Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PonyOfWar

Greetings :D

This is some art of my friends and I Original Characters, they are all part of a fanfic I have been writing. Each of these ponies were created by a different friend of mine and well I thought this piece turned out so well I just needed to share it. I would love to hear what every pony thinks :) Who do you like best?

post-38650-0-98524100-1476920192_thumb.png

The Ponies belong to as followed:

Blue Pegasus belongs to PonyOfDespair

White Pegasus belongs to AkumaHunter

Black Unicorn belongs to Famine

Red Pegasus belongs to ME!

Purple Unicorn belongs to PonyofMadness

Grey Earth Pony and Art by Yukace

Brown Earth Pony belongs to LeagueOfDisaster.

Yes, these are my real life friends and some of our usernames are the same or similar...my friends are copy cats. Oh and yes I know about the mistake on War's wing lol no need to point it out >_<

Edited by PonyOfWar
  • Brohoof 3

Whel, this is just my own take on the aesthetics, so have at it what you will!

From top to bottom!

Not bad on the blue pegasus, has that angsty teen look that works well on 'im. Totally a "Ugh, let me read my book already" vibe, hee!

Think the red, bloody bruises and the radioactive symbol on the white pegasus are a bit much, but if there's a story behind that, then it goes fine. Kind of get a bit of a zebra vibe off 'em, dunno why. And if that's a mare, I am totally in love!

As for Mister ShadowHorse there, I'm sorry, all I can see is a gold-tinted Sombra.

As for the centerpiece, I don't mind if he's an alicorn, but there's a reason ya get warned away from black & red. Think most of that black is just armor, but those colors are far brighter then any natural hair or feather could be. Gives off a vibe he's some sort of magical avatar created out of pure war.

Green & yellow on pink isn't half bad. Heck, would fit right in as a background character in the show. But, blech, Murderpony & Gorehorse has been done far too many times to warrant the shock value it's clearly trying for.

Gasmane?...Does she suck souls into her hair and all that's a buncha eyes peeking out? I'd be hard pressed to think of any way to explain that look, heh.

Bottom most character, Disaster was it? Not bad, kinda Streetfighter-y & thuggish, but works well on him. Would stick out like a sore thumb in the cheeriness of the cannon Equestria, but I like the idea!

All in all, nothing bad about it, wouldn't ask ya to change anything even if you were to take the opinion of some random shmuck. Loooootta edge-iness to it, but as you said its a fanfic your working, I think that's kind of the point, lol!

• Brohoof 1

I clicked on the image... It zoomed in so much, that I thought my monitor would break. Such high resolution! Yay! But also, I was able to see the pink pony better... And I realise she/him have a set of beautiful pointy teeth. Marvelous! Would 100% hug at midnight in a dark alley. Was it made in Inkscape? It's clearly a vector image. Quite skillfull. Extremely well done ^_^ I love it!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Whel, this is just my own take on the aesthetics, so have at it what you will!

From top to bottom!

Not bad on the blue pegasus, has that angsty teen look that works well on 'im. Totally a "Ugh, let me read my book already" vibe, hee!

Think the red, bloody bruises and the radioactive symbol on the white pegasus are a bit much, but if there's a story behind that, then it goes fine. Kind of get a bit of a zebra vibe off 'em, dunno why. And if that's a mare, I am totally in love!

As for Mister ShadowHorse there, I'm sorry, all I can see is a gold-tinted Sombra.

As for the centerpiece, I don't mind if he's an alicorn, but there's a reason ya get warned away from black & red. Think most of that black is just armor, but those colors are far brighter then any natural hair or feather could be. Gives off a vibe he's some sort of magical avatar created out of pure war.

Green & yellow on pink isn't half bad. Heck, would fit right in as a background character in the show. But, blech, Murderpony & Gorehorse has been done far too many times to warrant the shock value it's clearly trying for.

Gasmane?...Does she suck souls into her hair and all that's a buncha eyes peeking out? I'd be hard pressed to think of any way to explain that look, heh.

Bottom most character, Disaster was it? Not bad, kinda Streetfighter-y & thuggish, but works well on him. Would stick out like a sore thumb in the cheeriness of the cannon Equestria, but I like the idea!

All in all, nothing bad about it, wouldn't ask ya to change anything even if you were to take the opinion of some random shmuck. Loooootta edge-iness to it, but as you said its a fanfic your working, I think that's kind of the point, lol!

Thanks for the comments I really appreciate any feedback, I think if I give out somemore info it might help explain some of the characters aesthetics.

Well the story is about the ponies of the apocalypse. However the biblical story has been altered to fit into the world of mlp. In a sense our versions are not biblical in any way.

