218 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it!

• No; that was just shameful!
    • Not really, just another dud.
    • Meh; neutral.
    • It was pretty cool; seen better tho.
    • THAT WAS MEGA EPIC!!! <3

4 hours ago, Blobulle said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but recently we no longer see the mane 6 hesitating as much as Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord did in this episode.

For instance, at some point Starlight asks how they're going to destroy the throne, and insists "Any idea?? Nopony??", and nobody answers. We never see that with the mane 6.

It was Starlight's first time saving the day.

4 hours ago, Blobulle said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but recently we no longer see the mane 6 hesitating as much as Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord did in this episode.

For instance, at some point Starlight asks how they're going to destroy the throne, and insists "Any idea?? Nopony??", and nobody answers. We never see that with the mane 6.

You sure the Mane 6 were being overconfident in the past, and simply not making their plans up as they went?

5 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

You sure the Mane 6 were being overconfident in the past, and simply not making their plans up as they went?

At least it's the impression I had when watching this episode.

• 3 months later...

I think after the Season 3 Finally, this is my new favorite one. Not only is it great that we had a new Group of Heroes who saved the day, but the whole Episode was full of tension and was very exciting. The whole Transformation thing at the end was a little abrupt and happened more or less out of nowhere, with many of the Changelings just following Thorax example, like really? So, the Queen was the only real evil one? None of the Changelings were evil? They all just turn there back at Chrysalis? None of them feels a little loyal towards the queen and every single one of them wanted to have Friends? There is not a single evil Changeling in the World? Alright...

Im sad that Chrysalis didnt changed as well, i was really looking forward to her reformed Version, but i guess they want to keep her as a potential future villain, which is fine.

Overall, i still loved this Series Finale and its my favorite Two-Parter at the moment! Trixie became so much better, i liked Starlight anyway and Thorax is a really cool and cute Character, so there were 3 favorite Characters for me that saved the world, that was pretty great^^Despite the fact that i originally stopped watching Fim, because of Discord, i actually start to like Discord as well, he will never be even close to my favorites, but i like him now to.

Also Chrysalis felt so more scary, because she managed to capture pretty much everyone now. It was a great Final in my Opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt the queen will reform any time soon. Remember Thorax gave all the changelings friendship, including the queen, so that desire for friendship was probably just the friendship Thorax gave. The friendship was strong enough to reform almost all the changelings. For the queen, it only lasted a moment.

Edited by grotesque_figure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, Dune_Gosbil said:

I think after the Season 3 Finally, this is my new favorite one. Not only is it great that we had a new Group of Heroes who saved the day, but the whole Episode was full of tension and was very exciting. The whole Transformation thing at the end was a little abrupt and happened more or less out of nowhere, with many of the Changelings just following Thorax example, like really? So, the Queen was the only real evil one? None of the Changelings were evil? They all just turn there back at Chrysalis? None of them feels a little loyal towards the queen and every single one of them wanted to have Friends? There is not a single evil Changeling in the World? Alright...

Perhaps some of them were evil, but still didn't want to starve any more. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

This is my favorite two parter. The comedy is on point the entire time, the drama is compelling, and Chrysalis is actually threatening. 

My only issues are a few "talking to the camera" moments. Twilight looks straight at the camera in part 1 for some reason and in part 2, Thorax looks straight at the camera twice. One of those times Thorax explains a trick that everyone there should've already known. It feels like he's talking right at the kids watching.

Score: 10/10

9 hours ago, bigbertha said:

My only issues are a few "talking to the camera" moments. Twilight looks straight at the camera in part 1 for some reason

I remember that scene and it's actually a just an awkward set of camera angles. She is really looking directly at Spike. Watch the scene again. Spike drags the stool away from the door to the left. Then Starlight and Twilight begin talking in front of what looks like the entrance corridor but in actuality is a side corrider. Notice how Starlight comes in from the right (or the front door) so Twilight is watching Spike walk down the other side corridor. The entrance corridor is really behind them when we are seeing Twilight from the front and then when Rainbow Dash interrupts them and Twilight runs off you see Spike run in from off screen on the left from the side corridor he was positioned in. A little disorienting but the framing is correct.

• 3 months later...

A really nice finale featuring secondary characters! Considering how Starlight has been playing a huge role in all of the recent 2-parters, it seems like the writers are really pushing Starlight as a major character. After her first appearance in season 5, she has been the core part of the story in all the 2-parters. At this point, I think she might be a more influential character than some members of the mane 6.

