Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you prefer: living in a city or a town?

zerox

My town can be a little boring sometimes, but I prefer it over the city, because the pacing is slower, and there are horses around. :P I do enjoy all of the entertainment the city has to offer, but when all is said and done, I like to be out of the hustle and bustle. :please: 

I MUST live in the city! I've tried the small town and country living thing and it just sucks! It's not all about the action (even though that is a contributing factor), but about access to resources and options for any need that might present itself. 

And to be honest, I need to see activity around me. I need to see life happening. I need theater, museums, freeways, theme parks! I need culture and living in the city provides that. The years I spent in a small town are what I consider my 'lost years'. Nothing happened and I was going steadily out of my mind until I got free and came to THE city on the west coast. Now my blood pressure has gone way down and my disposition is calm and content. 

Cities for me, please. For there truly is no other option. 

I have been in both, though right now I love in a quite small town. I think they both have their benefits, and I don't prefer one or the other. I like the convenience and business of cities, as well as the calmness and pretty landscapes of this small town.

I have lived in a small town for most of my life and I would absolutely LOVE to live in a city instead. Small towns have their perks, they can be pretty peaceful and local business can be wonderful, but for me the positives end there. Cities have far more businesses and convenience, they have a much larger community feel and there is just more to do and see. My town just doesn't have much in it and lately I have been rather tired of it.

Hopefully one day I will be able to move to a city with my boyfriend. ^__^

• Brohoof 1

Glow up in the city for 31 years, even I'm not a people's person and can't stand being crowded places. On Saturday, City Centre where shops all around can get busy. I do like living in my City, did miss when I went on holiday, In city there alot to do and see but do have bad points like any places.

• 1 year later...

I prefer living in a town since it would be much more calm than compared to a city, but you can't go wrong with either types of areas. I currently live in a small and quiet neighborhood next to a small city in Southern California.

• Brohoof 1

Neither. I would much rather prefer living in a rural area far from the big city hustle and bustle. I used to live in a rural area in Illinois (pretty much most of Illinois is rural anyway :P) when I was little and I really miss the fresh air, the wide open spaces and quiet. As of right now, I live in a city, but I'm kinda stuck here for the time being. :mlp_gag: I plan on moving away as soon as I can. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Well, at the moment,  I say the city. I need the resources that the city offers not to mention their accessibility. But the perks of rural life may be more enticing later on. I currently live in the country and feel stuck in a life of poverty, a life devoid of opportunity.

• Brohoof 1

Well that depends...

(I will refer to fairly urbanised places as cities on this post, since we have large towns, about the same size, if not bigger than our cities here in Scotland, amonst other things)

First by addressing the pros of each

Cities are much easier to buy thing in (due to the abundance of shops in cities),

But Towns are much easier to get more living space, and are still incredibly to go to the city, usually fairly easy, even just with public transport, in most cases

Now for addressing the cons of each

In most cases, you have to live in the sub-urb of a Scottish city, since living in the city center of a city here is usually for the loaded (to put bluntly, cities are usually full of snobs and neds (snobs usually in the city centre, neds and working class in sub-urbs) ), and so you are better off just living in a semi-nearby town

And shops in Towns are usually completely shut before 9PM...

So, I prefer living in a town, easy to get into a nearby city, since I love going into town, but like living somewhere with some living space (since most houses affordable to the majority of working class people, on minimum wage are really small, and you can get a bigger house out the city)

Edited by Sherbert MGS
  • Brohoof 1

I like living on the outskirts of town where you have both countryside & city accessibility! Chattanooa, TN is a great example my hometown. 

Well I guess a town would be my general answer for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I will always choose living in a town rather than the city. Given the fact that I have been to the city of Chicago, IL many, many times, I can say that hate the city life. It's just too busy with all of the traffic and all of that.

I live in a smal village and I am really ok with it. But I also would have no problems with living in a smal town. It would be maybe have some advantages (like a bigger offer on shopping posibillities). But in a big City? No, I am not a City person. I need the nature and the silence and darkness at the night time I have here on the country.

I haven't lived in a city before but I'd imagine I'd prefer it as I've always wanted to live somewhere which is a bit more.. modern. I remember when I went to Birmingham for the first time and it was amazing just because everything was so modern xD