Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you prefer: living in a city or a town?

zerox

I don't really like living in nowhereville. It's big enough to be a town but doesn't have a single fast food chain or anything open past 8pm. Internet is barely usable and all the houses are starting to fall apart. (I blame the high school constructioners than just being a town) 

I used to live in the city and I preferred it a lot more. Yeah crime is higher and traffic worse but I like the pros :twi:

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Well, for me it's kind of a dilemma, because I live in the edge of a city, it's a nice balance combining the benefits both the town and city.

• 7 months later...

Neither. I prefer living in a quiet rural area. Or hell I’d be happy just living in a little town with a population of less than 1000, like I did so many years ago. I miss it. :worry: This big city life isn’t for me. 

Love living in a small village. Lots of nature and animals, less humans. City’s are like.. grr for when you have anxiety and get forced to be around so many people!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Deerie said:

Love living in a small village. Lots of nature and animals, less humans. City’s are like.. grr for when you have anxiety and get forced to be around so many people!

Just something ive noticed here...people are more likely to be dicks in the city.... 

• Brohoof 2

@Blivy that is not true in small villages wverybody knows each other thus more likely to get trashtalked and everybody knowing but the scenery makes up for it (flowers,animals,forest)

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Deerie said:

@Blivy that is not true in small villages wverybody knows each other thus more likely to get trashtalked and everybody knowing but the scenery makes up for it (flowers,animals,forest)

In my old village I even went and helped one of teachers fix her computer. Twas so nice so glad I didnt go to a bid school with over 800 people in my class or i'd prolly get shot or end up in the bad crowd one or the other... ;w;

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

Definitely town. I like to be between a big city and isolated on a countryside. It's nice to have a city in reach and nice countryside to escape from all day stress.

• Brohoof 1

I like living where there are nice people. A crowded city is a way to disappear and become no one, but a small town, you might become to recognizable and it becomes a social problem.

I live on the country side, trying to keep my neighborhood from not becoming a small town (through being parts of decisions about future plans), but as the years go by, more an more people move in, and it is starting to be very crowded and hard to breathe.

I live in a city now (it is probably closer to a town in size, but due to the weird way city status is designated it's officially a city) and I don't mind it - although I hate most big cities. Stockholm was a really beautiful city, and I would move back there - but the thought of moving to somewhere London or NYC sends shivers up my spine. So I'd prefer towns... although since I'm expressing my preferences then living in the countryside would be even better.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I've lived the vast majority of my life so far in a larger suburb town. I want to keep it that way. No, not living in this particular suburban town, but a different one in a better state, like a suburb of Boston, MA.

I spent a couple of years in a smaller college town and it presented some difficulties for me in finding products I needed at the very small number of stores we had. So that's not ideal, but if I have to live in that kind of setting again in a better state, I'll still take it.

I've never lived in a city, so I don't know what that kinda life is like. I know pretty much all cities in the US are dangerous to live in, so that's faarrr from ideal.