Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you prefer: living in a city or a town?

zerox

town. ive lived in a city, not a big one, but big enough for me to be happy with, but i got homesick and missed my hometown too much. Now ive moved back to it and am happy again. I love this town, its right in the countryside - Somerset is proper farming county and I love how peaceful it is. its surrounded by hills too, so lots of amazing walking places. 

we also have a steam railway <3 and its not too far from the coast. but i do miss living in a seaport city just because im happy along the coast. 

theres no way I could live in somewhere like London. just visiting for a day or weekend drains me, its such a rushed lifestyle. 

• Brohoof 2

I like cities since they normally have good transportation and there is plenty to do within the city limits.  In my city there are islands to visit that have trails to walk on, a bunch of museums, a historic section with a fort from 200 years ago and a shopping center for just about everything.  Everything is within about an hour and 20 minutes on transit.

I'd prefer living in a small quiet town where everyone knows each others name... I like living in the city where everything is conveniently within reach, but it gets old once you've lived in one for this long.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer living in a semi-remote area that is fairly close to a city, close enough that I can get into it and so things I need to do, explore, and stuff. But I don't wanna be in it, cause I'd want my own house built, with a decent amount of property, and Places for me to do my hobby experiments. Right now the closest city (a city with about 200,000 population?) is about 2 hours away, in another state. So yeah.

I don't care; t doesn't have to be very big so long as life doesn't have too inconveniences of a smaller town. I just don't want to stay in it for long periods of time......

Edited by 95-Wolf

I've only ever lived in the same place my entire life. What's the actual difference? If it's traffic then we have that up the wazoo, though we have no buildings taller than three stories and few that are more than two.

Hm. Tough one. I guess the smallest place I lived in had around 15,000 people and the biggest had almost 800,000. Both had its pros and cons I guess. I never really hated or loved any one place in particular. I'm an adaptive creature so I'll always find a way to adjust to the pace of the places I live in ;) Also Internet helps a lot when I need to get something I can't buy in my place so that can make living in smaller towns more bearable! :D

Long story short, in a city. I've lived in a village with a population of 1000, a city with a population of 500000, and currently in a city of 8 million people. The village was nice and quiet, it also had a lot of nature and you could see the stars at night, but it was pretty boring to live there and I didn't like how everyone knew everyone because any little thing you do is immediately noticed. I think I appreciate the tranquility more now that I live in a city, but I still go to the village during vacations and that's good enough for me. In the city there are more things to do, I don't have to go to the next town to find something I can't find here, chances of running into people I know are pretty low, and I like to walk around to see the buildings and the people. 

I grew up in a town and now live in a city. From the practical point of view, I definitely prefer the city. Here I have a small and cozy apartment – easy to keep clean and tidy. And everything I need is pretty close. In a town you have to do much more household work – well, were I lived I had to. Plus, in my country the Internet is slower in non-urban areas – a huge problem for me.

But that’s all about the real world. In Equestrian I’d gladly live in a town.

just like the glorious tiger tank, my playground is the vast open fields, not the clostrophobic streets

I don't like the city very much at all, I'm a town person for sure.

Can I vote for the beach? Or maybe a quiet meadow. Towns are too quiet and cities are too noisy. Town drivers are too wreckless and city drivers don't even acknowledge the world around them. The people in towns are very cliquish and city people just spit in your direction.

• Brohoof 1

Much more of a town person. Sure cities can be nice, but constant noise of some kind or another (loud or not), light pollution, and a lack places and times to be alone outside of the house. Towns are far more humble. 

• Brohoof 2