Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Emerald Star's Crazy Adventure [Adventure/Slice of Life/Possibly dark?]

EmeraldStar04

An average-looking brown wagon pulled by a brown Earth Pony took a pony in a black cloak to the town of Ponyville. His cloak's hood was coloured green, and it had a purple rim. "Thank you very much." The pony said, his voice male, a bag of bits floating out of his cloak in the purple glow of his magic and depositing itself in the wagon.

"Wow... I saw pictures of this place, but it didn't have a castle like that." The cloaked pony admitted.

"Ok then. Thanks for the tip!" The wagonpony said and ran off, and the cloaked Pony walked towards Ponyville, looking around for the first pony he could talk to. The town certainly was lively...

He found a random pony, a mint-green one with white and green hair. "Excuse me?" The cloaked pony asked. "I'm Emerald Star.,

"Ooo, nice cloak!" She said cheerfully. "I'm Lyra, by the way."

"Thank you. I'm looking for Twilight Sparkle, does she live around here?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Really? Where is she?"

"You see that big crystal castle over there?" Lyra asked, pointing at the Castle of Friendship.

"Does she work for whoever owns that place?"

"She lives in it! She's Princess Twilight Sparkle, princess of friendship!"

A purple glow came from the cloaked pony, and it enveloped the Unicorn for a moment. "Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"Yeah, she really became a Princess. Could you believe it? That little bookworm from Canterlot's all grown up." Lyra said happily.

"...Ok then. By the way, that truth spell will wear off in a few minutes." The cloaked figure said, walking to the Crystal Castle. When he made it there, he knocked the door, and Spike opened it.

"You're a Dragon!" Emerald noticed in surprise.

"Yeah, and you're a pony. Can I help you?" Spike asked.

"Uh... yeah. Sorry, let me start over. Ahem... Good morning. My name is Emerald Star, and I need to see Twilight Sparkle." Emerald Star said.

"Are you here to fix the bathroom?" Spike asked.

"No, but I can do that anyway if you want." He admitted.

"Can you take your hood down?"

"Oh, of course! How rude of me! Sorry." Emerald Star said, and he used the purple light of his magic to pull his hood down. He was a handsome and bright solid green Unicorn, with a white mane similar in colour to Princess Celestia that stuck up, out, and then in, in sort of a diamond shape. His eyes were purple, but not just any purple, they were the exact same colour as Twilight's eyes. In fact, watching him look at him with them was kind of creepy. He used his magic to unfasten a part of his cloak's back, letting the cloak's two tails hang freely like a longcoat's tails and revealing his long tail with a diamond-shaped end, about the length of Rarity's tail, and his flanks, which showed his Cutie Marks. His Cutie Mark was a big white comet speeding toward his front, with a white mach cone and purple flames around it.

"Uh... Ok then." Spike said, and called Twilight down. "TWILIGHT! SOMEPONY WANTS TO SEE YOU!"

Twilight teleported down, and smiled at the new pony. "Hello!"

He'd been given a picture of Twilight Sparkle, but... He brought out a small photo of Twilight, and looked at the real Twilight. The beautiful Alicorn in front of him looked so different from the tiny filly engrossed in her book, but at the same time, so similar...

"Hi! Um... I'm Emerald Star, and I-I-I-I... I... C-can I talk to you in private?" Emerald Star asked.

"What's this about?" Twilight asked, concerned.

"Um... Stuff. Really important stuff." Emerald said, teleporting into the building and closing the doors behind him.

"Woah, did you just teleport?" Spike gasped.

"How long did it take you to learn that?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I had a great teacher, and I saw it done really well, so... about three seconds."

"You learned how to teleport from me?" Twilight asked.

"Yep! I'm really good at learning new things. Any spell cast in front of me is practically an open book!" Emerald bragged, and cast a spell on himself Twilight recognized as a truth spell. "Anyway, um... About the stuff... You know how your great grandfather was a great magician that travelled the land of Equestria in search of rare books, and he had a lot of crazy adventures?"

"Yes?" Twilight asked.

"Well, uh... your great grandfather... also, uh... had me." Emerald Star admitted, looking down.

"We're related?" Twilight asked in shock.

"I mean he didn't have me, he had the pony that became my grandfather, who had the pony who became my father, who had me. With my mother. Who heard about you becoming a Princess, and..."

"She wanted to send my cousin over to ask for money or political favors?" Twilight asked suspiciously.

"No!" Emerald insisted. "No, we're doing fine on our own. She heard about you becoming a princess, and she thought that if you could make friends and become the Princess of friendship, then anyone could make friends here, even me!"

"You don't have a lot of friends back home?" Twilight asked.

"Must be a family tradition." Spike snarked, and Emerald laughed, to his surprise.

"About as much a tradition as having an assistant is." Emerald said, tapping his hoof. A white rabbit jumped out from under his cloak, wearing a tiny gold dog collar with a purple gemstone. It flashed, and the rabbit turned into a beautiful white mare with pink eyes, a short pink mane, a white cotton tail, and rabbit ears instead of pony ears, the collar growing with her so it'd still fit like a dog collar.

"Woah." Spike said, impressed, his jaw dropping.

"'Woah' is correct, dear." She said in amusement, closing his mouth for him. "I'm Emerald Meadow, number one personal assistant to the greatest wizard of all time."

"Greatest of all time? Oh please." Spike scoffed. "Twilight could beat Emerald any time, any place."

"Oh, really?" Emerald Meadow asked, and laughed.

"Yeah!" Spike yelled.

"Oh, I just remembered!" Emerald Star said, and his horn lit up. He got a bunch of photographs out of his cloak, and showed them to her. They were blurry and they looked water damaged, and they were in pure black and white... but in each one, she made out the faintest outline of a pony. She couldn't tell if it was a mare or stallion, but the pictures looked really sinister. "You know that spell that lets you see just enough of the future so you know what horrible thing to prepare for, but not enough of the future for time to mess you up and make you cause that horrible thing?"

"Yes?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Emerald Star smiled. "Things are about to get crazy."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...