Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 7 set to debut in Spring of 2017!

Chuckles4lyfe

What areas are you referring to in particular? Also, appreciate the support regarding the Princesses. Celestia really needs some love in the show and not be screwed over so often when it comes to villains.

This finale took a risk that I think worked... No mane 6, no elements or some friendship weapon. Look at all the development Trixie, Discord, Thorax and Chrysalis all got in one episode.

This finale took a risk that I think worked... No mane 6, no elements or some friendship weapon. Look at all the development Trixie, Discord, Thorax and Chrysalis all got in one episode.

True. They took a big gamble with putting the Elements of Harmony and Royal Family out of commission early on to allow some of the reformed villains to have a chance to shine, and while the end result made it so the former villains got a lot of character growth, still does not make me feel better with how rushed getting everyone captured and liberated went.

Luna has had several episodes where she got to shine, and of course she played an integral supporting role when she interacted with each of the CMC. Cadance has been underused because we don't see the Crystal Empire that often, so perhaps she needs some attention. Celestia desperately needs her own episode and I don't mean it because fans want it. She has become more of an enigma as the seasons have gone by wheras Luna has become more open with her character.

The comics--when they need to--portray Celestia in terms of her personality more than the show does. Perhaps the writers could get some inspiration from the comics?

Inspiration from the comics? Sounds like a good idea to me. Same for a Celestia-centered episode as well as one focusing on Cadance as well.

Luna has had several episodes where she got to shine, and of course she played an integral supporting role when she interacted with each of the CMC. Cadance has been underused because we don't see the Crystal Empire that often, so perhaps she needs some attention. Celestia desperately needs her own episode and I don't mean it because fans want it. She has become more of an enigma as the seasons have gone by wheras Luna has become more open with her character.

The comics--when they need to--portray Celestia in terms of her personality more than the show does. Perhaps the writers could get some inspiration from the comics?

agreed about the comics; say what you will about the quality of certain arcs, they CARE about celestia and try to make sure she gets her due; I especially like her Micro comic and her comic alongside spike.

When they try and focus on her TEACHER aspect, she really shines. This is something that I think they were doing well in S2 when they had ALL Of the mane six write letters to her about what they learned: not only did it work well to show the others growing as well (while also spreading around focus more evenly), but it also gave the potential to make CELESTIA shine more, in that they could have had her give out advice to each of the six if they wanted to for how they could grow, much like when she and fluttershy interacted in A bird in the hoof and in Keep calm and flutter on.

If they'd kept a focus on her mentoring all of the six it really could have let them show more intricasies to her character, like how in her spike/Celestia comic it shined due to showing her mentoring spike.

I hope M.A Larson will comeback, he didnt write for season 4 & 6, i guess he will comeback in 7 (3 , 5 , 7  :orly: ). If season 7 is written  by best people include Nick Confalone, M.A Larson and Mike Vogel, my wet dream will come true...

I wouldn't put down S7 myself; they would have started work on S7 a while ago since its coming out this spring, and he still had pennyroyal academy to promote not too long ago.

Season 8 I would think so (since he hinted that he might be coming back in the future) if it happens, but I think S7 is still too soon due to his book IMO.

Sure hope McCarthy comes back after the movie. The newbies need some help.

not going to put much stock in that honestly, due to how much responsibility Meghan has; she's the head of ALL girl's shows right now, so I don't think she'll have time to be working on FIM as head writer or anything like that.

not going to put much stock in that honestly, due to how much responsibility Meghan has; she's the head of ALL girl's shows right now, so I don't think she'll have time to be working on FIM as head writer or anything like that.

Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

Inspiration from the comics? Sounds like a good idea to me. Same for a Celestia-centered episode as well as one focusing on Cadance as well.

agreed about the comics; say what you will about the quality of certain arcs, they CARE about celestia and try to make sure she gets her due; I especially like her Micro comic and her comic alongside spike.

When they try and focus on her TEACHER aspect, she really shines. This is something that I think they were doing well in S2 when they had ALL Of the mane six write letters to her about what they learned: not only did it work well to show the others growing as well (while also spreading around focus more evenly), but it also gave the potential to make CELESTIA shine more, in that they could have had her give out advice to each of the six if they wanted to for how they could grow, much like when she and fluttershy interacted in A bird in the hoof and in Keep calm and flutter on.

If they'd kept a focus on her mentoring all of the six it really could have let them show more intricasies to her character, like how in her spike/Celestia comic it shined due to showing her mentoring spike.

The Celestia micro and the Luna micro are good examples. In the first one, we see Celestia--without Twilight--handle a situation that involved one of her oldest friends at her school. The writing showed how she could hold her own in a situation that didn't revolve around the fate of Equestria or having to guide Twilight along. In the latter, Celestia is depicted as having a playful side mixed in with a selfish side who wanted to treat herself, but circumstances prevent her due to royal duties.

I'd also say the Friends Forever issues where she teamed up with Spike and Pinkie Pie respectively portrayed her in the correct fashion. With Spike, Celestia got to experience going on an adventure and handling problems that she couldn't use diplomacy or her status as princess to resolve. With Pinkie, she got to share her guidance with Pinkie but on a different level.

• Brohoof 1

The Celestia micro and the Luna micro are good examples. In the first one, we see Celestia--without Twilight--handle a situation that involved one of her oldest friends at her school. The writing showed how she could hold her own in a situation that didn't revolve around the fate of Equestria or having to guide Twilight along. In the latter, Celestia is depicted as having a playful side mixed in with a selfish side who wanted to treat herself, but circumstances prevent her due to royal duties.

