Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Quoting TV and Movies on an everyday basis

StormBlaze

So do any of you do this? It's something that normally I'd not notice in my family, because it's normal for us just to quote silly things, but since I've been with Denz (who is also a die hard Simpsons fan) we've been quoting the simpsons like non stop. I do love it, because its like an instant connection we have and one of those things we both say/think at the same time depending on the context. 

Even when we're watching the older episodes (1-14 ish series) its still funny! I dont think it'll ever get boring with us either. We both live off the simpsons quote of the day twitter as well. 

Its just something silly that we do and I wonder if you guys do it to, either the simpsons or anything else. My family also like to quote Monty Python a lot too, but Fawlty Towers is our fave one to quote. 

• Brohoof 2

Some of my friends do, but in my family we all enjoy a lot of the same shows (though, they don't watch MLP, so can't quote that XD).

So we are always quoting stuff - Red Dwarf and Father Ted seem to be the most quoted at the moment XD

• Brohoof 1

haha yes Father Ted, well Father Jack really, is what we yell around the house, especially more now that Denz has found his cup that say "feck off cup" on it XD 

We also tend to sing the Arnold Rimmer song but changed to starlight glimmer XD starlight starlight starlight glimmer...

• Brohoof 1

haha yes Father Ted, well Father Jack really, is what we yell around the house, especially more now that Denz has found his cup that say "feck off cup" on it XD 

We also tend to sing the Arnold Rimmer song but changed to starlight glimmer XD starlight starlight starlight glimmer...

Well, at least you'd know what Denz would say to a lovely cup of tea :D

I'd imagine that the 'Starlight Glimmer Experience' would be a much less...harrowing ride than the Arnold Rimmer Experience XD

For some reason, whenever we see any bird, one of us will point and say (in a poor Irish accent) 'bird' - as in:

http://www.youtu.be/sq4_c-_r0K4

• Brohoof 1

Yes I do this with my sister occasionally! We actually made up a game on where we each quote any movie line and we each find where it originates. Sometimes we forget the whole quote altogether and we and up getting each other wrong!

I have done this pretty much all my life. ^__^ I always seem to do quotes from Spongebob daily or from funny internet videos. I love doing this, because it is one of those simple joys that can always make me feel positive. I guess that is why I have always done it. I remember back in elementary school I would do that to keep myself positive through the day.

• Brohoof 1

Me and my brother are always quoting shit. Sword Art Online Abridged where we'll do entire scenes, songs from Disney movies that we've all but memorized perfectly, etc.

We also reference everything once in awhile too.

Oh my goodness yes! I quote TV and movies more than I speak my own words. It must come from a lot of viewing when I was growing up (and still today). I quote cartoons, movies ranging from the '30s up to the present day and every TV show I've ever watched. It just seems natural to use a quote when a situation calls for it, and I have a seemingly bottomless library of them. It's a lot of fun and I like to gauge peoples' reactions when I use a really obscure one. If they actually recognize it, then the pleasant surprise is on me. 

I actually do that quite often in work. I usually get a good laugh when I quote things from favorite anime or TV shows. Sometimes when I quote a line from a certain show, that episode will be on TV that day or the next day.  :lol: