Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Halloween movies.

CastletonSnob

Halloween of course

Nightmare Before Christmas.

Lots of old ghost movies and monster movies.

In fact have plans this weekend to chill out and watch all of the original classic monster films back to back to back.

Dracula, Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Invisible Man.

I also watch a lot of programs on hauntings and the like.

• Brohoof 2

Hocus Pocus is THE best Halloween movie in my opinion...it's been my favorite for as long as I can remember. Nightmare Before Christmas is a close second, I watch those two every year. It's tradition. Some other classics I enjoy: House of Dark Shadows, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands and Frankenweenie (both the old live action short and the newer animated movie). I'll watch random horror movies and spooky tv shows like Paranormal Witness and My Haunted House too. I like to scare myself...somewhat. One movie I will never watch again is The Ring...the nightmares. :awuh:

• Brohoof 3

Scary Godmother, Nightmare Before Christmas, Friday The 13th, Dracula, Halloween, and many others. I watch Scary Godmother every year for its whimsical and random nature. :P

I know you said movies, but for me it's all about nostalgia and my favorite TV specials from when I was a kid. Garfield's Halloween Special will always be my favorite.

As for movies, I like Earnest Scared Stupid. It's just so silly  :P I guess I prefer the lighthearted side of Halloween to actual horror when it comes to movies and TV. 

Oh! I almost forgot! ​Invader Zim's Halloween Spectacular of Spooky Doom!

• Brohoof 1

I always watch Monster House on Halloween. It's a lot of fun and really seems to capture the mood. I also like The Adventutres of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (mainly for the Ichabod part), and for some reason, Ed Wood. The latter isn't really a Halloween movie, but it just seems to fit somehow. 

• Brohoof 3

i want more psycho horror stuff to watch, like genuinely creepy stuff, so suggestions please! Nothing thats outright gore, because i get bored of that (Saw is rubbish btw) 

i'll probably stick on some of the classics. thinking about digging up From Hell and Sleepy Hollow as theyre a few of my faves. TBH any of the horror films from the late 70s and 80s will do me. OH! maybe I'll find Lost Boys and Fright Night, cheesy 80s Vamp films <3 

Halloween 1978

Nightmare on Elm Street 1984/Wes Craven's New Nightmare(others aren't that good) 

Coraline 

Trick R Treat 

Those are some of my favorites. I didn't grow up with the universal monster movies. However recently watching them. 

The Invisible Man

The Mummy( I don't see why people think this one is boring. I prefer Karloff's Imhotep over Lugosi's Dracula here) 

Bride of Frankenstein 

Are three of my personal favorites.

• Brohoof 1

the invisible man is a classic and my personal fave of the good ol' Hammer Horror Films. Coraline is another fantastic film and really creeps me out, im terrified of the other mother. Paranorman is on my list to watch again too, really liked that one. 

OH OH OH

and my new fave silly Halloweeney film for kids is Hotel Transylvania, I absolutley love it. 2nd ones pretty meh, but the first one is so so good! 

the invisible man is a classic and my personal fave of the good ol' Hammer Horror Films. Coraline is another fantastic film and really creeps me out, im terrified of the other mother. Paranorman is on my list to watch again too, really liked that one. 

OH OH OH

and my new fave silly Halloweeney film for kids is Hotel Transylvania, I absolutley love it. 2nd ones pretty meh, but the first one is so so good! 

Claude Rains sadly didn't get the attention Lugosi and Karloff had. Rains's grave is actually 1 hour away from my house.

Not really Halloween centric movie but some of Studio Ghibli's animated movies I've seen give of the vibe of supernatural, fantastically weird and wild characters and isn't that what makes a Halloween movie so enticingly different? Watching scary movies is so *standard.

I ordered the Universal Monsters 8 movie collection on bluray. I had it last year and traded my US release for store credit. I ordered the UK version, which has better cover design and for some reason isn't region coded. UK version is $35 and the US is $90. I hate it when Europeans get the better versions of a US movie.

Fright Night (the original), Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Night of the Living Dead. Psycho. Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Francis Ford Coppola version). Many more.

I have been known to bust out Disney's Halloween Treat on beta from time to time...yeah I'm that old.

I don't like the movie Halloween much.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really into horror movies. My watchlist this year consists of Coraline, The Book of Life, Hotel Transylvania, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd probably put the original Casper on there, too, if it were available for streaming.