I'd also say the Friends Forever issues where she teamed up with Spike and Pinkie Pie respectively portrayed her in the correct fashion. With Spike, Celestia got to experience going on an adventure and handling problems that she couldn't use diplomacy or her status as princess to resolve. With Pinkie, she got to share her guidance with Pinkie but on a different level.

Yeah, exactly. If Haber and the other writers can take some inspiration from the comics between now and Meghan coming back after the movie, hopefully, Celestia would finally be able to stand out more in the show and not be made the villain's captive so much in the premieres/finales, especially Season 6 alongside Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Twilight, Flurry Heart, and the Elements.

Yeah, exactly. If Haber and the other writers can take some inspiration from the comics between now and Meghan coming back after the movie, hopefully, Celestia would finally be able to stand out more in the show and not be made the villain's captive so much in the premieres/finales, especially Season 6 alongside Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, Twilight, Flurry Heart, and the Elements.

Of course, there is always one drawback. A large part of the fandom don't like the comics and see them these days as not being the best representation of MLP. I like a lot of them--I own a lot via online purchases--yet you have those who feel that the comics should stay as far away from the show as possible.

Of course, there is always one drawback. A large part of the fandom don't like the comics and see them these days as not being the best representation of MLP. I like a lot of them--I own a lot via online purchases--yet you have those who feel that the comics should stay as far away from the show as possible.

While the IDW comics have their issues, even most of the detractors usually will agree that the celestia micro was pretty good and accept that celestia is usually given more attention than the show does.

So that's not specifically what causes people to have issues with the comics. (apart from celestia's depiction in reflections)

Speaking of which, many compare To Where and Back Again, to the first arc in the comics, The Return of Queen Chrysalis, due to this being the official return of Chrysalis and her Swarm in the show, not counting their alternate future in The Cutie Re-Mark, and it is basically Chrysalis seeking revenge for the events of A Canterlot Wedding by kidnapping the entire Royal Family and Elements of Harmony this time around so the love for them from everypony in Equestria will allow her to take over in relatively short order. The comics had her kidnap just the Crusaders, forcing the Mane Six to set out to rescue them in order for Chrysalis to try and turn Twilight to the Dark Side.

While the IDW comics have their issues, even most of the detractors usually will agree that the celestia micro was pretty good and accept that celestia is usually given more attention than the show does.

So that's not specifically what causes people to have issues with the comics. (apart from celestia's depiction in reflections)

I actually liked the Reflections story arc. Sure it might not have been to everyone's liking and obviously had flaws, but I found it an intriguing read that took MLP in a direction that usually isn't covered. The Celestia micro was my first MLP comic so it has a special place in my heart alongside how Celestia was handled so well.

Speaking of which, many compare To Where and Back Again, to the first arc in the comics, The Return of Queen Chrysalis, due to this being the official return of Chrysalis and her Swarm in the show, not counting their alternate future in The Cutie Re-Mark, and it is basically Chrysalis seeking revenge for the events of A Canterlot Wedding by kidnapping the entire Royal Family and Elements of Harmony this time around so the love for them from everypony in Equestria will allow her to take over in relatively short order. The comics had her kidnap just the Crusaders, forcing the Mane Six to set out to rescue them in order for Chrysalis to try and turn Twilight to the Dark Side.

Perhaps the season six finale was inspired by the first story arc. I mentioned over on EQD that this was the first time we had seen the Changeling Kingdom and Chrysalis' castle since it was never brought up in previous episodes. I also mentioned that the show got influenced by the comics for a change as usually its the other way. Equestria Girls is starting to influence the show as well through baby steps.

I actually liked the Reflections story arc. Sure it might not have been to everyone's liking and obviously had flaws, but I found it an intriguing read that took MLP in a direction that usually isn't covered. The Celestia micro was my first MLP comic so it has a special place in my heart alongside how Celestia was handled so well.

Perhaps the season six finale was inspired by the first story arc. I mentioned over on EQD that this was the first time we had seen the Changeling Kingdom and Chrysalis' castle since it was never brought up in previous episodes. I also mentioned that the show got influenced by the comics for a change as usually its the other way. Equestria Girls is starting to influence the show as well through baby steps.

Yeah, I enjoyed Celestia's micro as well, and it will have a special place in my heart too.

Wonder what Season 7 will bring us when it debuts this Spring...

Edited by Sonic5421

Yeah, I enjoyed Celestia's micro as well, and it will have a special place in my heart too.

Wonder what Season 7 will bring us when it debuts this Spring...

I want to see Scorpan in some way.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I would enjoy seeing Scorpan as well in a future episode.

All we know about him is the backstory from Twilight's Kingdom and his appearance in the Tirek issue of Fiendship is Magic. I also want to have some more lore from Star Swirl the Bearded. He hasn't become much of a presence lately and his accomplishments were a cornerstone during the first few seasons.

All we know about him is the backstory from Twilight's Kingdom and his appearance in the Tirek issue of Fiendship is Magic. I also want to have some more lore from Star Swirl the Bearded. He hasn't become much of a presence lately and his accomplishments were a cornerstone during the first few seasons.

Yeah, maybe Meghan will consider those ideas when she returns to the team once the movie's done. Using those ideas would really be impressive.

Yeah, maybe Meghan will consider those ideas when she returns to the team once the movie's done. Using those ideas would really be impressive.

If she comes back, she would have to implement her ideas into season eight.

Good point. With Season 7 already done, it will have to be implemented next season.

Big Jim Miller said they were in production of season seven. We're not sure how far along they've gotten.

Big Jim Miller said they were in production of season seven. We're not sure how far along they've gotten.

My bad then. Either way, let's hope they have a good chunk of it done by the expected Spring debut, especially the first half of it.

My bad then. Either way, let's hope they have a good chunk of it done by the expected Spring debut, especially the first half of it.

We'll know more in the coming months.