Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler So about spitfire not noticing Vapor trail helping sky stinger

Unlikeable Pony

So, anyways, I know its for the story purposes...

but anyone find it funny how spitfire, someone who's supposedly been doing this kind of stuff her whole life, was completely clueless about vapor trail shooting wind gusts at Sky stinger all throughout the trials and practice drills?  Just kind of makes spitfire seem clueless about her job is all :P

• Brohoof 2

You'd think she'd've had recruits who pulled that stunt before at least once during her time there. 

On that note, so Sky stinger supposedly set an academy record for how fast he was able to do one of its tests....

but since sky stinger was helping him, doesn't that make that invalid now that things were found out? And so nobody else before tried to break records by getting someone else to boost them? :P

• Brohoof 2

On that note, so Sky stinger supposedly set an academy record for how fast he was able to do one of its tests....

but since sky stinger was helping him, doesn't that make that invalid now that things were found out? And so nobody else before tried to break records by getting someone else to boost them? :P

I'd like to think it would be invalid now but,  those little ponies are very forgiving.  :grin:  

Edited by Sparklefan1234

She did say that it wasn't her job to look at personal relationships after all.

well yeah, but there's a difference between "personal relationship" and "That person is following the other around shooting Little Whirlwinds at them 24/7" :P

Maybe spitfire Had full trust in sky so she didn't look that carefully at him. After all, she said Sky was her most promising student.

I remember how well that "Full trust so I won't look at how they're doing or behaving" thing worked with lightning dust :P

• Brohoof 2

She is too busy yelling at new recruits to notice details like that. XD Which I guess it makes sense that Twilight noticed it, her seeing such little details is pretty much her secondary special talent. :P

I think they actually managed to FINALLY hit upon a role for spitfire that works well with her personality and how she's been portrayed so far in the show.

Given her rather douchy behavior in other episodes, she actually works MUCH better as a drill sergeant than as "the best flyer of the wonderbolts" honestly; Her yelling at people in a PRODUCTIVE way manages to fit her general behavior well and actually channel it into something USEFUL.

I wouldn't mind them introducing some other wonderbolts to fill in the role of elite flyers and somewhat demoting spitfire's purpose to just being a trainer and drill sergeant.

• Brohoof 2

Maybe she blinked when they were performing. And maybe RD is just way more observant.

>RD

>Observant

large.jpeg

Granted, I know RD is supposed to be a savant about flying in a "non-book smart" way, but still, its just funny to hear that about the biggest meathead of the mane six :P

>RD

>Observant

large.jpeg

Granted, I know RD is supposed to be a savant about flying in a "non-book smart" way, but still, its just funny to hear that about the biggest meathead of the mane six :P

What? She is observing the ceiling at the moment. Ask her how many tiles, cracks and ceiling bolts there are up there. I dare you.

• Brohoof 1

Spitfire doesn't suspect much or goes out to investigate about Wind Rider as well. I suppose Spitfire is just a little bit older than Dash but not experienced enough to be able to spot these nuances.

• 2 months later...