Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many seasons do you expect the show to have?

pnylvr

It takes a special kind of show to last longer than five seasons, and not the kind that can rely on pop culture, celebrities, and a successful video game franchise to keep things going.

If they are smart they will keep the entire G4 roster for future generations to come.. Although I am welcome to new ponies for G5. I think there's more ponies than Transformers and funny enough Hasbro doesn't even bother with much pony toys.

Too many seasons can be bad, especially if there's constant filler diversions (Naruto Shippuden is regal example); but in the cases of shows that don't really serve a central plot (slice of life stuff) it could potentially go on forever so long as you have the audiences attention with fresh material. There's a lot that can be done with a setting but it has to come out clean. It can't be all over the place like the salad bar on taco Tuesday. It's like a ho down. You have a little fun but you get tired after a while. Maybe take a break or switch partners. Sometimes shows switch to different audiences or try to change things up and keep the show alive; might as well be dead to the original audience. Maybe girls 6-12 wouldn't be so hurt if the show ended before the rest of us figure out what happened to the ponies in the years that followed. Some of us don't want to let the characters go, don't want the journey to end. An author knows that it has to at some point. Otherwise the characters and the memories suffer for it. A fine wine becomes watered down. That's just how it is. You can only really write about something you're passionate about without sacrificing quality immensely. Passion is fleeting. Fans would continue the story with their own tools until they are ready to close the book, but that wouldn't likely substitute. Ten writers can agree on a character's choices. A thousand writers cannot. A company in this day and age is usually satisfied with milking something past it's limit. Then they let it die as people lose interest. It's not really the company's loss. So I believe it comes down to two things: 1)Does Hasbro like the figures? 2)Are the writers passionate about this project?
I think the company would be happy as long as the figures either increase or sustain, only decreasing would present a question of the value in keeping the project alive. And from the looks of it, the writers still enjoy their work. I personally have seen no decrease in the show's integrity from episode 1 to now, granted I am no critic and make no claims to omniscient intelligence (I realize I probably sound like I do sometimes). I think there will be at least another three seasons.

If they are smart they will keep the entire G4 roster for future generations to come.. Although I am welcome to new ponies for G5. I think there's more ponies than Transformers and funny enough Hasbro doesn't even bother with much pony toys.

I'd like to see the G4 roster make an appearance in G5 assuming that Hasbro is willing to want to move on since the current iteration of MLP has done far better than anyone could've imagined. I wouldn't have them as the main focus unless G5 is one of those "this takes places X years into the future" ideas.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see the G4 roster make an appearance in G5 assuming that Hasbro is willing to want to move on since the current iteration of MLP has done far better than anyone could've imagined. I wouldn't have them as the main focus unless G5 is one of those "this takes places X years into the future" ideas.

Transformers does sequel series and calls it another generation, why can't MLP do the same. I am no expert on G1 ponies.. I only know that Twilight and Applejack are OGs

Transformers does sequel series and calls it another generation, why can't MLP do the same. I am no expert on G1 ponies.. I only know that Twilight and Applejack are OGs

Yet Transformers uses different versions of the same iconic characters with each generation because fans want to see their favourites. With their newest cartoon, it features Bumblebee as the leader although they've since added in Optimus Prime, and have now brought back Starscream again because both are iconic. I wouldn't be surprised if Megatron appears since Starscream kept on mentioning him by name.

G1 is where both Tirek and the Smooze came from so ponies aren't the only ones being renewed for the current generation.

Yet Transformers uses different versions of the same iconic characters with each generation because fans want to see their favourites. With their newest cartoon, it features Bumblebee as the leader although they've since added in Optimus Prime, and have now brought back Starscream again because both are iconic. I wouldn't be surprised if Megatron appears since Starscream kept on mentioning him by name.

G1 is where both Tirek and the Smooze came from so ponies aren't the only ones being renewed for the current generation.

I forgot to add those two, my bad. I know Rodimus Prime/Hot Shot gets revamped in numerous ways. I would compare Rodimus to Starlight Glimmer. Starlight has her fans, but the main consensus on her is that she is disliked, like Rodimus. 

I say 8 at best...I mean yeah new writers but the mane 6 have finished thier arcs by now hell even the CMC (although they do still have a lot to evolve in f you think about it.) I mean take PHinons and ferb for example. it had 4 seasons and most episodes hit thier mark.

But then there shows like Fairy odd parents which has gone onto 10 seasons...and we all know hw down hill that show went.

So yeah i'm thinking 8 seasons depnding on how much the fandom grows.

I forgot to add those two, my bad. I know Rodimus Prime/Hot Shot gets revamped in numerous ways. I would compare Rodimus to Starlight Glimmer. Starlight has her fans, but the main consensus on her is that she is disliked, like Rodimus. 

You can thank Transformers: The Movie for what happened to Rodimus. Hasbro learned a valuable lesson when the show was unfortunately cancelled a year later after poor ratings along with a dismal season three. Never kill off the most important characters all for the sake of selling new toys. Optimus' death was the catalyst that brought generation one to a screeching halt.