"The Avengers" Movie Offensive?

Tyger

Rule #1 of Offense: No matter what it is, someone is going to find a reason to get offended.

Rule #2 of Offense: As the number of human rights the offensive material violates approaches zero, so do rapidly the number of people who give a buck.

FYI: My friend is adopted. And he thought that was the best line in the movie.

...for real?

THE SOCCER MOMS ARE ON THE LOOSE. THEIR FLEET OF MINIVANS ARE COMING. RUN FOR YOUR LAAAAAIVES.

Some people just really need to chill, really. Its pretty darn obvious that they didn't intend for that line to be offensive. Well... to me anyway. Maybe there are just some people who don't get it.

This reminds me of another uproar some years back over Speedy Gonzales being a negative stereotype against Mexicans. Turns out that most of the folks who were complaining were... yep, you guessed it... white. When actual Mexicans were interviewed/questioned on the subject, most of them love Speedy and think he's a comical/funny character.

People will complain about ANYTHING. Hell, look at all the flack/labels bronies get on a regular basis.

(edited)

Again, Thor was simply making the comparison that adoptees tend to be different in personality than their adoptive parents, which I know is true for me. In no way was it saying "being adopted is bad"

Edited by Synic

Oh, come on! People are too dang sensitive nowadays.

It's not like he said "He's adopted, that's why he's so messed up lolololol"

It was stating a fact! I point at my friend and say "She's adopted!" and all of a sudden it's offensive? lol I don't understand people

• Brohoof 1