What did you think of the finale?  

218 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it!

• No; that was just shameful!
    • Not really, just another dud.
    • Meh; neutral.
    • It was pretty cool; seen better tho.
    • THAT WAS MEGA EPIC!!! <3

Holy crap! This finale did the impossible! They made Trixie likable! I can't believe I'm saying this, but after watching this episode, I hope we get more of Trixie in the seventh season! About the only thing that I didn't like was the fact that all of the major characters were taken down off-screen, the design of the Changelings changed forms, and Discord. Sorry, i just don't like Discord as a good guy. I also really loved the image of Trixie riding on top of a pig, for some odd reason. About the only real problems were the resolution. This would've been a golden opportunity for the Changelings to rise up against Queen Chrysalis (who was written much better here than in "A Canterlot Wedding") like that episode of Powerpuff Girls, "Knock It Off." I could see it now: Starlight tells the Changelings about how they could share their love. They process this in their minds, then turn to Chrysalis asking, "You never gave us love? Where was our love?" Chrysalis backs away as they advance towards her, and then the Changelings take care of her for everypony somehow. Now that would've have been awesome, and don't tell me that they couldn't have done this because it would've been too dark for a kids' show. They've done dark stuff like this before. One other thing that I didn't like was Discord's reaction when he learns that the others have been kidnapped; he sits there with a bored look on his face, giving a yawn, and doesn't give much of a reaction until after he learns that Fluttershy has been captured. I know that he and Fluttershy are close, but hasn't it been firmly established within the show that he's friends not only with Fluttershy, but with the other main cast, including Princess Celestia? 

Edited by Smitty1038
  • Brohoof 1

Holy crap! This finale did the impossible! They made Trixie likable! I can't believe I'm saying this, but after watching this episode, I hope we get more of Trixie in the seventh season! About the only thing that I didn't like was the fact that all of the major characters were taken down off-screen, the design of the Changelings changed forms, and Discord. Sorry, i just don't like Discord as a good guy. I also really loved the image of Trixie riding on top of a pig, for some odd reason. About the only real problems were the resolution. This would've been a golden opportunity for the Changelings to rise up against Queen Chrysalis (who was written much better here than in "A Canterlot Wedding") like that episode of Powerpuff Girls, "Knock It Off." I could see it now: Starlight tells the Changelings about how they could share their love. They process this in their minds, then turn to Chrysalis asking, "You never gave us love? Where was our love?" Chrysalis backs away as they advance towards her, and then the Changelings take care of her for everypony somehow. Now that would've have been awesome, and don't tell me that they couldn't have done this because it would've been too dark for a kids' show. They've done dark stuff like this before. One other thing that I didn't like was Discord's reaction when he learns that the others have been kidnapped; he sits there with a bored look on his face, giving a yawn, and doesn't give much of a reaction until after he learns that Fluttershy has been captured. I know that he and Fluttershy are close, but hasn't it been firmly established within the show that he's friends not only with Fluttershy, but with the other main cast, including Princess Celestia? 

I like to believe Chrysalis does love her subjects. In fact, it's more or less proven - just like how Starlight believe in a flawed ideology, yet did love her fellow ponies. Both were eventually proven wrong in their ways and neither quite liked it either. So it'd be a bit "odd" in that order of things. It was more or less about to happen with everypony joining in the fun, except Starlight offered redemption so...so much for that. :-P

For Discord, imo he showed up knowing that Twilight and the other princesses had been captured, having overheard them talking. He then just goes to troll as usual, trying to annoy them - until he hears Fluttershy. He wasn't expecting her to be captured as well and that got to him.

