Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, the actors for the movie officially announced

Unlikeable Pony

Somehow, despite being so interested in filmmaking that I want to contribute to the industry in some way, I've never heard of a lot of these celebrities. But, a film having a celebrity actor doesn't change my opinion anyway, so hopefully the film is good and doesn't sacrifice quality because of celebrity appearances.

Edited by shoyrumaster11
  • Brohoof 1

Gotta love the needless hostility here for not jerking off the show and having opinions 

I doubt people wanna watch the movie for the celebrity guests over the show's main characters we know and love, which, as much as I love it, was one of my biggest issues with Hasbro's last animated movie, The Transformers Movie

I actually liked the first Michael Bay Transformers. I only remember Revenge of the Fallen because I saw it in the theater with 15 people. Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction were the worst of the worst. 

Some fine actors to be sure - Kristen & Liev have mad skills.  I'm just interested in how the Mane 6 get treated in the movie, what with extra celeb actors being brought in. I assume they will be central to the plot, but how much so. I just want our favorite girls to get the respect in a major film that they deserve. 

Also, um...why didn't they cast me? I didn't even get an audition :-\

I'm getting my agent on the phone, stat. 

Seriously?

We're still focusing on the Mane 6 this late?

There's so many other characters that desperately need focus and development

Celestia, Starlight and Discord come to mind

Edited by The Nth Doctor

She has had three and a half movies of screentime, which is more than Celestia and Discord have ever had

Sunset Shimmer is a better Starlight Glimmer in every way, shape and form

Dude, Discord has had x7 more episodes than Celestia, what show are you watching? 

He's still a one-note character, which goes against everything he's supposed to be

I would say Discord has been fully developed. He went from a man baby to a responsible character who realizes his chaos magic could do almost anything, but give him a friend. You can't  really do more with him.

I would say Discord has been fully developed. He went from a man baby to a responsible character who realizes his chaos magic could do almost anything, but give him a friend. You can't  really do more with him.

He'd have been much better as an overarching villain who set events into motion in order to test Twilight and cause chaos

Instead they slapped a Fluttershy-shaped shackle on him that horribly limits what he's capable of as a character

Kinda sucks they didn't want to give Discord a cameo in the new movie though. I will watch the movie of course, but we seem to be getting to many filler characters already.

You never know. They have revealed all the new and big named actors coming on board. But it is possible John De Lancie being a semi regular of the show (and by default I would imagine discord) might get a part to play in it since they have not made a complete list of EVERY single VA who will be part of it.

Edit- All sorts of issues with the quote buttons

Because Toy Story, The Lego Movie, Shrek, the Ghibli dubs, and Inside Out were such awful films, right?

I had a theory about celebrity actors in animated films. If the names are not blatantly put across the top of the poster, it'll end up getting good reviews.

64% on Rotten Tomatoes (not bad but compared to...)

robots.jpg

Toy Story has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen were not plastered on the top.

toy-story-poster1.jpg

So if they do the same here with the MLP movie. I'll give it a chance to test my theory.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda excited for this now, especially with vocal talents like Emily Blunt, Kristen Chenoweth, and Sia

I'm sure we'll get some REALLY great songs! haha that's all I care about rn :')

Michael Pena is in it...this better be a epic pony or it will be a waste

Man, I want a scene of his character making a fast storytelling and the characters in it have his gestures and voice  :rarity: . COME ON YO, THOSE SCENES WERE THE BLAST IN ANT-MAN :orly:

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, as long as the voice director knows what he's doing, and can get these actors to perform without cameras rolling on them, that shouldn't be a problem at all. Like you said, just because celebs are in the movies means nothing.

If Terry could get good performances out of patton oswalt, weird al, and lena hall, as well as two amateurs, I see no reason to worry.

Edited by ihhh

As long as they perform well, I'm fine with it. But the moment they're not very good or try to take over the movie because they have star actors playing them I'm going to be very annoyed. Too bad they couldn't get Simon Templeman or Michael Bell, though. Michael Bell, at least, has a history with MLP. He played Spike in the 1986 movie.