What did you think of the finale?  

218 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it!

• No; that was just shameful!
    • Not really, just another dud.
    • Meh; neutral.
    • It was pretty cool; seen better tho.
    • THAT WAS MEGA EPIC!!! <3

Just one thing keeps bugging me: Thorax did not speak a word within like the final 5 minutes, which is pretty weird to say the leadt, considering he and all the others just got an art update

• Brohoof 2

"A Draconequus with magic AND half a brain might help"

"Well i definitely miss you being able to DISAPPEAR"

"How about you say Klutzy and I say Draconequus?"

"It is absolutely ridiculous that that worked"

"You got us this far with just my illusions and Discord's annoying personality"

Sassy Trixie is best Trixie! Only she could make Discord the butt of the joke for an entire episode. I also love the little rivalry she has with Twilight and how much she gets on her nerves, she definitely stole the show this time  :orly:

• Brohoof 4

Just one thing keeps bugging me: Thorax did not speak a word within like the final 5 minutes, which is pretty weird to say the leadt, considering he and all the others just got an art update

They are probably trying to decide whether the new Thorax is going to sound like the old one or be given a new voice during the inter-season hiatus, which will make me feel sad if they do.

• Brohoof 1

Wow I guess Starlight is the new half-Twilight and half-Sunset Shimmer now...Gotta say I'm beginning to like her now since she has been reformed like Discord and Diamond Tiara at all.

They are probably trying to decide whether the new Thorax is going to sound like the old one or be given a new voice during the inter-season hiatus, which will make me feel sad if they do.

he got so much bigger that his cute voice might be out of place.

perhaps they'll need to have the VA speak in a slightly different voice, but I'd be surprised if they got a new VA.  

• Brohoof 1

he got so much bigger that his cute voice might be out of place.

perhaps they'll need to have the VA speak in a slightly different voice, but I'd be surprised if they got a new VA.  

Yeah, they're getting Blink 182's singer to do his voice.

edit:joke

Edited by Vlazamal
  • Brohoof 1

This was a pretty cool season finale. I really liked the dynamic between Trixie and Discord. On the topic of Trixie could she have been any cuter if she tried? I really liked her dream in which she was performing magic for peanut butter crackers that was a nice reference to EQG. As for the changeling reformation I thought that it was done nicely in that Chrysalis is still not reformed so there is yet hope for more shenanigans on her side. 

• Brohoof 1

Starlight is one of top 3 reasons i am hyped for season 7, dont mess it up, writers  :orly:

The interactions between 4 reformed antagonist (they called Thorax a reformed changeling so...) are fantastic, every of them has their role and did a good job as much as possible without their magic. The parallel between Starlight and Chrysalis is awesome, they are both dictators, their people are against them and they are hungry for revenge, and will Chrysalis be reformed? Time will tell. The new changeling designs are too colorful  :wacko: but at least they are not as bad as Rainbow forms, they are like Pony-Bug hybrid aliens to me. The solution is a little rush, but it didnt bother me as much, Thorax shows he can be a changeling without hunger all the time and his metamorphosis is the proof, if i am a hive-minded changeling, i will accept the evolution to be no more hungry for the rest of my life :o and we get the new pokemon.  If Chysalis transforms into a colorful giraffe, i will kill myself. :angry:

This finale beats Twilight's Kingdom, it utilizes characters really well, unlike Twilight's Kingdom, the mane 5 are just "there" to be captured,  trigger Rainbow Power and sing a song... ah i forgot, take a nice picture too. I rewatched both of them a dozen times, To Where make me watch it all and Twilght's Kingdom make me want to skip into the glorious battle scene, To Where give me an overall good experience and Twilight's Kingdom give me the shock value, which has been worn off for a long time. I rate episodes based on 8th or 10th watch, not first impression, sr Twilight's Kingdom :lol: 

