Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think Season seven's plot will be?

Unlikeable Pony

So, here's a question; Usually each season has at least a minor meta-plot: Season 4 had the box, Season 5 had starlight stalking twilight in the background, season 6 had the changelings...

What do you think the overarching meta-plot for Season 7 will be?

I'm thinking Chrysalis vs Starlight.  They set it up towards the end, and it sparks my imagination:

• Will she do it herself, or will she enlist the help of a new race of vile creatures in lieu of her changeling army?
  • When this ultimately fails, will we see the show's third villain reformation?

I'm thinking Chrysalis vs Starlight.  They set it up towards the end, and it sparks my imagination:

• Will she do it herself, or will she enlist the help of a new race of vile creatures in lieu of her changeling army?
  • When this ultimately fails, will we see the show's third villain reformation?

Could be Starlight vs Chrysalis, something leading up to the movie, no plot at all, or something we'll never think of. It's too early to really know.

I've been thinking of what season 7 might be like, and of course, I'm most likely wrong, but what if the Chrysalis vs. Starlight thing is just gonna be a set up for the main plot? I think Scorpan and Tirek might come back. The Mane Six discover Scorpan, and Chrysalis breaks Tirek out of prison to use him for revenge; and the Chrysalis vs. Starlight thing would just be a subplot to that main story. That's just my guess. Probably too complicated for this show.

• Brohoof 1

I've been thinking of what season 7 might be like, and of course, I'm most likely wrong, but what if the Chrysalis vs. Starlight thing is just gonna be a set up for the main plot? I think Scorpan and Tirek might come back. The Mane Six discover Scorpan, and Chrysalis breaks Tirek out of prison to use him for revenge; and the Chrysalis vs. Starlight thing would just be a subplot to that main story. That's just my guess. Probably too complicated for this show.

I think bringing Tirek back might be more trouble than it's worth.  As was seen in the show, it took him nearly two seasons (about two years) just to acquire the strength to suck the magic out of a pony.  The only use he'd have would perhaps be advice on how to deal with the Mane 6, since he demonstrated quite a bit of intelligence in the way he seduced Discord and then defeated Twilight.

I think bringing Tirek back might be more trouble than it's worth.  As was seen in the show, it took him nearly two seasons (about two years) just to acquire the strength to suck the magic out of a pony.  The only use he'd have would perhaps be advice on how to deal with the Mane 6, since he demonstrated quite a bit of intelligence in the way he seduced Discord and then defeated Twilight.

Bringing Tirek back alone, yeah, that would cause alot of issues. But introducing Scorpan in the series - that might make an interesting plot! Scorpan could say he's been watching the Mane Six's progress since the beginning, and knows that they've been reforming villains, and perhaps he thinks they can teach him how to reform Tirek so they can reunite! That's just the plot though, the climax... well that's up for the writers to decide! ;)

Whatever the next story-arc is, I'd like to believe it's something substantial.

Equestria has been patching up it's foreign relations and gaining new allies, the map has been used to resolve several smaller conflicts through out Equestria, and several members of the mane 6 are achieving their dreams. Despite some isolated incidents, things have been going pretty well for our protagonists. So, it only makes sense that something should come along to disrupt the status quo. The fact that Chrysalis came back and escaped (in addition to how continuity heavy the show has become lately) indicates that it's possible for any past villain to make a return.

It feels like they're building up to something BIG. Couldn't tell you what, though.

• Brohoof 1

I think they should delay Chrysalis' vengeance. Give her time to cook up something good. The plot should, in my humble bumble opinion, focus on developing some characters. Or, as was mentioned, introducing a new bad boi or even a new race or something with dragons. I don't personally want anymore friendship problems.

I really want alicorn lore expanded. They were going to do it in the movie at first. Now it's sea ponies. This might me the final season, so might as well do it now

I would like some Alicorn lore as well since Celestia and Luna have been getting the short end of the stick lately.

I really want alicorn lore expanded. They were going to do it in the movie at first. Now it's sea ponies. This might me the final season, so might as well do it now

I think it'll still be alicorn lore; the sea ponies are who they have to go to to get information about the incoming threat due to how old it is, Who's to say its not an alicorn related threat (either a being that the alicorns defeated in the past or a rogue alicorn like the original plot) and the sea ponies are the only race that existed in the past when alicorns roamed equestria?

