Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How MLP has Changed

sweetshadow52

Have you seen G1 ponies? They are particularly plump. G2? Skinny and a bit too horse-like. G3? Heck, they look like they were squished together with a photo editor. And finally: G4- just right; as Goldilocks would call it. LOL! :orly:  :P  :proud:  :pinkie:  :fluttershy:  :fluttershy: :ninja:  :ph34r:  

Have you seen G1 ponies? They are particularly plump. G2? Skinny and a bit too horse-like. G3? Heck, they look like they were squished together with a photo editor. And finally: G4- just right; as Goldilocks would call it. LOL! :orly:  :P  :proud:  :pinkie:  :fluttershy:  :fluttershy: :ninja:  :ph34r:  

Um... "too horse-like"? Well, I mean they are supposed to be ponies... Come on, now.

I don't know what all you're using to make your judgements, seeing as you mention G2, I assume you're speaking of toys...? If you look closer back at G1, you can't claim that they're all "plump", speaking from both a toy and animation perspective.

The artstyle in the original special Escape from Midnight Castle looks like this:

tumblr_mq1pekAq8I1stohs9o1_500.jpg

And not all of the toys are very plump, either:

Body-ponybride.jpg

I can definitely see the change, however, everything changes with time, as tastes and art styles evolve. 

I mean, MLP has been around since the 80's. :P

• Brohoof 1

G2? Skinny and a bit too horse-like.

Holy crap! Are you serious??? They made the ponies horse-like??? What were they smoking?

sig-4692919.tumblr_mq1pekAq8I1stohs9o1_5

Looks to me like Medley is about to meet an unfortunate fate at the business end of Twilight.

Now we all know why G1 ended the way it did.

Have you ever seen a real pony @sweetshadow52? They're short, stocky, chunky little animals. You might be amazed to find out that they have muzzles to eat with instead of Bird beaks, angular heads, large ribcages to house big lungs and a heart so they can run away from predators and muscles so they can teach kids how to ride and pull carts.

Envy is correct however, aside from the Bride pose, there is also the Flutter Ponies, Sweetheart Sisters and Dream Beauties, who are more akin to Fantasy Barbie horses in size and proportions, and are made of hard plastic. G1 ponies are very cute and beautiful, they're also still popular and have become the collector's item.

G2 being too horse like? Oh no! How Dare they make a toy animal look like the one its based off of? I mean no one has Ever done that before! Except you know, almost every toy maker in existence. G2s are second closest in proportion to G4s, having strange noodly legs and odd small muzzles.

G3 is actually a very attractive mold, slimmer and shorter then the G1s, but similar enough to get alot of original collectors buying because, "They reminded us of our beloved childhood toys." Whatever you may think of the show, the toys Were and still Are, very popular with collectors and kids.

G3.5 are the closet cousins to G4. Having short bodies, noodly, bell-bottom legs, large, round, chibi heads, small muzzles and eyes waaay to big for their faces. Just like G4. In fact I hardly see the difference between the two generations.

Edited by Leave a Whisper