That or Fluttercord is canon. :D   Sorry Tree Hugger.

just like how Starlight believe in a flawed ideology, yet did love her fellow ponies.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this one  :P In Cutie Map, she clearly showed no sign of hestitation to blow them up by her laser beam, which destroyed the bridge in few minutes ago, that why i still cant get over the song at the end of Cutie Remark...  how do those equal ponies can forgive her and give her a hug in such an incredibly short time... :wacko:

Edited by Lambdadelta

Sorry, I have to disagree with this one  :P In Cutie Map, she clearly showed no sign of hestitation to blow them up by her laser beam, which destroyed the bridge in few minutes ago, that why i still cant get over the song at the end of Cutie Remark...  how do those equal ponies can forgive her and give her a hug in such an incredibly short time... :wacko:

It was only at the very end, after she had lost their trust, her village, their cutie marks and finally, after all this chase, the Mane 6's cutie marks. She could have hurt them every time before that, but always chose to alter the environment instead. It's only when her anger level went over 9000 that she finally retaliated against them.

Oh, not to mention she could have easily hurt them when they were trying to break the glass wall of the cutie mark vault or even before that, when she darted into her own house. Anyway, compare this:

with how she blew up the bridge. When she did the latter, that was not hesitating. Here, she was clearly crossing her own lines but was too angry to care. And the spell she cast actually doesn't seem like it's a regular lazor beam. It seems like she was trying to get their cutie marks back again in lieu of the Mane 6's, because that's the one spell she studied for years, not the lazor beam nor the shield.

Now I will agree they coud have done a better job at showing it, as well as a better job with the apology trip. Imo, the apology should have occurred before the song, both would have had that much more impact.

• Brohoof 2

I wish Chrysalis was reformed, I liked how my favorite characters got the spotlight for once instead of the mane 6 which gets repetitive over time. 

Repetitive, huh? Never stopped Goku from saving the day. Granted, Gohan saved the day in the Cell Saga, but still.

And the spell she cast actually doesn't seem like it's a regular lazor beam

Good points,  brohoof!  :P

Now I will agree they coud have done a better job at showing it, as well as a better job with the apology trip. Imo, the apology should have occurred before the song, both would have had that much more impact.

That what ruined The Times They are a Changeling to me, the song. Dang it, dont use the song as a solution :angry:, NEVER!

Amending Fences doesnt need songs to be the best.

• Brohoof 1

If they didn't rush the ending, we could have had Starlight rewarded for her efforts.

(Hopefully, they don't do an episode like this again. for those of you who want side characters to save the day from now on, i think this episode's enough. Plus, from the clips I've seen, this felt like an episode for another pony show entirely))

Edited by heavens-champion

If they didn't rush the ending, we could have had Starlight rewarded for her efforts.

(Hopefully, they don't do an episode like this again. for those of you who want side characters to save the day from now on, i think this episode's enough. Plus, from the clips I've seen, this felt like an episode for another pony show entirely))

Sounds like something we both agree with because of how the Royal Family and Elements of Harmony were treated here.

Sounds like something we both agree with because of how the Royal Family and Elements of Harmony were treated here.

I will never understand the need with calling the Mane 6 the Elements of Harmony. They're the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, not the elements themselves.

I will never understand the need with calling the Mane 6 the Elements of Harmony. They're the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, not the elements themselves.

They still represent them, but if calling them the Elements themselves seems a little over-exaggerating, I'll stick to using "Mane Six" from now on when discussing this episode from here on out.

It was a decent finale.I kinda anticipated some things like Crysalis as the antagonist and Discord taking part in the saving.I also thought Starlight might become alicorn but I guess that was unrealistic,4 now at least.Also very nice to put Trixie in the team,conclusion would be it gave me a boost waiting the next season and when I heard it will be continuing,I felt nice and full of hopes and ideas.

Edited by XellosMetallium

I FINALLY got around to seeing the rest of the episodes just before Where the apple lies, this episode duo was pretty good! The first episode I got to admit was much stronger than the end episode, I was actually looking forward to a much stronger duo of Starlight Glimmer and Trixie, but throwing Discord in there was pretty cool too! 

The fact that the Queen was not reformed like the others is a really good touch and leaves her open as the antagonist of season 7 or 8. 

