Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dazzlings returning for specials? Good idea?

SunsetBaconDrive

I would love to see the Dazzlings return and use the overflowing magic from the portal to see if they can enact revenge on the main 7. They are my favorite villains to come out of G4 and I would want to see them again.

• Brohoof 2

I would love to see them in any way, even if it's a cameo leading to some awkwardness. Imagine the gang going to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and Sonata is their server? 

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see them in any way, even if it's a cameo leading to some awkwardness. Imagine the gang going to eat at a Mexican restaurant, and Sonata is their server? 

Adagio and Chrysalis teaming up! I would faint from excitement. They would form the Legion of anti-friendship :orly:

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice to know what became of them after they lost their magic and singing ability at the end of Rainbow Rocks. Many different fanfictions have portrayed them as either becoming friends with the Mane Seven, starting their own lives somewhere, or wanting to interact with Sunset in some way.

Would I have them come back for revenge? That would be the easiest thing for the writers to do and would be predictable, so how about have them return in a more sympathetic light while also focusing on the tensions between them.

• Brohoof 1

any sign or appearance would be welcome. For all the improvements Rainbow rocks brought to EQG, it still had the glaring unresolved plot thread of the Dazzlings and their final outcome. 

• Brohoof 1

I would prefer they be in a full movie, but more Dazzlings is always welcome. I am betting that they will tie the Dazzlings pendants in with how the Human 7 got their crystalized magical pendants. That is, I think the Dazzlings will have gotten their powers in a similar way.

I don't know, I always imagined them as desperately trying to get by, Sonana as a waitress being a possibility yes. With this influx of magic, maybe some will go to them, but I don't think they'd try a plan that has already failed once. Adagio might be hellbent on revenge, but Sonata not so much after being put through such hard times, and Aria would disagree with Adagio's plan, making them split up. The Mane 7 would then meet a sad Sonata who would tell them of what happened and beg them to try and help them, not wanting any more suffering for her friends.

Then they'd have a confrontation with say Adagio - who sees Sonata with them. Cue some "traitor" speech and off she goes to finish her plan. Then they chase her and go to interrupt her - but Aria comes in the picture. Adagio accuses Aria of being the same as Sonata, allying with Sunset and her friends. Aria denies and belittles Sonata some more. Open fight, the Mane 7 eventually moves in to stop them both but things turn more dire by the second - until Sonata steps in and "pushes" the Mane 7 away.

Adagio and Aria think she's come an ally, but nope. She turns and lectures them before finally darting away in tears and heartbroken to see her friends fight. Adagio and Aria both stop fighting, look at each other and agree they've both been pretty terrible friends, and dash away after Sonata, giving the Mane 7 some "no time for you" line.

The Mane 7 of course goes after them and they seem them reuiniting, but don't want to intrude. After that sentimental moment where they bond together again, Sonata notices the Mane 7 and both apologises and thanks them. Adagio and Aria wait, tell Sonata that despite this, they're still not done and that the Mane 7 had better be ready for the next time - and they walk away after giving a "but...well, thanks" line, hinting they're past this and the next time they meet, the sirens might not be that antagonistic anymore.

PS: oops, didn't mean to fanfic here, my bad :D

Edited by Ninjaed
  • Brohoof 2

In terms of the Dazzlings and reformation, I think the only one who would be willing to change her ways is Sonata. Unlike the other two, she wasn't necessarily evil despite taunting Sunset and enjoying the chaos that was ensuing. She was more of a character who was following along to the sound of her own drums.

• Brohoof 2

In terms of the Dazzlings and reformation, I think the only one who would be willing to change her ways is Sonata. Unlike the other two, she wasn't necessarily evil despite taunting Sunset and enjoying the chaos that was ensuing. She was more of a character who was following along to the sound of her own drums.

its strange that everyone thinks Sonata is innocent, she's just the idiot of the 3 of them.

• Brohoof 1

its strange that everyone thinks Sonata is innocent, she's just the idiot of the 3 of them.

And that ditzy attitude of hers is what made her such a fan favourite. In another world and/or reality, Sonata would have been Pinkie's best friend since they both share some common interests that the movie doesn't bring up all that much.

To be honest, one issue I always had with the idea of bringing the Dazzlinngs back was that, seeing as we only got one movie a year, I'd rather focus on new villains as opposed to wasting our yearly film on old ones. But now that we're getting 3 of these "specials" next year, I have no issue with them bringing them back for one of them, since we'll have two more specials for new, original villains.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, one issue I always had with the idea of bringing the Dazzlinngs back was that, seeing as we only got one movie a year, I'd rather focus on new villains as opposed to wasting our yearly film on old ones. But now that we're getting 3 of these "specials" next year, I have no issue with them bringing them back for one of them, since we'll have two more specials for new, original villains.

Think that might be one of the reasons they decided to make EQG specials instead of a full-length EQG film this year?

i'd like it, would be nice to have the occasional reappearing villain like we get in the main series (Chryssi for example). But I reckon they're only good for one more appearance and then cast off entirely. Maybe Adagio finds some way to regain her powers, like the alicorn amulet or something. 

Not sure how Aria would fit into this story, unless she's the one who rises against and defeats Adagio with help from the mane 7, turns out she and Sonata are good guys after all. Aria just wanted some of the spotlight for once but was over shadowed by Adagio bullying her way to center stage. 

Sonata would want to be good - if anyone's ever seen the dire Cinderella sequal (part 2), theres a story where one of the step sisters wants to be good and wants a good life for herself, I imagine this would be Sonata's realization. 

maybe i should write that up as a fimfic....