Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff A true, true friend

Troblems

There’s been a bit of drama among the MLP Forums staff. It caused a rift that started months ago, and has had a lot of staff walking on proverbial eggshells for quite a while. Normally when I do staff announcements, I come at them with levity and humor, but this one I won’t, because it’s more of a serious topic. First, the announcement. @ is being promoted to Community Administrator. With the last round of promotions, he was our runner up, but we thought it wasn't quite time. However this round, it seems like truly the perfect time. A soothing balm to help the staff heal.

I’m sure in this announcement people who missed aforementioned drama will be wondering what I’m talking about. Discussions about it will not be tolerated in this topic. Instead, if you really feel the need to dig around, that can be done here. This thread is for the congratulating Path on his promotion.

More than ever, Path has a hard road ahead of him, and for that I have a huge amount of respect for him. That’s saying a lot, because I already did. He’s always been easy to talk to, easy to get along with, and ever ready with the deer puns. But he’s now inheriting a mess. The MLP Forums admins know that there’s a high amount of displeasure around the site among the members. The fact that Path is willing to take on that mantle now, and try to improve things around here; that takes a lot of balls.

Back when Path was just being brought on as a sectional, I fought for him to be in RP. I’d fight for him again today. I could go on about Path’s good qualities a lot longer, but he’s got work to do around here, so I’m going to let him get to it. Congrats man, you deserve it.

Zzs4Pb8.png?1

Sketch credit goes to Shadow Beam

• Brohoof 21

oh deer. :P

Seriously though, I wish you all the best Pathy, hoping that you do a good job here and that you still remain the punny deer that you are, because that's why people love you. :P

• Brohoof 4

I am honestly not surprised at all. Path has all of the great qualities of a lea-deer, one of them being that he is very down to earth and level-headed. Congratulations! :) 

• Brohoof 5

The power of FIM keeps on growing.... Imean ^^;

Seriously though, I always knew you had it in you :) You will do a fantastic job deerie <3 Keep up the good work like you always have ;)

• Brohoof 6

Oh deer god, no puns? I'll try..

You make some good points there Trobs, and Path has always been a decent fallow.

... sorry, I'll just hightail it out of here.

Seriously though: Congrats Path. You have an unenviable job ahead, and I wish you all the best!

• Brohoof 5

Fantastic news! I would have to rack my brains to think of a better candidate... congrats! Looking forward to seeing the changes, just hope you don't get into a rut.

I won't do any more deer puns... besides, Kiri stole the best one.

For real doe.

:love:

• Brohoof 4

I wouldn't miss this moment for all the thread in Rarity's boutique. Not for this moment. Not for you. Path, we joined this community at the same time, and became staff around the same time. The kinship that started in a long forgotten hockey thread didn't end there. Though I've often commented publicly about our friendship using our inside jokes and puns, I'm putting that aside for this post. This feels too important to rely on quick and easy humor. I want this to be as genuine as you are.

That's the word. Genuine. I have always pushed for others to view both the world and each other through lenses that allow that complexity which we all possess to come through, so defining someone to one phrase or distilling them to a single word feels disingenuous ... but damn it if you are the single most genuine and true person I've met online.

You have been a good friend, kind, understanding, empathetic, and always available. You've never betrayed your convictions and have given your opinion is such measured and kind tones that it is offensive to none. This site is a better place the moment you registered, and this world is more palatable with the knowledge you occupy it.

As Troblems alluded to, we discussed your potential in the past. While we agreed to let to grow more in your TL position, it was obvious agreement bwteen every one of us when I stated once you would have the highest ceiling, and the potential to be the greatest Administrator MLPF has ever had. I meant it then, I believe it now. Here is to your new role, our continued friendship, and ... as our impromptu viewing of the Season Six Finale proved ... our perpetual fondness for all things Pony.

You are a good man PathfinderCS, and an even better son and friend. Congrats on your promotion. You have earned it many times over.

