Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Info about the upcoming season from the quarterly report

Unlikeable Pony

1276300__safe_equestria+girls_text_text+

So, not much new info, but it says "mane six". As to whether or not that means less starlight glimmer is hazy, as this IS corporate Hasbro talking, and this is more or less just buzzword jargon, so "mane six" could be misleading.

Not much more from the meeting besides Non-FIM seasonal stuff, though it does confirm we will be getting it in the spring like we already knew. "Most exciting season yet" is pretty vague and just them building it up, so who knows what in store?

Sadly, not much info from the quarterly report about FIM :(

• Brohoof 1

This is what I wrote on Equestria Daily when it was posted there.

"So the Equestria Girls specials are twenty-two minutes each? I think I can understand why they are going in this direction, and I'm all for it since it means getting three specials instead of just one movie. I wanted these to follow up from Legend of Everfree so I'm happy that has been confirmed. All three together equal the length of one movie minus eight minutes but that's fine as it still means triple the EQG."

"So the Equestria Girls specials are twenty-two minutes each? I think I can understand why they are going in this direction, and I'm all for it since it means getting three specials instead of just one movie. I wanted these to follow up from Legend of Everfree so I'm happy that has been confirmed. All three together equal the length of one movie minus eight minutes but that's fine as it still means triple the EQG."

tripple the Shimmy is aces in my book

Hope it sets up for her return to pony life, since they haven't shied away from continuing to link the two worlds and Shimmy's retur

• Brohoof 1

Hope it sets up for her return to pony life, since they haven't shied away from continuing to link the two worlds and Shimmy's retur

Sunset returning to Equestria would be the best thing ever as it would mean reconciling with Celestia and catching up on so much that has happened since she left. Would it be a permanent return? That's a question that would require a lot of thinking.

Sunset returning to Equestria would be the best thing ever as it would mean reconciling with Celestia and catching up on so much that has happened since she left. Would it be a permanent return? That's a question that would require a lot of thinking.

I'd love to see her come back for a visit, and especially to visit with Celestia.

But, I really don't want her to stay. I wouldn't necessarily hate it if she did, but she's made her friends at Canterlot High, and I'm not sure she'd just want to leave them like that. It'd feel a bit like Twilight deciding to leave her Ponyville friends to go back to Canterlot, that just doesn't feel right.

I am a little bit disappointed that the EQG specials are only going to be 22 minute long, but maybe this means the series is finally transitioning into getting an actual TV or Netflix show.

I would be all down for that.

With three EQG specials, the movie, and season 7, next year is looking really big for FIM.

I still wonder if with all these projects going on, if the season had to be cut into being a 13 episode length instead of the usual 26.

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, think you might be dissapointed there; I'm more expecting each of the specials to focus on 2 of the mane seven (and 3 in one of them) like how the Map episodes feature 2 of the mane six.

I am a little bit disappointed that the EQG specials are only going to be 22 minute long, but maybe this means the series is finally transitioning into getting an actual TV or Netflix show.

I would be all down for that.

One thing I've started to wonder about is that the 3 22 minute specials amount up to about the same amount of time as an EQG movie, more or less.

I'm kind of wondering if it'll turn out its basically just "EQG 5" except chopped up so that it can be shown on TV in 30 minute slots easily.

The fact that they have to point out that the Mane 6 is still the focus is actually depressing

To be fair, its not hasbro emphasizing that but Sethisto in his report.

but yeah, I agree. (the fact that the Upcoming IDW Comic is about the EOH failing and how starlight has to save the day isn't making me feel any better about things)

To be honest, think you might be dissapointed there; I'm more expecting each of the specials to focus on 2 of the mane seven (and 3 in one of them) like how the Map episodes feature 2 of the mane six.

One thing I've started to wonder about is that the 3 22 minute specials amount up to about the same amount of time as an EQG movie, more or less.

I'm kind of wondering if it'll turn out its basically just "EQG 5" except chopped up so that it can be shown on TV in 30 minute slots easily.

I hope that it isn't just EQG 5 chopped up.

I would rather just have one complete film, than pieces meant to be shown on TV in 30 minute slots easily.

Plus with how Legend of Everfree first premiered on Netflix, I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts would be made for it or at least premiere on that service.

To be fair, its not hasbro emphasizing that but Sethisto in his report.

but yeah, I agree. (the fact that the Upcoming IDW Comic is about the EOH failing and how starlight has to save the day isn't making me feel any better about things)

lol seriously? Now it just feels like they're going out of their way to do this shit

If they do do this, 5 bucks says one of them is gonna be Rarity and Applejack for the umpteenth time

On the other hand, if they do do this, I hope that Sunset isn't paired with Sci Twi, that'd be a godsend

Edited by T-SPARKS

I'd love to see her come back for a visit, and especially to visit with Celestia.

But, I really don't want her to stay. I wouldn't necessarily hate it if she did, but she's made her friends at Canterlot High, and I'm not sure she'd just want to leave them like that. It'd feel a bit like Twilight deciding to leave her Ponyville friends to go back to Canterlot, that just doesn't feel right.

