Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Exiled and Alone (1x1 with Roxy Sparx)

Shadow Dancer

Crystal sighs "I..never mind, it's stupid" she says and kisses his cheek "I'll be back in bed if you want to talk" she says ass he starts trotting back to the bed, sighing once more, she curls up and falls into a restless sleep. She tosses and turns in her sleep, dreaming of being torn between two stallions, one being Shade, her long lost love and the other, being Indicus.

A few moments after Crystal left Indicus went to check on her. He found her tossing and turning, not knowing exactly what to do he resorted to putting a hoof on the Queen's shoulder and whispered, "Hey it's alright your safe Crystal your safe." Indicus continued to do this hoping to calm the changeling queen down.

She does soon calm down but she was sobbing in her sleep "I c-can't choose" she says softly, "I c-can't choose between the t-two of you" she says, rolling over to show that holes were starting to appear through out her body, if she didn't feed on love and if her dreams weren't fully calmed, she could turn out like Chrysalis in no time.

Indicus looked at Crystal with worry he knew the holes shown she was getting love starved something Shaded told him about the condition, a love starved changeling was prone to do anything to gain love, and usually by force. Problem was how he would go about giving enough love quickly enough.

Indicus sighed not liking the idea but he would not let her suffer. Indicus focused hard on his love for Dusk Flower, and held on to it, trying to keep her death out of his mind. "I hope this works."

As Crystal unconsciously fed off of he love that Indicus was freely feeding her, the holes started to heal up, and her sleep became more peaceful. How-ever, she was still in troubled dreams, She was beginning to fall for Indicus, but was still in love with Shade and was worried that Indicus still held onto Dusk Flower.

A few minutes later, her breathing slows down to a normal pace and all her holes were all healed up as she had made a decision to tell Indicus how she felt when she woke up. 

Indicus was relieved to see Crystal okay, the holes gone. Indicus noticed his heavy breathing and felt a bit drained the intense amount of love given having a mild magical exhaustion effect. But enough to tire him out after today's event's. Indicus rested on the floor next to the bed.

A few hours later, Crystal woke up from her sleep with a stretch and a yawn. She notices Indicus sleeping on the floor, she uses her magic to gently lift him up into his bed and tucks him in, she then kisses his cheek "thank you Indicus" she says softly as she goes out to the garden and lies down, sighing softly as she rested in the night sky.

Some hours later, Indicus wakes up finding himself on his bed. "She must have woke up and placed me here." Indicus muttered, as he got up to see where Crystal was. A few moments of searching and Indicus found the Queen laying in the garden looking at the night sky. "Hello Crystal, how are you?"

She smiles at him "Hello Indicus, I felt your love healing me up during the night, thank you" she says but then sighs "I was dreaming of him and..." she looks at him once more "and of you" she says, motioning him to sit next to her and when he does she sighs once more "I still love Shade but at the same time, I'm beginning to fall for well..you."

Indicus sighed he was never good with relationships. Hell he never looked for one it just kind of happened developing from his closeness to Dusk during their service. Now this he did not know his feelings on the matter in fact he was not even aware there was a matter till now.

"I'm the worst when it comes to matters of the heart. I can kill a stallion in several different ways, carry out a assassination, and walk in and out of a base undetected." Indicus rubbed his head for a moment. "I could give 'us' a chance if that's what you want? As for Shaded I don't know what to tell you."

She smiles up at him "Well..I don't want to force you into it, it's not like me" she says softly and smiles at him "we've got plenty of time to discover ourselves" she says and yawns with a stretch "What you got to eat? I'm starving" she says with a soft smile and gets up

Indicus smiled, "Got some leftover salad or some sandwhich meat from a manticore I killed not too long ago if that is more your taste. May have a few other vegetarian meals around here. Really just find something and take it don't worry about asking."

She smiles and nods as she goes to the kitchen, she makes herself a sandwich and munches on it happily. She looks at him with a small smile "So how was it? Working with Shade? Still the same old hardhead that he was when I knew him?" she asks and laughs a little "He did have a soft spot though, which is why I loved him so much"

Yea and I was just as hard-headed as he was. We both eventually got to lead our own fireteams and working together was quite interesting, we were known to tell the CO to kindly fuck off at times though it was easier because he was a asshole. We almost got court-martial for that but having just finished a difficult mission without losing anyone helped keep them off us." Indicus smiled, "Those were interesting times, killing raiders, attacking wildlife, even a short skirmish with the Griffin Empire. We saved each other many times."

Crystal chuckles "I can imagine" she says with a soft giggle as she begins to eat her food "He never really liked taking orders from anypony who thought they were higher above the citizens, that was one of his qualities. Despite his station and despite him being with me, he refused to believe he was above the citizens. More often than not, he'd go out and mingle with them on his off duty days."