/)

• Brohoof 13

Pathfinder, I am so incredibly proud of you right now, both for what you have accomplished here and for what you continue to accomplish. I have not forgotten that you were the first among the staff to reach out to me as a friend, nor that you were one of my first friends here, and remain one of my deerest ;)

Your promotion is admittedly somewhat bittersweet, as I would have been incredibly happy to work with you in an admin role had the road of life veered in a slightly different direction, but I am deeply happy for you nonetheless, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors, spreading the magic of friendship and silly puns <3

• Brohoof 10

A couple of weeks into my time at MLP Forums, I received a PM from some dude with a deer avatar because there was confusion that my awesome credit advice to somepony was advertising. My first reaction was "who's dis guy? What's with the deer picture?"

Fast forward some months, and he's my boss in the FIM section and he trained me and diligently answered all of my many many many many many x10000 questions and helped me have a bit of confidence as a sectional and now moderator.

Path is a true gentleman(deer?) and one of the most kind hearted caring people that I've had the pleasure of working with. When I heard he was going to be an admin, it filled me with great joy, because I know that he's the perfect fit for this role. 

Keep it up, boss!

FIM 4 L 

(ps you should check out the blog getrichslowly. And I get no money for saying so, SO LAY OFF)

• Brohoof 8

Wow! 

This is awesome, Path. I knew that you would one day end up as an administrator. I think everyone knew it! You totally deserve this and I know that you will be amazing.

Necessary deer gif is necessary:

JJYyatE.gif

• Brohoof 6

Absolutely thrilled to see this day has finally come! Path, since the day I first came to the forums you have always been a standout guy; of the friendliest and most cheerful disposition, spreading the word of the deer wherever it may go, and all around being one of the most helpful and understanding members of staff this forum has yet seen. You have always been the voice of calm and composure; never letting your judgement be compromised even in the most stressful of situations. As Jeric pointed out: you have always remained genuine, true to yourself. It is a trait that has allowed you to be one of the most loved and trusted individuals on this site, to have each and every one of us say that you are, without hesitation, a true friend to us all Path. <3

I know you will do the position proud; and make this forum just that little bit more 'deerrific' ;)

...We still need to get you watching more movies though. >_>

• Brohoof 6

Oh deer me! How fawn'd I am of Path and his finally getting the promotion he deserved. ^_^

You're one of the best members to have joined the admin ranks -- not because the rest have been slackers (though everypony knows that we really are!), but because you've proven yourself time and again at every level. More than that, you're an awesome guy. That's the best part, honestly. Anyone can be taught how to push buttons and even how deliberate on forum stuff. But being a good person? You can't teach that. Thankfully, you've got it in spades. :)

So welcome aboard -- again!

• Brohoof 6

Congratulations Path! You've always been a super-friendly and open individual, always positive, calm, helpful...I'd go on, but I think I'll just echo the sentiments of what everyone's said so far. ;)
It was no surprise when I heard you're getting promoted, but it was very exciting~ You've done an amazing job as a mo-deer-ator and a team lead, I'm 100% certain you'll do just as amazing if not more as an admin! :)

Plus, all sections now get the deer puns, woohoo!

• Brohoof 7

@Fresh Nonsense, I can begin to tell you what those words mean to me. I only try to act in the way I feel is best, which is from my better nature. It has and always will be a pleasure and honor to work side-by-side with you. ^^

And thanks to everyone for your kind words; I only hope I can fulfill that which is sought from me. We've gone through a very difficult stretch and likely more bumps will be ahead of us, but together we can whether this storm and I hope to install trust between all of us.

Thank you you for this opportunity to serve. :)

• Brohoof 10

I'm glad how this came up with Pathfinder with a blue highlight (rather than the purple highlight) when I visited the forum! So I'm proud of you deserving an admin for the community! :D Also, I know you're a Spyro fan, I know Spyro too from few years ago.

• Brohoof 4

I would be like everyone else and make a deer pun or two, but maybe instead I'll just offer my congratulations to PathfinderCS. You really deserve the position, and I hope you fit it well. 

• Brohoof 3

Leave it to me to be late!

Congratulations all the same, !

I'm all too sure that the road ahead won't be an easy one for you, but I have all the confidence that you'll make a great Community Admin!

Congratulations again!

• Brohoof 2