I liked the story, especially the ending. I found the begging a bit boring, though. Watching Trixie and Discord have meaningless quarrels felt like a waste of time. I wanted to see the mane 6 do something this episode, so I would've preferred a scene about that instead.

Hooray for the new leader of the changelings, Thorax! I wonder how they'll change as a species.:mlp_xJpg51C:

+By the way, why didn't crysalis use the anti-magic stone back in season 3?

Edited by qwerE

• 3 months later...

I like this two parter, but mostly for part 2. Part 1 starts out fine, but the Changelings capturing Twilight and the others doesn't make sense because when Starlight gets back, the Changelings there are portrayed as incompetent in their jobs. Starlight and Trixie are able to walk right into the castle at night and see the Changelings reveal themselves. Apparently they got no direction from Chrysalis on how the mane six act since they're so bad at it. Even the Twilight Changeling, while being better than the rest, still gives advice that makes it clear that this isn't the real Twilight. With them being so bad at their jobs, how did they even capture the main six in the first place? And why did Chrysalis capture Spike, but not Starlight. She says that she didn't think it was worth capturing Starlight, so why was it worth it to capture Spike? All of these questions make part 1 less enjoyable since it's focused on exposition for the most part. Not everything is bad in part 1, like Starlight's internal conflict and Trixie being really fun, but in terms setting up the story, it's not very good.

Part 2 on the other hand is much more fun. Now that all of the story stuff is out of the way, part 2 is able to focus more on the dynamics between the characters and Starlight's internal conflict, AKA the best parts of part 1. Trixie and Discord have funny banter and everyone works well together. The constant tension keeps things interesting the whole way through, all culminating in the meeting with Queen Chrysalis where she's at her most threatening. There's also Starlight's internal conflict which, while not as good as Twilight's in A Canterlot Wedding, is good enough to give some substance to the adventure and Trixie's speech to her is sweet.

The ending does sour things a little though. I get why the other Changelings decide to follow Thorax's example. Thorax isn't hungry anymore and the Changelings don't want to be constantly starving. Simple stuff. The problem I have is how the other Changelings are able to shoot the love beams. Thorax being able to do it is believable enough since he does have love, but the other Changelings are constantly starving and that implies that they don't have a lot of love. Yet they're able to shoot beams just as powerful as Thorax's. Also that scene is way too cheesy for my tastes, especially the line, "I can feel the love inside me slipping away", which is by far the worst line of the season.

Overall though, this is a good episode. Sure, part 1 isn't that good, but it still has its fun moments. And the ending is underwhelming, but most of part 2 is really good. 

Score: 7/10

• 1 month later...

A really enjoyable finale with a fantastic combination of characters that play of each other fantastically. The fact that all the changelings  present reform at once is a bit off putting but otherwise everything was great, chrysalis was intimidating and the throne blocking all but changeling magic was a clever way making discord  seem less powerful as well as a smart move from chrysalis to eliminate dangerous creatures and powerful beings from taking over. I was relived that Chrysalis was not reformed here.  9\10

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
(edited)

Caught the episode again for a few minutes. One of the weakest parts of the second part is how quick the Changlings just accept Thorax as their new leader in a span of a few minutes of special effects and Celestia had to explain what just happened. This was right after Queen said Thorax  was a traitor to the hive. Seems odd why would the drones listen to either Thorax or Starlight. Sure the drones are always hungry but the Queen was keeping the Hive surviving for a long time.

Edited by Singe

• 8 months later...

The episode is a fairly interesting plot. Starlight goes away in time for the changelings to replace Twilight and her friends. Although how much is the changeling population? They could have tried to replace all of Equestria's ponies if they can however, they need some ponies to stay so those changelings can be loved - thus they can drain their magic. I like the idea of Starlight being the one to be the hero this time, an opposite to season 5. Although Discord's presence made it almost too easy...they poofed away to the changeling kingdom. Thorax to me is a very bland, uninteresting character. I wish he never existed. 

Only 3 heroes? I would have added Maud Pie, Suri Polomare and Coco Pommel to the list. We should have had more background pony spotlight and that would have been interesting to have those 3 included in part of this finale. I do quite like Discord's presence in this finale, funny as always, although if Discord was more reluctant to use his magic...what if he instead was more careless, letting the ponies figure out where the changeling kingdom is, and go there? Could have kept the first episode of the finale but subtract Thorax completely, the second would be them locating the changeling kingdom and dealing with the threats on the way there and really learning how to work as a team like Twilight and her friends did in season 1 against Nightmare Moon.