Thus there are a few more ponies then just the four in the biblical story. The white pegasus is Pestilence, the black unicorn is Famine, the read pegasus is War and the Grey earth pony is death. Their colors as well as their aesthetics were based on the biblical versions.

War is not a alicorn, that horn is on his helmet :D And in all honestly when I designed him I tried to avoid the red and black since it has such a stigma in the community but the biblical war is described as those colors so I went with it. Tried red and orange or other firey colors but he never turned out looking any good.

And Madness isn't meant to shock anyone, he is just representing his element.

Death's hair is spirits, there is a story there.

The extra three ponis are: Disaster, Despair and Madness respectively. The rules about having extra was that they needed to relate in someway to the theme.That was what we decided when my friends and I decided to do this.

However the story isnt like anything you might think based on what has been said. The goal was to make it very logical, down to earth and to take a edgy topic and portraye it in a good way.

Honestly the ponies probably do not act anything like how you expect either, we are breaking a lot of cliche stereotypes with these. Oh and I might mention they are none special god like characters either. They are not in Equestria to bring about an apocalypse or anything. We were a little more creative and realistic then that ;)

They are all Stallions, yes even Death, he was meant to look fiminie. I will be sure to tell Pest you though he was a hot mare though! All these OCs were designed by different people with a theme or biblical pony in mind the only one of my own desgin is War.

Well that's all I have time for might be back later. Thanks for the feed back.

Sorry on a strange new phone I can't type on so my words are crazy.

Edited by PonyOfWar

Well the story is about the ponies of the apocalypse. However the biblical story has been altered to fit into the world of mlp. In a sense our versions are not biblical in any way.

The extra three ponis are: Disaster, Despair and Madness respectively. The rules about having extra was that they needed to relate in someway to the theme.That was what we decided when my friends and I decided to do this.

However the story isnt like anything you might think based on what has been said. The goal was to make it very logical, down to earth and to take a edgy topic and portraye it in a good way.

Honestly the ponies probably do not act anything like how you expect either, we are breaking a lot of cliche stereotypes with these. Oh and I might mention they are none special god like characters either. They are not in Equestria to bring about an apocalypse or anything. We were a little more creative and realistic then that

Hmm...Do seem to remember someone having done a pony version of the Seven Deadly Sins in the same kind of manner. They were their own personalities & everything & weren't exactly there to kill everybeing or nothing. Can't remember for the immortality of me what it was actually called but they went & made a whole, like, audio drama and whatnot that's likely floating around YouTube somewhere. Sure, there's the risk of someone callin' ya out on it & saying its been done before, but I can tell you got your whole own chimichanga to work off of here!

Trouble is, what with there being six of you, your kinda edging into each others' territory a bit. Were it not for it also being the name he goes by, I couldn't tell you what Famine is, he's a little too close to Death's motif of being a gassy black horse.....Wait, no, not like that!

Famine is sort of a very vague notion in this day of modern convenience. Seem to remember some rendition of him that was treated like Gluttony usually is, some big fat guy who's takin' everybeing's food all the time. Not unlike a plague of locusts or somesuch. But if you made him a disease reference, then he'd dip into Petilience's territory...Wanna like Famine, but I can't think of anyway to make his parallel any clearer, myself.

Know ya said it was aimin' for anti-edgy, but Madness is currently covered in somepony elses blood. You keep an eye on 'im, Misskalang!

One would think, that where there's war, there'd be some sort of general disaster. One'd lead to the other I assume....Ooh! Can we ship you?!!?

War is not a alicorn, that horn is on his helmet :D And in all honestly when I designed him I tried to avoid the red and black since it has such a stigma in the community but the biblical war is described as those colors so I went with it. Tried red and orange or other firey colors but he never turned out looking any good.

Weeell, there ain't nothing wrong with alicorns in my book anyway. It isn't so much the stigma alone that makes red & black a no-go, its just very little budgeroom. Mind you, I get most of my pony aesthetics off of the Your OC Sucks series on YouTube & they say themselves they're just five friends gabbin' at each other with hardly any professional artistry between them, but I find most of it holds true. Personally, (Ponily? Druhkonnequessonidly?)  never liked gradients or two-tone wings, but I am working on a Red Horse of my own too. You don't want, like road-paving-tar black or bright jungle macaw red, something more natural looking that'd you'd kind of half expect on a furred critter. Know there's a few black stallions i've seen play bit parts on the show that are quite dark themselves & it don't look half bad.  I'd say more of a brick dust, or rust-red or a sort of...scabby, dried-blood kind of greyish-red maybe? Yeh. I'd keep the black bits to the armor, but think you're totally rocking the wingtips there, bruh.

