Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 7 set to debut in Spring of 2017!

Chuckles4lyfe

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/10/mlp-season-7-in-spring-nycc-interview.html#more

Check the link above for proof. According to the interview conducted by Equestria Daily, season 7 will air in the Spring of 2017. I recall Season 5 & 6 airing in Spring 2015 and 2016 respectively, so it looks like this will be the norm for the release of subsequent seasons.

I for one am very excited to hear this news. I predict S7 will premiere sometime in April or May, so we only have to wait ~5-6 months :pinkie:. 2017 looks to be a very busy and productive year for the franchise with S7, the 3 EQG specials, and the movie coming out in October. Here's looking forward to seeing what the future has in store for our favorite group of heroines  :wub:.

• Brohoof 12

i am glad the show is still going, season 6 has been hitting and mising (Still great though) and Eqg..well, i want them to remove the love crap they have in, but i'm glad it'l keep going :D

• Brohoof 1

a  movie

new season 

3 specials 

comic and toy line

Yeah its gonna be constant content.

2017... The Year of My Little Pony.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 7

It honestly makes sense for it to be in the spring, since the movie's in the fall: You do NOT want a series finale anywhere near the movie's release to avoid stealing the movie's thunder in anticipation, yeah? (On that note, that's one reason I suspect that S7 will be a half season, just to last until about june or so to tide us over until the teasers for the movie take over in building hype)

• Brohoof 3

Understandable, but worrisome. It means DHX have a tighter schedule for making season 7. It never is a good thing. While season 6 wasn't bad (unless you really hate Starlight or love Rainbow Dash... I'm sorry for you), it wasn't as good as it could've been. The hiatus between seasons 5 and 6 might've been short, but it might've also hurt the quality of the show.

Understandable, but worrisome. It means DHX have a tighter schedule for making season 7. It never is a good thing. While season 6 wasn't bad (unless you really hate Starlight or love Rainbow Dash... I'm sorry for you), it wasn't as good as it could've been. The hiatus between seasons 5 and 6 might've been short, but it might've also hurt the quality of the show.

I dunno, some people might say the new staff might have hurt the quality.

Edited by heavens-champion

I hope M.A Larson will comeback, he didnt write for season 4 & 6, i guess he will comeback in 7 (3 , 5 , 7  :orly: ). If season 7 is written  by best people include Nick Confalone, M.A Larson and Mike Vogel, my wet dream will come true...

Sure hope McCarthy comes back after the movie. The newbies need some help.

Same here. The Season 6 finale is the final nail in the coffin for me with how the Princesses have been shown to be useless against large threats like Chrysalis' return because she had some sort of plot device or Power Nullifying object that easily took the Princesses out of action within the second act of the first part of the two-part episode.

When Meghan gets back on the staff after the movie, I had better see an episode focused on the Princesses where they finally get their moment to shine and not be the victims again...

Same here. The Season 6 finale is the final nail in the coffin for me with how the Princesses have been shown to be useless against large threats like Chrysalis' return because she had some sort of plot device or Power Nullifying object that easily took the Princesses out of action within the second act of the first part of the two-part episode.

When Meghan gets back on the staff after the movie, I had better see an episode focused on the Princesses where they finally get their moment to shine and not be the victims again...

You're quite the fair weather fan. I agree the princesses need more time to shine, but you should know other areas have been done well to right? Luna has had plenty of episodes, whereas Celestia has had nothing.

Luna has had several episodes where she got to shine, and of course she played an integral supporting role when she interacted with each of the CMC. Cadance has been underused because we don't see the Crystal Empire that often, so perhaps she needs some attention. Celestia desperately needs her own episode and I don't mean it because fans want it. She has become more of an enigma as the seasons have gone by wheras Luna has become more open with her character.

The comics--when they need to--portray Celestia in terms of her personality more than the show does. Perhaps the writers could get some inspiration from the comics?

• Brohoof 1

Not spoiling anything, but Tob Bolt completely redeemed RD's character this season. If every past episode of her had her written the way she was written here, like 98% of the complaints she usually gets would be non-existent.

• Brohoof 1

I had a feeling it would arrive in the spring as the last two seasons have. Plus it would lead to around the release of the movie. I expect it to be somewhere between March and May. Although with the movie and the EQG specials also being released that year, I wouldn't be surprised if season 7 was another 13 episode season.

I had a feeling it would arrive in the spring as the last two seasons have. Plus it would lead to around the release of the movie. I expect it to be somewhere between March and May. Although with the movie and the EQG specials also being released that year, I wouldn't be surprised if season 7 was another 13 episode season.

Like Season 3? We all know how well received that one was.

We got 26 episodes pretty fast in season 6 when march started. I think its another 26 episodes.

You're quite the fair weather fan. I agree the princesses need more time to shine, but you should know other areas have been done well to right? Luna has had plenty of episodes, whereas Celestia has had nothing.

What areas are you referring to in particular? Also, appreciate the support regarding the Princesses. Celestia really needs some love in the show and not be screwed over so often when it comes to villains.