There are 3 issues i have with this finale: The off-screen captures, Flurry Heart is useless and NO SONGS :angry:  However, my heart kick my criticism ass this time, because i truly feel good watching this finale with my best friend  :fluttershy:   

Here my finale ranking:

1. Canterlot Wedding
  2. Magical Mystery Cure
  3. To where and back again
  4. Cutie Remark
  5. Twilight's Kingdom
  6. Best Night Ever (It still one of my best all time episode, but this is a finale ranking so...  :maud:

Hum... Some people called this season the worst season. To me, Season 5 is like a armor-piercing bullet, can hit through body armor and covers, and Season 6 is a shotgun shell which is effective against human target (me) but cant penetrate body armor, AND I DIDNT WEAR ARMOR so... this season 6 still a hit  :sunshower: I think you guys understand what i mean. 

• Brohoof 1

The parallel between Starlight and Chrysalis is awesome, they are both dictators, their people are against them and they are hungry for revenge, and will Chrysalis be reformed? Time will tell.

This parallel is one of the reasons that make me think Chrysalis truly wanted the best for her people but was misguided. I know some said her refusal showed that she was truly evil, but I wouldn't say so. Just like Starlight wanted to bring happiness to the ponies in her village, Chrysalis wanted to provide her subjects with the only way she knew how to gain love.

Twilight came and showed them a new way => revolution.

Thorax came and showed them a new way => revolution.

And then Chrysalis fled, still unable to process all this and in complete denial - just like Starlight did. I think that's why they had Starlight try and reach out for her instead of anypony else.

PS: thanks Lambda, hadn't consciously realised this point at all until now :grin:

Chrysalis wanted to provide her subjects with the only way she knew how to gain love.

About Chrysalis, i dont know, she is kinda... sadistic, i dont think she is the same with Starlight...

And then Chrysalis fled, still unable to process all this and in complete denial - just like Starlight did. I think that's why they had Starlight try and reach out for her instead of anypony else.

I hope she isnt reformed  :twi: Not everyone can be changed, and this is a moral kids need to learn too. However, I just want ONE THING, whether Starlight can reform Chrysalis or not (i prefer not), I WANT A MUTAUL UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN STARLIGHT AND CHRYSALIS, they can still be enemy but they will understand each other (like Batman vs Joker) and have a mutual respect => if that happened, 11/10 for any episode featuring that shit.  :sneer: Sound like animes, huh? DHX, do it if you got balls!!!  :toldya:

Edited by Lambdadelta

About Chrysalis, i dont know, she is kinda... sadistic, i dont think she is the same with Starlight...

While it's true Chrysalis has shown some real sadism, this doesn't make it impossible for her to still have some goodness in her. It's unclear whether or not she knew about the Changeling's evolution, if she didn't...Well, then she's a queen of constantly hungry love-sucking insects.

If she thinks love has to be stolen and taken by force for them to properly eat, no wonder she's so tough. They're going to be making a lot of enemies that way that could be a danger to them, she has to run that whole kingdom and get them all fed. She doesn't have time to be nice to ponies or other races, they're food sources to her, she has to treat them like such.

As for her own changeling's, well a changeling like Thorax is a legitimate threat. He could tell ponies all about their secrets, like say...the throne? That one Changeling abandoning the hive put's her and the others at a huge risk. If Chrysalis saw stealing love as the only way, it would make perfect sense for her to be such a harsh queen.

Of course, it also seems like the power of ruling kinda went to her head and she became selfish, and she definitely does have a bit of sadism, so I'm not arguing she's all good and lovey on the inside, just that there could be more than we're seeing.

I hope she isnt reformed   Not everyone can be changed, and this is a moral kids need to learn too.

I was a bit mixed on the idea of her reforming, for a while I really liked it, then I didn't, now...I can see it going both ways. With how far down the evil path she's gone, reforming her could almost be considered the "Ultimate test" of the magic of Friendship, befriending and reforming even someone like Chrysalis. But, if they don't do it...I'm fine with that too, I just want to see some more of her. 