Hell, the seaponies origin might even be like the Naga from Warcraft and they were unicorns ponies once that had to magically flee into the sea to escape the villains and thus lived there when the alicorns did too.

I dunno, I still think we will get something that will lead up into the film. Nothing overly dramatic or anything of the sort,,, just little hints and dangling threads.. then the movie will tie them all up.

With S4 they did the box thing by introducing us to it in the premier and then teasing us through the season and tying it up at the finale.

In S5... Starlight does the premier, and has like what... 2 cameos that she is stalking Twilight? (I could be wrong) but I did not get the same feeling of a "theme" for the season overall.

And S6 I got no feeling of any sort of theme at all unless you want to count Starlight carrying over and having breakdowns every other episode.

Really IMO it will depend on what we get for the premier... I mean we could get something completely off the wall and unexpected for all I know. But I just think with them wanting to say this will be the biggest year yet for MLP (their words) they will want to really make it tie a lot of things together and feel BIG. So a strong season with some interesting plots, and a good finale that cleans up the season, but leaves a little something on the table to wonder about, and then hit us with the film to blow it all open, and then deal with the ramifications in S8.

I could be completely wrong obviously, but it just feels highly likely to me. I think we will have a better understanding once we get something known about the premier for S7.

Starlight VS Chrysalis seems the obvious route for this.

I mean they set it up ever so perfectly in the season finale.

If they don't have this then I'm gonna be surprised.  

What's the end game if they did go with Starlight vs Chrysalis? If this is meant to build to Chrysalis reforming, they already had Starlight having an emphatic moment with Chrysalis after she was defeated and at her lowest, offering her friendship and forgiveness which Chrysalis refused. Doing that same thing again for the season 7 finale is kind of just dragging that plot point out and pulling the trigger after you already had an emotionally appropriate point to do so in the past.

What's the end game if they did go with Starlight vs Chrysalis? If this is meant to build to Chrysalis reforming, they already had Starlight having an emphatic moment with Chrysalis after she was defeated and at her lowest, offering her friendship and forgiveness which Chrysalis refused. Doing that same thing again for the season 7 finale is kind of just dragging that plot point out and pulling the trigger after you already had an emotionally appropriate point to do so in the past.

Wouldn't that have been too fast? It seems like if they had chose to reform her then a lot a people would be saying it felt rushed, they would compare it to Sunset shimmer, and Starlight glimmer (though to be honest she hadn't felt rushed to me.) 

For all we know the writers might have seen such comments and are trying the slow approach this time. 

I don't know how they're going to do it, if they do reform her. But I'm sure they'll think of something.

But then again, the last time we saw her it took forever for her to show up again.

I don't know. 

Wouldn't that have been too fast? It seems like if they had chose to reform her then a lot a people would be saying it felt rushed, they would compare it to Sunset shimmer, and Starlight glimmer (though to be honest she hadn't felt rushed to me.) 

For all we know the writers might have seen such comments and are trying the slow approach this time. 

I don't know how they're going to do it, if they do reform her. But I'm sure they'll think of something.

But then again, the last time we saw her it took forever for her to show up again.

I don't know. 

The issue of villains reforming too quickly doesn't seem to hold since all the other changelings still quickly reformed. Not to mention given how far in advance these episodes are written, I don't think the season 5 finale aired before they started writing the season 6 finale, so they wouldn't have seen comments on Starlight yet.

And if there heard complaints about villains reforming too fast, they would have also heard about them reforming too many villains period. If it was to address anything, Chrysalis rejection of friendship seemed to be to allow us to keep one major villain without reforming them.

The issue of villains reforming too quickly doesn't seem to hold since all the other changelings still quickly reformed. Not to mention given how far in advance these episodes are written, I don't think the season 5 finale aired before they started writing the season 6 finale, so they wouldn't have seen comments on Starlight yet.

And if there heard complaints about villains reforming too fast, they would have also heard about them reforming too many villains period. If it was to address anything, Chrysalis rejection of friendship seemed to be to allow us to keep one major villain without reforming them.

It would have been pretty bad for their bottom line to reform Chrysalis right now given how they have the GOH series with her as one of the villain figures XD

Honestly, if GOH takes off, I could see them being forced by hasbro to slow down big villain reformations so they could have more characters to sell toys of. I mean, at this point they only really have Tirek to jump to.