They are all Stallions, yes even Death, he was meant to look fiminie.

Hah! Yeah! He totally has that sultry look to him that's rather befitting Death!

....W-wait....

All of them?.....So then she's a...

Ah, who am I kidding! Androgyny only makes it better! Pestilence is my Boo! Cute Lil' black sooty snoot & that Discord-may-care attitude!

Though...maybe a pants-less stallion oughtn't be slouching backwards like that. Not that I'm complaining, Heee!

Have a sudden urge to listen to Britney's  Toxic.

I clicked on the image... It zoomed in so much, that I thought my monitor would break. Such high resolution! Yay! But also, I was able to see the pink pony better... And I realise she/him have a set of beautiful pointy teeth. Marvelous! Would 100% hug at midnight in a dark alley. Was it made in Inkscape? It's clearly a vector image. Quite skillfull. Extremely well done ^_^ I love it!

Thank you, I am glad you enjoy madness, and his creator is to. ^_^

Hmm...Do seem to remember someone having done a pony version of the Seven Deadly Sins in the same kind of manner. They were their own personalities & everything & weren't exactly there to kill everybeing or nothing. Can't remember for the immortality of me what it was actually called but they went & made a whole, like, audio drama and whatnot that's likely floating around YouTube somewhere. Sure, there's the risk of someone callin' ya out on it & saying its been done before, but I can tell you got your whole own chimichanga to work off of here!

Trouble is, what with there being six of you, your kinda edging into each others' territory a bit. Were it not for it also being the name he goes by, I couldn't tell you what Famine is, he's a little too close to Death's motif of being a gassy black horse.....Wait, no, not like that!

Famine is sort of a very vague notion in this day of modern convenience. Seem to remember some rendition of him that was treated like Gluttony usually is, some big fat guy who's takin' everybeing's food all the time. Not unlike a plague of locusts or somesuch. But if you made him a disease reference, then he'd dip into Petilience's territory...Wanna like Famine, but I can't think of anyway to make his parallel any clearer, myself.

Know ya said it was aimin' for anti-edgy, but Madness is currently covered in somepony elses blood. You keep an eye on 'im, Misskalang!

One would think, that where there's war, there'd be some sort of general disaster. One'd lead to the other I assume....Ooh! Can we ship you?!!?

Weeell, there ain't nothing wrong with alicorns in my book anyway. It isn't so much the stigma alone that makes red & black a no-go, its just very little budgeroom. Mind you, I get most of my pony aesthetics off of the Your OC Sucks series on YouTube & they say themselves they're just five friends gabbin' at each other with hardly any professional artistry between them, but I find most of it holds true. Personally, (Ponily? Druhkonnequessonidly?)  never liked gradients or two-tone wings, but I am working on a Red Horse of my own too. You don't want, like road-paving-tar black or bright jungle macaw red, something more natural looking that'd you'd kind of half expect on a furred critter. Know there's a few black stallions i've seen play bit parts on the show that are quite dark themselves & it don't look half bad.  I'd say more of a brick dust, or rust-red or a sort of...scabby, dried-blood kind of greyish-red maybe? Yeh. I'd keep the black bits to the armor, but think you're totally rocking the wingtips there, bruh.

Hah! Yeah! He totally has that sultry look to him that's rather befitting Death!

....W-wait....

All of them?.....So then she's a...

Ah, who am I kidding! Androgyny only makes it better! Pestilence is my Boo! Cute Lil' black sooty snoot & that Discord-may-care attitude!

Though...maybe a pants-less stallion oughtn't be slouching backwards like that. Not that I'm complaining, Heee!

Have a sudden urge to listen to Britney's  Toxic.

I have actually never heard of that particular story, sounds interesting and something I should look into but maybe after I finish mine ^_^ I would rather not run into parallel because while there is a chance people will say we are similar that might be okay if it's pure coincidence. However if I read it and then something is similar it would feel like copying. Though while we hover around similar topics I do not yet know if the stories or ponies themselves are similar. Here is to hoping they will not be in the long run >_<

Famines creator the one also going by Famine on this site did have the most trouble when designing his OCs appearance for many of the reasons you mention. It's hard to convey famine without making him to close the either death or pestilence. He was the last one to be finished and the only notable biblical famine quality is that he is black, and that we have locusts as his cutie mark. That of course is only appearance however, a real character is more about personality anyways and they are very developed in that area. Though I will not say all of them are predictable, as in they don't act like what someone would think. Famine it's self is hard to stereotype. I have seen it portrayled like gluttony, a heavey pony that eats a lot or everything and I have seen the starving pony who is weak and is always starving but can't seem to gain weight or quench his hunger.