Edited by BasementGlimmer

I was a bit mixed on the idea of her reforming, for a while I really liked it, then I didn't, now...I can see it going both ways. With how far down the evil path she's gone, reforming her could almost be considered the "Ultimate test" of the magic of Friendship, befriending and reforming even someone like Chrysalis. But, if they don't do it...I'm fine with that too, I just want to see some more of her. 

Oh ho, you go both ways, eh? :toldya:

I don't know, it seems to me her reformation would mean that most wrongdoers, even the ones we think evil, are misguided or thought they had no other choice. There are truly evil ones in the sense that you can't exactly use diplomacy with them (Tirek comes to mind), but that's far from being the majority.

The source of most conflicts is misunderstanding or refusing to truly listen to what the other party has to say. There are of course conflicts caused with gain in sight, but had they available a means to do so (at least partially) without resorting to this, it'd have been in everyone's best interests. Diplomacy and discussion can go a long way - if the wrongdoing party is in a position to listen (losing kingdom anyone?). If they aren't, better talk to a mirror.

I know, maybe I'm naive but I'd rather be naive and hope for a better world than give up and participate in sustaining such a flawed world :please:

• Brohoof 1

Oh ho, you go both ways, eh?   I don't know, it seems to me her reformation would mean that most wrongdoers, even the ones we think evil, are misguided or thought they had no other choice. There are truly evil ones in the sense that you can't exactly use diplomacy with them (Tirek comes to mind), but that's far from being the majority.

When it comes to Chrysalis, I've never thought of her as being "Truly evil" in the way some villains are, not even in the comics portrayal of her. I think she has some care for her subjects at least, but in terms of reforming her, I think ponies might have a very tough time getting through to her, harder than possibly any of the other villains that have been reformed so far. Which is why I could see her potentially not being reformed. But I think reforming her would be a good choice, I think the potential challenge of that could be good.

I know, maybe I'm naive but I'd rather be naive and hope for a better world than give up and participate in sustaining such a flawed world

Nah, I'm with you there. Naive or not, I think it's better to try and help and befriend as many as you can, even if they don't seem to deserve it at times, I think that kind of tactic can work a lot better than people give it credit for and too often we aren't even willing to try, but if things with Chrysalis don't work out that way...I'll understand.

• Brohoof 1

This parallel is one of the reasons that make me think Chrysalis truly wanted the best for her people but was misguided. I know some said her refusal showed that she was truly evil, but I wouldn't say so. Just like Starlight wanted to bring happiness to the ponies in her village, Chrysalis wanted to provide her subjects with the only way she knew how to gain love.

Twilight came and showed them a new way => revolution.

Thorax came and showed them a new way => revolution.

PS: thanks Lambda, hadn't consciously realised this point at all until now :grin:

As much as I've grown to enjoy reformations on this show, I kinda hope Chrysalis doesn't get reformed... I've grown pretty fond of my interpretation of her as a tyrannical hothead, and she increasingly seems like the perfect villain for this show - I just love to hate her at this point. 

Unlike others, though, I wouldn't be upset if they did reform her. I like the aggressive use of reformations on this show lately; it feels... thematically appropriate. 

As much as I've grown to enjoy reformations on this show, I kinda hope Chrysalis doesn't get reformed... I've grown pretty fond of my interpretation of her as a tyrannical hothead, and she increasingly seems like the perfect villain for this show - I just love to hate her at this point. 

Unlike others, though, I wouldn't be upset if they did reform her. I like the aggressive use of reformations on this show lately; it feels... thematically appropriate. 

The best would be if they had her be a villain for a bit more time, exploit her as one before having her question herself but not be completely reformed yet. She'd still try to understand this new way of course, but not fully "convinced". Then in a two-parter, she tries to ally herself with a new enemy or lets them fight on their own...but ultimately, realising no good will come out of this, she saves the day by putting the interests of others before her people's and her own, triggering her transformation and earning her a new look.