"Yea he believed in his oath to the people alright it's what made him a hell of a soldier and apparently a good guard as well." Indicus went back into his thoughts lining up each part of his own life one by one. "Shaded was and I'd argue still is not as jaded as me though looking at the world when you are contract hired would make life seem like it means little."

Crystal nods and looks up at the sky once more "A mare I once knew, said that when a pony dies, their spirits become the stars in the night skies" she says and smiles "I'd like to think that all my hivelings and my mother are up there, watching over me." she finishes and rests her head on her forehooves as she lays down.

(edited)

"That's a nice thing to think about, certainly better then the idea that we die and that's it." Though I guess I'll see what the afterlife is like when I am killed or find out that I can die of old age. Till then I do what I can to survive, live with the blood I've spilled and remember those I've lost."

Edited by Shadow Dancer

She nods "We have all done things we regret in the long run" she says as she continues to eat "But you mustn't let it consume you, or it could end badly for you, I should know, sending Shade away nearly ended badly for me, but I remembered I did it for his safety and it saved me"

(edited)

"I know." Indicus sighed "Living with the blood I've spilled is easy, i'm so used to killing that it can't phase me. It's not normal for most but teetering on the edge of life and death excites a part of me, my inner demon so to speak. Once I lost my parents I lost fear of death and so I sought it. When I fell for Dusk I regained that fear never wanting to be separated from her. Then I lost the fear once more and sought after it."

Indicus sat beside the bed "When I left my place in the guild I did it because I figured there was no target I could go against that would manage to kill me, so I moved here. Perhaps I will move once more do mercenary work testing myself till an opponent can manage to kill me, even if it takes hundreds or thousands of years."

Indicus sighed, "It's an odd to know that the ultimate enemy and ally can not take my life, I found out five years ago when I was forty five, at one point I looked in a mirror, I noticed I still looked twenty five no grey hairs no signs of fatigue, nothing indicating that I aged a day. I got test to see why and the doctors were astounded. They said my magic was preserving my body locking it at its prime they also found an oddity with my blood and DNA something they said they never seen before, they asked who my parents were and I told them I was an orphan adopted on my first year. I left knowing I was never able to die till an outside source would take my life, honestly it scares me as much as it amazes me." 

Indicus shook his head, "Sorry lost myself in ramble, never did really address what was said did I? Well I'm not concerned about my regrets consuming me but rather myself doing the same. I'm worried that one day my control will snap and I will give in to my inner demon let myself bath in death."

"The princesses would be the easiest to take care of. The royal and solar guard mostly incompetent and I trained the Lunar guard, they would not expect it and I could kill them before they could react. Twilight is a new Alicorn, and is not used to a opponent with intent to kill, trust me I protected her and her friends several times as requested by the crown. That leaves no one who could put me down and the thought scares me." Indicus looked at the ground somewhat quaking at the thought of snapping killing all his remaining friends and students.

Edited by Shadow Dancer

She nods and sighs "That is a scary thought, I heard of a stallion, that when his wife passed away, he possessed some sort of artifact that allowed him to trap ponies souls to do his bidding" she says with a shudder "Not quite the same thing, but it was the grief he felt after his wife died and the fear of losing his son that drove him mad" she says "I heard he still runs the Carnival of Lost Souls too"

"Wow that still quite similar. I'm guessing nobody can find him or I imagine it would be taken care of by now. Maybe one day I'll search and give him and the souls their rest though that is a thought for another time a distance away from now. Anyway thanks for listening to an old stallions thoughts."

She smiles "you're quite welcome dear, isn't that what friends are for? To listen to each other?" she asks as she rests her head on her hooves again and smiles "He's been rather elusive, I feel for his son though, being dragged into all of it" she says with a sigh 

"Yea lending an ear is something friends usually do." Indicus tilted his head down, "You and Dusk Flower are quite similar aren't you." he muttered. Freeing his head from the thought Indicus looked at Crystal inspecting her bandages. "Well I'm gonna change your bandages they look like they could use it with all the blood you initially lost." Indicus got the box of bandages out on the bed before climbing on himself. Not wanting to risk magic interfering with the healing Indicus gently took the bandages off with his hooves making sure to be as painless as possible with any blood stuck to the bandages and her chitin. (assuming this as she is a changeling)

She smiles and nods "How am I similar to the mare you fell in love with?" she asks, wincing a little as the blood peels off of her chitin. She sighs softly "Do you really want to give us dating a chance?" she asks softly, looking at him with nothing but love and care in her eyes.