Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQG5: Merge the pony and human world together?

SunsetBaconDrive

I know that EQG5 isn't an official title and that we are getting 3 EQG specials that we aren't sure of all their details yet. I'm just pitching that instead of the typical formula of these four movies. 

Heroines+bad guy+mcguffin+theme=an Equestria Girls movie

You can probably make it a bit interesting if you can merge the world for once. Why not? In Friendship Games, Human Rarity was almost close to falling into Ponyviille, so they have thrown little jabs at the idea of doing it. 

as much as I may want to see thins happen, I don't believe it will as they have officially said that the two are not canon with each other. though I suppose they could combine them in a way that doesn't effect the main show's story-line.. (if it even has one, since it rarely has continuity)

The two worlds merging together... I for one would like to see that happen. Since the beginning when Equestria Girls first got released, I believed that it was canon with the show despite the majority of the fandom at the time saying otherwise. Even now, I still stand by my convictions. I've often said that Sunset is the bridge that connects both worlds together, and that is part of my reasoning as to why she should appear in the show.

I know this idea won't be appreciated by everyone, but I want it to become a reality or as close to it as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they go for this, yes. It would form a nice tie-in to the Reflections arc in the comics, which is easily my favorite arc. I also think EQG5 would provide a nice way to end the franchise, because Sunset would have to return to Equestria to return the balance between the two worlds. The portal would have to be sealed forever afterward, so plenty of opportunity for feels too.

I personally don't see a reason as to why this couldn't occur, however, it likely won't. Equestria Girls was likely created as an extension of Hasbro's brand, and their ability to sell toys to a similar demographic, but target them in a different way. The appeal of anthropomorphic characters in an already compelling pony universe may target a slightly older audience of girls. Remember, they are a business. Their entire purpose is to make money. If they see creating an extension of an existing IP as a money maker, there wouldn't be a monetary incentive to merge them back together, unless they forecast this as the most logical option from a market standpoint. 

As far as canon goes, I don't read much into that stuff. So I haven't really seen too many contradictions that would make a merge impossible. Equestria Girls began as an extension of the main show, using existing canons and plots to branch out into this new world, and it has arguably trying to distance itself from the main show with each movie. Evidence of this is in Friendship Games, with the introduction of the EQG Twilight, no longer justifying bringing in FiM Twilight into the mix anymore. Familiar characters, storylines, plots, concepts, different portrayal. 

Overall, I see it as possible, just not likely to happen unless Hasbro is given a reason to do so. Fan demand alone won't satisfy them if there is no monetary incentive. 

as much as I may want to see thins happen, I don't believe it will as they have officially said that the two are not canon with each other. though I suppose they could combine them in a way that doesn't effect the main show's story-line.. (if it even has one, since it rarely has continuity)

I think: "Independent from each other" is more accurate :dash:

.I thought about this. I don't think the worlds ever merge together, but a plot of FiM and EG meeting...... it would be a nice finale special, or if they're aiming BIG: feature film  :proud:  

​If you recall the end of FG, they showed a crack on the top of the statue base (sans statue) with something coming out of it.  This was clearly a tease for either the MLP or EQ movie, so I'd say it's a pretty good shot that there's gonna be some kind of collision between the two.

Should that happen?  Well, it already has, several times.  If the question is, should ponies stay ponies in the Human world, and vice-versa, then that answer has also already been answered in EQ1.  Going through the portal automatically changes you to that world's dominant lifeform.  To do otherwise, IMO, would break canon.