I'm sure if handled well, her reformatin can be both believable and powerful. I'm trusting the MLP staff on that, they've already delivered much quality, so go them! :idea:

• Brohoof 2

He mentioned on Twitter that he's probably not returning for season 7. Think there's thread about that on here. Real shame, too - dude pretty consistently cranked out solid scripts.

I looked it up on EQD and it seems as though it is not confirmed so I hope he does not leave. 

Hey guys it's me so I was late to this discussion but I really did like the season 6 finale I really did it was a good change of pace and I'm dying to see what happens in season 7 I bet for the season 7 premiere it's going to be awesome anyway that's all I have to say what did you guys think of this see ya

Finally caught up this weekend and these episodes put me through the wringer a little.

I was really annoyed when from the start it became clear it was going to be another Starlight Glimmer episode. There's nothing wrong with her, but in my mind she's not a main character and I'm tired of the show forcing her on me and trying to make it a mane 7. 

When Trixie turned up I was even more underwhelmed and disappointed, as I usually like the seaosn finales, but I really liked where they took their turn. The changelings impersonating the mane 6 were a bit rubbish, as someone stated earlier, but once the four unlikely heroes teamed up and went on their mission I really, really liked it.

I also enjoyed that Queen Chrysallis didn't automatically turn good, because she is a big villain and it sometimes takes more than a speech about friendship and love to fix something. 

I've also seen people discussing the new changeling image, I think they were so beautiful! Really in line with the pony image, yet still regal and different enough, so lovely.  A shame as I love the sinsiter gothic-ness of the original design, but an amazing array of colour choices.

So all in all I was pretty chuffed by the end, and taking in to account it was an episode about secondary/minor characters, even more happy I liked it as much as I did!

I remember watching this finale when it was leaked early. After seeing it again, it was still an amazing finale. It was great seeing Starlight having to go back to the village and being afraid on being a leader. It was also great seeing Trixie and other characters return for the finale. The comedy was great in both finales and were pretty well done. Starlight's team was interesting, but I felt they could have had an even 6 for her own version of the mane 6. I'm surprised that Sunburst didn't join Thorax to go see Starlight, but it was still a pretty awesome team up, in my opinion. The changeling hive was awesome to see and how it worked. From only changeling magic being usable and different pathways opening up, it felt very fitting for the changelings. The Discord and group of Fluttershy scene was amazing and so cute. It felt very reminiscent of 'Too Many Pinkie Pies,' and I would hug all the Fluttershy. I liked how each member of Starlight's team was able to contribute into helping in saving the day. I also loved Discord's stand up routine to the changelings. It reminded me a lot of his stand up routine in 'Make New Friends, But Keep Discord.' At first when I saw the new look for the changelings, I wasn't sure what to think. Seeing the finale again, I have to say that they look really cool. I also like the different color schemes for each changeling. It makes them feel like their own character instead of looking exactly the same. I also loved Starlight's development in this finale. To me, it seemed like she would try solving all of her problems through magic. It was also great on her tackling the fear of being a leader after what she had done in the season 5 premier. Seeing her lead her team to the best of her abilities and her team giving her the confidence that she is a good leader was very well done. I'm also glad they didn't reform Chrysalis. I just feel that she doesn't need to be reformed, in my opinion. They only nitpick I have in the episode is how some characters knew other characters. Starlight knew Discord without them interacting once throughout this season. All in all, this was a pretty great finale and season 6 was a pretty good season as well. I'm very excited for season 7 and I look forward on what's to come for the next season of MLP. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have finally finished my review.

It felt difficult to see the season final for me.

I didn't want to look twice.

Not because I was bored, no far away from it.

But the Plot wasn't my kind of taste, sorry.

The characters were great, the scenery extraordinary,

but the Plotdesign was abysmal for me.

I have read better fanfictions.

If you want to, watch my review for more informations.

https://youtu.be/MSbdV48gSbI