Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, the actors for the movie officially announced

Unlikeable Pony

so, the actors for the movie have been announced:
Uzo aduba, Emily blunt, Kristine chenoweth, Taye diggs, Michael pena, Liev schriedner and Sia

To be honest, kind of unimpressed, none of these VAs/actors are really that exciting to me on the same level as ones like John De lancie was :(

hell, the 80s MLP movie had dannie devito

1276300__safe_equestria+girls_text_text+

• Brohoof 2

I am never impressed by animated films voice actors.

To me whether you are a complete unknown or one of the biggest names in the business does not matter... you each have an equal chance to sell your character to me. I just hope they movie does not become about trying to "sell" these "major stars" to me instead of the story of the film itself.

• Brohoof 3

None of those are Peter Cullen :/ Fuck

Only ones I recognize are Pena and Sia, honestly I don't really care for these actors.

Regardless I watch this for the mane 6, so I don't see myself caring too much for the celebrity actors

so, the actors for the movie have been announced:

Uzo aduba, Emily blunt, Kristine chenoweth, Taye diggs, Michael pena, Liev schriedner and Sia

To be honest, kind of unimpressed, none of these VAs/actors are really that exciting to me on the same level as ones like John De lancie was :(

hell, the 80s MLP movie had dannie devito

sig-4703455.1276300__safe_equestria%20gi

Oh for crying out loud let's not have another nostalgic b*tchfest like with the season 6 haters.

Too little information to make an informed judgment. However, first impressions... The movie will be ok, probably nothing stellar. The three new specials are... an odd choice, but ok, and Season 7 should have its ups and downs just like the rest of the seasons. I don't see the status quo changing much due to this information, though we'll find out as time goes by I suppose.

The only person from the list who I know for certain has VA experience is Uzo Aduba (voiced Bismuth in Steven Universe). It's going to be interesting to see how they fit more major voices into the story of the show, though.

Season 7 will be their biggest year and have the biggest adventures? That's what I'm talkin' about! I love their positive energy and hope! And y'know what? I hope they make good on that promise! It's gonna be a great season for MLP and our beloved pony pals, regardless of what the critics say. Here's to new pony adventures and my undying love for the show! :-P

• Brohoof 1

Because Toy Story, The Lego Movie, Shrek, the Ghibli dubs, and Inside Out were such awful films, right?

Honestly, as long as the voice director knows what he's doing, and can get these actors to perform without cameras rolling on them, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Like you said, just because celebs are in the movies means nothing.

Edited by GlaciesFrost

I'm going to probably get a lot of shocks from what I'm about to say, but I haven't heard of any of those celebrities who are going to be providing voices for the movie next year. Of course, their status as celebrities holds no water here. They need to make a good impression in the finished version if the fandom plans on accepting them and the characters they voice.

• Brohoof 2

Oh for crying out loud let's not have another nostalgic b*tchfest like with the season 6 haters.

Gotta love the needless hostility here for not jerking off the show and having opinions 

Because Toy Story, The Lego Movie, Shrek, the Ghibli dubs, and Inside Out were such awful films, right?

I doubt people wanna watch the movie for the celebrity guests over the show's main characters we know and love, which, as much as I love it, was one of my biggest issues with Hasbro's last animated movie, The Transformers Movie

Edited by T-SPARKS

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, both live actors before anything else, did a fine job in the Toy Story trilogy. These guys should get just as much of a fair shake. If they suck, they suck. If they're decent, they're decent. If they're amazing, congrats to them and the voice director for knowing just how to bring these characters to life!

Maybe as trailers come out we'll see a bit more of how the talent in the movie is... if there's any talent to be had from the "celebrity" cameos (seriously I have no idea who any of these people are).

I'm honestly confused as to why there is concern over the voice actors here. I've never heard any of these names, but I really don't see an issue there. Heck; that might be a blessing.

In any case we'll wee what happens.