cider float

If your boy/girlfriend or spouse changed sex would you still love him/her?

Well, my opinion on this hasn't changed at all.  I'd still stick with them no matter their gender because I think going through a transition, one would need love and support going through it.  It's hard to transition when everyone you cared for suddenly were to turn their backs on you, call you names or outright abandon you.  It might take me a bit to adjust but I'm a big boy and can handle that.  Besides, I still think it would be nice to have someone who can relate with you in terms of how your transition is going.

I wouldn’t hate them, but I’ll definitely lose any romantic feelings and break up/divorce

I've thought about this a few times, and I think I would. It would be a little strange at first and take some getting used to, but they'd still be the person I fell in love with, so it wouldn't bother me too much.

As a friend yes, but not in a romantic sense, it's not a change I could overcome.

I might have some issues, but it depends on the arguments and reasons he/she has behind this decision and how well based are they

Badges

Absolutely. Because I have neither. :p

I guess that means I love myself. And I guess I'd still be loving myself if I genderswapped.

Badges

No....I couldn't do it, sorry. Of course I'd be supportive but as a friend and nothing more. 

Few too many people who'd break up with someone they supposedly loved because of something they can't change. Not feeling the warm and fuzzy...

Badges

Being bi myself doubt it would make much of a difference to me. But it would take getting used to. 

8 minutes ago, The Historian said:

Few too many people who'd break up with someone they supposedly loved because of something they can't change. Not feeling the warm and fuzzy...

Sound to me you are degrading peoples sexuality. Or that it can be changed if you just try hard enough. Sorta like oh idk conversion therapy. Not feeling any acceptance for the fact that peoples sexuality are a deciding factor who they date/sleep with. 

I can safely say that yes, I would still love them regardless of their gender. I love someone for who they are as a person, not because of their gender. If my boyfriend suddenly became a girl but was still them in every other way, then I would stick with them. 

yes no matter what ! ^^ even though i still dont have anyone :adorkable:

Edited by Angle Alastor

I love who I love for who there are, not who or what they turn themselves into. If they're not the person I fell in love with, I might as well pick any random person on the street. I'm sure some will argue that it's the same person on the inside, but if that's the case they can remain inside the person they were born to be and not something else.