Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ReverieRiver

Hey, so I made a new OC, and I wanted to share her with y'all!

post-20135-0-19477000-1476740501_thumb.png

Be sure to click for full view! As the picture states, her name is Lunar Symphony. She's a batpony - an albino one, to be precise (the streaks in her mane are dyed). And yes, she is blind. She primarily gets around through the use of echolocation, which is partly what her cutie mark represents (as well as a certain love for music). As you could imagine, sound is very important to her!

I haven't had much chance to develop her in depth. Though I have some idea of her personality, I don't know much about batponies in particular as far as where exactly they come from. I think I read something about how they usually live in caves? Perhaps Lunar lives in a particularly dark cave...

So, thoughts? :adorkable:

• Brohoof 4

cute design. By the way real bats are not actually blind but since albino animals often have sight problems due to the lack of pigment to protect there eyes then i guess it fits. If she can get her hooves on hair die then that suggest that despite her nature and race and disability she has  been able to interact with other ponies or could have stolen it. that is something to think on and I would love to see more of her or read about her. 

• Brohoof 1

Cute style. I like how you made her a batpony so her deafness won't be as great a handicap as if she could hear (because echolocation).  :twi:

Thank you! She's blind, though, not deaf :please: But yes, her echolocation does help her quite a bit! With it, she has a sense for where things are in relation to her, so she doesn't end up stumbling everywhere lol

cute design. By the way real bats are not actually blind but since albino animals often have sight problems due to the lack of pigment to protect there eyes then i guess it fits. If she can get her hooves on hair die then that suggest that despite her nature and race and disability she has  been able to interact with other ponies or could have stolen it. that is something to think on and I would love to see more of her or read about her. 

Thanks! And yeah, she's blind because of complications with her being albino, not because she happens to be a batpony; I appreciate the info, though!

I haven't thought at length about how she'd interact with ponies. She can 'see' where she's going, though, and can sense where others are by echolocation, so she wouldn't have trouble getting to town if she wanted hair dye. She might stick out some, but that's why she usually tries not to let on that she's blind if she can help it (hence the hair partially covering her eyes). Being a batpony and albino's bad enough, let alone being blind on top of that :P

• Brohoof 1

nice! batpony lore is really allmost non existent from what iv been going is is batpony are basicly nocturnal pegisi who help with the wheather at night or as cave guides for minors. nothing is in stone so by all means feel free to experiment and even try her in some rps. that's helped me with my main OC cresent

Edited by cwhip9
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you! She's blind, though, not deaf :please: But yes, her echolocation does help her quite a bit! With it, she has a sense for where things are in relation to her, so she doesn't end up stumbling everywhere lol

Yes sorry I meant to say that, it's just my english messing it up. :P Keep up the good work! :)

• Brohoof 1

nice! batpony lore is really allmost non existent from what iv been going is is batpony are basicly nocturnal pegisi who help with the wheather at night or as cave guides for minors. nothing is in stone so by all means feel free to experiment and even try her in some rps. that's helped me with my main OC cresent

I would not mind a role play if we could organised that however I have not done much role play online before. The OC you would be interacting with would be my secondary OC Silver Wind

• 2 weeks later...