Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Facebook OR Youtube?(which is better)

ELRealBoredmario64

151 users have voted

1. 1. Youtube vs Facebook

• Youtube
    • Facebook

They are both good for different reasons. I like facebook for the social interaction with people I wouldn't normally see, but it can cause some awkward chat moments. However, I like youtube for the entertainment, even if the community seems to be made up of 10 year olds at times.

Winner: Youtube, I use it more, and it is a better creative outlet

I have never used Facebook, and I never will use Facebook. I honestly think that Facebook is the most overrated thing to hit the internet, given that I can use old-fashioned email to keep in touch with people I do not see that often.

YouTube is full of stultiloquent comments, but I can find all sorts of music videos and other entertaining things at that site. I am a huge fan of Rucka Rucka Ali, although YouTube loves to delete his videos, so Rucka's Nuckas have to reupload them. Rucka Rucka Ali is not for those who loathe offensive humor, but to be fair, he is an "equal opportunity" offender and is not serious about what he sings.

Pretty easy decision.

Facebook: I can talk to people who may or may not be on, and can play games (majority which suck)

Youtube: I can watch just about any video I want and enjoy it.

• 10 months later...
(edited)

Neither. They both sell your private information to advertisers and if need be they sell it/give it to the government.

Facebook: Oh hai gurl, i just went to da store to buy some coke.

(1000 Likes)

Youtube: A site where you'r personal Information can be keept safe, videos,hosting site,Ad-sence....
And that is just some of it.

Who wins? Well i think the awnser is obvious here.

On your claims about Facebook, the answer is that they sell your personal information to advertisers.

Google does it to, and that means that ever since Google bought youtube in like 2005, your personal information has been being sold to advertisers. 

They're both horrible.

I know that's an extremely old post but it's still relevant to say that.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

I really hate Facebook. I only upload my photos occasionally on there but i otherwise avoid it like the glague. Youtube on the other hand is pretty awesome and useful still.

Youtube is better.

To me, Facebook is for teenage girls who want to share pictures of themselves online and hook up with boys they don't know, and post random 'status updates' that have nothing to do with your 'status.' It's basically just some stupid meme that isn't even funny, or a 'like if you (insert random anything here)' or a stupid picture of yourself. I used to be on FB all the time when I first made my account. And I'd see people that would be online EVERY SINGLE BUCKING SECOND. POSTING PICTURES. I mean, who wants to know that you just bought a Cinnabon and you're eating it in front of the camera?

I just find Facebook very annoying like that.

I would choose youtube anyday because you can share videos, and comment, and stuff. I don't know why, I just prefer it. sleep.png

I'm not a big fan of Facebook. I know it can be used for good reasons (business promoting, etc) but a lot of people waste a lot of time on it. I know some people who are constantly on it, and these people have families they need to tend to and such. Not all people are on it non-stop, but a large amount spend way too much time on it than is healthy XD

Then again, I'm posting on a forum about ponies when I could be studying, so my opinion is kind of invalid. happy.png

Anyway, I'd say Youtube. That's where I watch ponies. :D

YouTube is the greatest thing to ever happen to the world, Maker Studio is the second,  anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to turn you against them....

... They told me to tell you that they didn't tell me to say that.

Well, i can't fault YouTube, granted i am biased because it is how i make my money but still, i've been using YouTube for years, way before it was even owned by Google. Facebook i only use because it states in my contract from Maker "You shall take any actions possible to promote yourself including the use of social media such as Twitter and Facebook"

You...can't really compare the two that well. The sites, literally, have two completely different objectives :o One is a video site, the other is a general social communication site. However, as far as which I like better, Youtube. Youtube, like DeviantART, is basically the prime mainstream website for what its' doing. DeviantART is the biggest art site on the internet, Youtube is the same, for videos. Then there's Bookface, which is honestly just another in a long line of social websites. MySpace came before it, something will replace it some day. I don't use Bookface much because most of my online social interaction is on active fan boards like this one :3

Youtube hands down.... Although I really miss the old youtube layout where you had the 5 star rating system. I bucking hate Facebook with a bloody passion so don't even ask me about that crappy site.

img-1345793-1-old-youtube-page.jpg

Did you blur those yourself?

Either way, whoever did took special effort to remove any reference to their account (profile blurred top right, videos are their own) but forgot to blur their username at the top left.

Here is that account: www.youtube.com/Ghacks

@@Lost,

Rofl no I just found an old image of youtube on Google images somewhere xD! I just now noticed the blur too now that you mentioned it xD. 

I just noticed the "Trending" videos, Walk Off The Earth's video when it was first released! :D

There is has 4.5million views, now it has 148.5million :P

I refuse to use Facebook since the fact you're required to provide your personal information to a site where anyone can find you creeps me out. So YouTube is my preferred of the two for that alone, even if YT continuously disobeys the rule of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it".

They both suck in my opinion, but I think youtube is better. I feel like it's pointless to talk to people you know in real life online. At least use something real time like IRC or Skype. Youtube you can watch videos and talk to people via comments.

I'm kind of asocial and private, so naturally I gravitate towards the more low-key, text-friendly environment. I've never used YouTube as a social website, but I'm guessing there's a lot of video recording and watching involved as opposed to snarky comments and invites.

Youtube is great for music and finding the real truth on issues and debates. Now no longer do you need to go through 500+ hours of website and politically motivated websites to find the truth and most peoples opinions on a subject.