As for the whole other parts well, the multiple fluttershys around discord was kinda disturbing to be entirely honest. However, if we removed Thorax from the equation...maybe the finding a way in and around the changeling hive would be more interesting. Conversations between Muad and Suri Polomare...Starlight forming a plan while Discord just watches them...it'd evolve into something much better. I can see the events of inside the hive itself remaining the same, however when they are captured, lets say Maud enters before Chrysalis.

Maud said something about a stone that could drain magic from Equestria so someone could rule, right? Seems like something Chrysalis has. Maybe Maud says some rock puns, confusing Chrysalis and the others work on some other plan and this fails. Without Thorax there, the changelings never learn how to give love. How did they even know how if the only thing they know is how to feed on it? Seems a bit lacking on the writer's part there. 

There is another lesson to be had here. When Starlight, Trixie, Maud etc are all restrained infront of the Queen, I would have Starlight ask something like, "Why are you doing this, isn't there a better way?" and Chrysalis says something like, "How could there be!? This is how changelings are! This is how we always were and will always be!" 

Then it'd click in Starlight's mind that since the changelings are different creatures, they are incapable of giving love to others, and the Queen is the best leader they ever had since she rebuilt the hive since her first defeat and done all these other things to lead the hive as she did. Starlight and them would realize that not EVERYONE feels the same way as you do and not everyone is capable of what you are.

The lesson here is, sometimes you can't change someone no matter what you do or say and just have to accept it. I feel like once they would understand this, Starlight would accept this and say how they now know how it really is to be a changeling and all that, and Queen Chrysalis would be stunned. Queen Chrysalis would be awed that someone actually understood her ways and her kind's way of life! And reveal that the changelings were treated as monsters for just being what they are and that they can't change it. Because of this, the 'heroes' learn a real lesson and then Chrysalis willingly frees the others in exchange for some sort of shared deal between the changelings and pony kind.

Not really a reformation, more of an uneasy alliance sort of thing. If I would have them reformed, their holes would simply fill in and not be pastel colored horses.

2 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

She probably one punch it... Or sonic blow the living hell out of the stone...she is a pie after all...

Or she absorbs its power and becomes god and turns the changelings into stone.

• 3 months later...

Ok, now I know I've been away from here longer than I though, if I never said anything in here about this episode...

Of course I doubt anyone remembers me, but it won't be hard to figure out one thing...

This episode....

StarTrix fuel and Trixie helps save the damn world....

25/10 best damn episode in the entire series....and yes, I am massively biased.

• 1 month later...

I really like the season 6 ending. The plot is not very interesting it's also important in the development of the four characters which are the protagonists here.

It was interesting to see her Queen again with another plan to take over. And she really learned and improved her strategy. Make no mistakes she's indeed a dangerous villain and almost succeeded here. And while experience this episode the heroes feel really outnumbered and threatened.

This episode could have been improved by being more subtle on Thorax changed wings and a more extensive confrontation scene with her Queen at the end. But for this kind of show this more than I could ever hope for. For its target audience I was also really surprised how dark and also creepy this is.

Really great final of season 6 :)

Oh yes, this is the season finale where I completely quit this show. I remember the finale being mediocre at best and very forgettable at worst. The concept of Discord, Starlight, and Trixie, who are former villains, were on a mission to save the Mane 6 was....an interesting idea, to say the least. But the execution was just so dull and paint-by-numbers.

Chrysalis' comeback was cool, but eh, I just don't really care. She wasn't that memorable compared to Canterlot Wedding. Also, that little tease of her being reformed? I just wasn't feeling it.

Finally, the Changlings being redeemed is so cringe-worthy to me. Aren't they supposed to be Chrysalis' minions? How come they get redeemed and not Chrysalis? I don't get it.

After watching the season finale, I was like ''Yeah, I'm done with this show''. Season 6 was a complete disappointment. After such an amazing fifth season, Season 6 was taking a massive step backwards due to all of it's story and character problems that plague this season. That, and I was getting burned out on MLP after watching the series for about 4 or 5 years and decided to move on to other cartoons. Though, I do kinda regret it now because there are some genuinely good episodes in Season 7 that I would've love to watch back when it first came out. But that's not the point.

While the Season 6 finale was not as bad as some of the finales in Season 7-9, but it's not something that I wanna look back on ever again.

• Brohoof 1