Madness' edgy-ness yeah you can take that up with his creator XD even though War is black and red his personality is very much the opposite of edgy so I take some pride in that.

....and wait are you saying ship War and Disaster?! By Celestia golden sun!!!

I also watch the your OC suck series :) but I was an art major so I do know a few things about art XD I can see what you mean about the red not looking like a natural hair color red. Honestly his fur color fluctuates from picture to picture, I do think this red was taken from my avatar which looks less bright in it due to the lightened back ground when compared to this piece. Heck it's ponies I have seen some crazy colored OCs so I consider War pretty tame. Those guys do have a lot against gradient hair, but at least it's not space hair. People also don't like it when someone doesn't have a reason for picking such a feature, I picked this pattern with a purpose. I wanted to simulate burning wood, the chard black under the fallen Ash along with the flames. I felt it flowing from one to the next was a lot more fluid when chunks of color.

Lol Pest does as Pest pleases :D you do have a few personalities figured out >_< Pest is a pretty relaxed character...in most circumstances. And Disaster is on the spot, he is a very punk like street fighter type as LeagueOfDisaster, the only other one of us who seems to want to show themselves can tell you. Attempts were made to covey some aspect of their element or personality with their expressions and poses in this piece.

The only notable Biblical quality? No, not really. Not by Wikipedia's standards anyhow.

Mind you, don't want to go about telling you what you could do. I'm sure the characters are the way they are for the point of the story you aim to make. Which reminds me, do let us know when you get done making it as I would genuinely like to hear how it goes!

What Wikipedia said about the quote from the bible, and mind you I've not cracked The Book open since an eternity, said that the symbol for Famine was a set of golden scales. The only one of the four horsemen to actually get a supposed speaking role. Something about divvying up barley & wheat but leaving the oil untouched. Something to the effect of prices going up on food so high that an entire day's wage only got one loaf of bread per person whilst the oil was kept only for religious purposes. Seemed like more of a take on economics rather then a natural disaster striking crops, but that's the catch about the bible; everyone has their own countless interpretations.

From this I get the sort of sense of Famine being a sort of skinny, shrewd business man. The same way one tends to see demons portrayed as in modern media. Your Famine does seem to have some rather bright, yellow eyes.

But. I am only going by what you've put into your picture. I look forward to your story, and if there's any character synopses over on the roleplay/character list.

(edited)

The only notable Biblical quality? No, not really. Not by Wikipedia's standards anyhow.

Mind you, don't want to go about telling you what you could do. I'm sure the characters are the way they are for the point of the story you aim to make. Which reminds me, do let us know when you get done making it as I would genuinely like to hear how it goes!

What Wikipedia said about the quote from the bible, and mind you I've not cracked The Book open since an eternity, said that the symbol for Famine was a set of golden scales. The only one of the four horsemen to actually get a supposed speaking role. Something about divvying up barley & wheat but leaving the oil untouched. Something to the effect of prices going up on food so high that an entire day's wage only got one loaf of bread per person whilst the oil was kept only for religious purposes. Seemed like more of a take on economics rather then a natural disaster striking crops, but that's the catch about the bible; everyone has their own countless interpretations.

From this I get the sort of sense of Famine being a sort of skinny, shrewd business man. The same way one tends to see demons portrayed as in modern media. Your Famine does seem to have some rather bright, yellow eyes.

But. I am only going by what you've put into your picture. I look forward to your story, and if there's any character synopses over on the roleplay/character list.

I can see were you are coming from and it is a pretty good idea but alas it wouldn't work with the story setup. The plot follows a unicorn scientist who seeks the power to create life in order to eventually work his way to god hood. These OCs are the results of his efforts. Of course it's more complicated then what I am writing here and would take a while to discuss fully, which is why a fanfic was in order.

I do have the first chapter posted, if you would be interested I wouldn't mind your opinion. However like with all good stories not all the answers are shared in the first chapter, so if things don't seem complete that is why. Also the first chapter is mostly for setup so their personalities are not fully developed in such a short amount of time. More of their individually will be shown as it goes along. I am in search of an editer, don't get me wrong the story is readable, but mistakes are there and finding an editor is proving challenging. Had a guy attempt but he left behind mistakes as well as created some of his own. I have been putting off writing it for a while now due to an issue I ran into with a person who will go unnamed, they pretty much have kept me off FIMfiction for a while.

If you are looking for character profiles here I am the only one with one. I have been role playing as War here and there so I thought I should have one. The others are role players but haven't really been participating in the pony community.

Edited by PonyOfWar