I didn't like the changeling released forms though. I think they were too colorful and enjoy their previous designs much better.  :P

For a pony as proficient at magic as Starlight, it was nice to her save the day without using it. I love seeing her with Trixie, hopefully they'll show more of their friendship in the next season, Starlight certainly seems to be bringing out the best in her! I really love Thorax so I was so relieved that he wasn't revealed to be a double-agent or anything. Whilst I'm partial to the reformed villain, I preferred that this didn't apply to Chrysalis. Overall I loved this finale, I think I'll have to let it sink in a bit before I try comparing it with previous seasons' finales though!

i didn't like the depiction of Chrysalis 

though its revealed in the comics she's basically just born evil with no tragic back story (she even mocks twilight about this) and had done many evil things like killed a kitten in front of the CMC because they were annoying her there's one thing that she always fully focuses on

the protection of her subjects everything she does is for them and for her to abandon them like that seems really out of place she just kinds of ups and leaves looking back the sadness on her face looks more like she's heartbroken by her subjects leaving her but it still didn't fit right with me  

I'm sort of both glad and disappointed that Chrissy didn't reform. On one hand, she makes a great villain and I'd like to see that continue in the upcoming season. On the other hand, it would have been interesting to see what role a reformed Chrysalis would have played. Perhaps she would continue as the queen and have Thorax as an adviser. :)

Edited by PonyHag1

As a fact that changelings are much similiar to insects or even ants and bees. And it seems that all changelings (except Queen Chrysalis, surely) are males. So one question bothers me so hard. It is what kind of parthenogenesis changelings able to? Thelytokous or arrhenotokous? You know, this is kind of asexual reproduction. In first case, unfertilised eggs, produced by queen, develops only into females. In the second case, the opposite. So that is the question is for is Chrysalis being always "alone" or she does have particular "friend" or may be many "friends"? I am likely to say that Changelings able to arrhenotokous parthenogenesis, thats explains why Chrysalis being so angry and cruel. But for another case it explains why she refused Starlight's invitation to become kind and join Equestrian Suicide Squad. So, what's your point?

i didn't like the depiction of Chrysalis 

though its revealed in the comics she's basically just born evil with no tragic back story (she even mocks twilight about this) and had done many evil things like killed a kitten in front of the CMC because they were annoying her there's one thing that she always fully focuses on

the protection of her subjects everything she does is for them and for her to abandon them like that seems really out of place she just kinds of ups and leaves looking back the sadness on her face looks more like she's heartbroken by her subjects leaving her but it still didn't fit right with me

Comics are not canon, dont take it to heart. This is canon version of Chrysalis, like it or not, just disconnect any happen in the comic and jugde the characters by their own portrayal of the show.
  • Brohoof 2

Comics are not canon, dont take it to heart. This is canon version of Chrysalis, like it or not, just disconnect any happen in the comic and jugde the characters by their own portrayal of the show.

they already stated that the Comics are very much cannon 

they already stated that the Comics are very much cannon 

Either the comics are canon until said otherwise, or the comics are not canon until said otherwise. In both cases, the show takes precedence and the canonicity of the comics is shaky.

At any rate, Chrysalis does have her subjects' well-being at heart in the show. However, they've (all?) turned their back on her...she's lost a lot in that finale. She's not abandoning them, it's them who are opposing her, rioting against her, ready to fight. Of course she'd just up and leave, there's nothing she can do right now and there's a lot of thinking waiting for her.

Imo (that's just my opinion) she won't be able to digest it all like that and will reappear as an antagonist, but eventually will be reformed and lead the changed-lings once more, with Thorax at her side. Either because Thorax will not be that capable of a king, or because they simply don't care how many rulers there are, just like they did with Celestia and Luna. Nothing states there should only be one, that's an assumption people tend to subconsciously make.

she won't be able to digest it all like that and will reappear as an antagonist, but eventually will be reformed and lead the changed-lings once more, with Thorax at her side.

comics regardless of cannon the show writers said they most enjoy what they did with Chrysalis in the Comics and have said they are going to bring that over to the show which basically paints the embodiment of evil and probably wont ever reform 

i think at the moment Chrysalis is meant to be the "arch nemesis" of the sisters and the mane six