That's what my thought process has been thinking for the last year or two regarding Sunset and Equestria. Having her return permanently wouldn't make sense since she's forged friendships and found a family in the human world, but giving up her true heritage as a unicorn wouldn't be good either. What I've considered is perhaps she pays a visit to Equestria every now and again but prefers to live where she is now. That way, both worlds benefit from her presence.

There is one flaw to my thought though, and that is the stability of the portal as seen at the end of Legend of Everfree. The portal could break down if it's been leaking magic for as long as it has, and that would mean Sunset making an extremely difficult decision.

• Brohoof 1

That's what my thought process has been thinking for the last year or two regarding Sunset and Equestria. Having her return permanently wouldn't make sense since she's forged friendships and found a family in the human world, but giving up her true heritage as a unicorn wouldn't be good either. What I've considered is perhaps she pays a visit to Equestria every now and again but prefers to live where she is now. That way, both worlds benefit from her presence.

There is one flaw to my thought though, and that is the stability of the portal as seen at the end of Legend of Everfree. The portal could break down if it's been leaking magic for as long as it has, and that would mean Sunset making an extremely difficult decision.

This is pretty much how I see it. Her going back to Equestria to visit her old home, Celestia, and Twilight makes sense, I can understand that. But her just abandoning her new life and friends for it...Yeah, I don't see it.

Her having to make a choice though, I could see that as being really hard on her. That could be interesting (And a little painful...) to see.

Is this really that bad? I mean, I get it. The mane six are the main characters. But having a situation every now and then where they fail and others have to help save the day isn't a big deal, the Mane Six don't always have to be the heroes.

Sure, if they kept it up all the time, with Starlight or some other character always being the heroes, I'd start to have an issue with it. But once or twice doesn't bug me.

• Brohoof 1

On the other hand, if they do do this, I hope that Sunset isn't paired with Sci Twi, that'd be a godsend

hah, I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure you'll be dissapointed; They seem to have those two stuck to each other like glue :P

I wouldn't expect them to start trying to focus on the relationships with the others (as opposed to focusing on sunset and twilight's relationships) into WELL into the series :P

• Brohoof 1

This is pretty much how I see it. Her going back to Equestria to visit her old home, Celestia, and Twilight makes sense, I can understand that. But her just abandoning her new life and friends for it...Yeah, I don't see it.

Her having to make a choice though, I could see that as being really hard on her. That could be interesting (And a little painful...) to see.

After everything they've been through in Rainbow Rocks, Friendship Games, and Legend of Everfree, Sunset just up and leaving them would be like backstabbing them. Funnily enough though, the idea was abandoned during the early development stages of Friendship Games according to the deleted scenes. Perhaps the writers now believe they have an idea as to how they can approach it without making it look bad, and I agree that Sunset making such a choice would be painful. No one should ever have to make a choice like that.

Since Equestria Girls continues to grow in popularity amongst the fandom, perhaps the writers might get the hint that we want to see Sunset as a pony again and reconcile with Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

I think the main reason there'll be three specials instead of a movie it's because of the 100% pony movie :dash:

I think the main reason there'll be three specials instead of a movie it's because of the 100% pony movie :dash:

That's something I've been considering as a possibility as well. I also have this feeling that season seven may only be thirteen episodes as opposed to twenty-six.

The fact that they have to point out that the Mane 6 is still the focus is actually depressing

More depressing on our part considering we had like 4 starlight episodes and everyone flipped out whining that she was the new "main" character.

>Mane 6 are still the focus

...well, there goes any hope of quality for this season, because we've already had to butcher characterization to justify an episode's moral no fewer than four times in Season 6, which is poor writing (Every Little Thing She Does, Hoofball Season, Cart Before the Ponies, To Where And Back Again)

Give us focus on anyone else; CMC, Spike (Without turning him into an idiot), Celestia, Starlight...

Heck, I'll even accept Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon

How is it depressing? Explain, please?

Some people are paranoid that Starlight is going to be a main charcater I guess.

But there is nothing out of the ordinary mentioning the main charcaters, they were not pointing it out or anything.

Some people are paranoid that Starlight is going to be a main charcater I guess.

But there is nothing out of the ordinary mentioning the main charcaters, they were not pointing it out or anything.

I know how that feels. Some people are still paranoid about it.

Lighten up: it's no different than if Hasbro had a press release that mentioned Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, etc. while talking about the new season of Transformers Prime.

This. Seriously, why does this fandom panic at the drop of a hat? This press release is a big old nothingburger and yet we've still got people pissing their pants over it.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 3

Lighten up: it's no different than if Hasbro had a press release that mentioned Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream, etc. while talking about the new season of Transformers Prime.

This. Seriously, why does this fandom panic at the drop of a hat? This press release is a big old nothingburger and yet we've still got people pissing their pants over it.

I mean, when you think about it, they shouldn't have to remind people that the main characters are still the main characters. Of course, according to Unlikeable, that part I was referring to was added by Seth and not Hasbro, so I'll admit that it's an overreaction

But considering that both the premiere and finale starred Starlight and worfed the mane six(and with it looking like the comics are gonna do this too) definitely give many in the fandom this impression(even if she didn't appear in the season very much for some dumb reason)

Edited by T-SPARKS