Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Pinkie Pie missed out on some of Season 6

FirePuppy

I think I know why Pinkie Pie lost some valuable time in certain episodes of Season 6. Other than that "On Your Marks" episode which could've taken place during "The Gift of the Maud Pie" had Sweetie Belle not mentioned Rarity too much, that is.

610 - Applejack's Day Off

• She couldn't go to the spa because she was visiting the Crystal Empire alone to see Flurry Heart, and presenting her with a so far 3-page scrapbook.
614 - The Cart Before the Ponies
  • Due to another visit to Flurry Heart's home in the Crystal Empire with two more pages added to the scrapbook, Pinkie couldn't attend the Applewood Derby.
616 - The Times They Are a Changeling
  • That episode very likely took place during "Buckball Season", in which not ONE single character (including background ponies) from that episode appeared in this one.

Most of these reasons are probably unclear, but should be accurate enough.

Hopefully when Season 7 arrives, as long as Pinkie doesn't waste time with scrapbooks or anything else like that, it's assured she'll have a bigger advantage of appearance time than this season.

Edited by FirePuppy

I don't really think the scrapbook had anything to do with Pinkie not being in those episodes.

The writers just didn't pick her as one of the characters to appear in those episodes, because they wanted to focus on others.

The cotton candy vendor was probably just in Ponyville... you know how much she loves cotton candy.

Anyway, no big mystery, I just don't feel like the writers wanted to use her as much this season and shuffled her out some to make more space for Starlight.

It's kinda odd though that every season, a main character gets an episode of their own, but this season, Pinkie didn't have a solo episode! She shared two episodes with Rarity, and one with Fluttershy, AJ, and Rainbow. Not a single solo Pinkie episode.

(edited)

It's kinda odd though that every season, a main character gets an episode of their own, but this season, Pinkie didn't have a solo episode! She shared two episodes with Rarity, and one with Fluttershy, AJ, and Rainbow. Not a single solo Pinkie episode.

True, but at least she had her very own scrapbook for Flurry Heart this season. In fact, in EVERY page of that scrapbook, she talked for two minutes non-stop in each! That's a total of between 12-18 minutes of non-stop dialogue, which consequently, cost her at least 2, maybe even 3 episodes of Season 6, thus allowing some of the other ponies to have more episodes themselves.

And if it makes you feel any better, she's not the only character who hasn't had any episodes revolving around her alone. Applejack didn't have a solo episode between part 2 of Season 1 and part 1 of Season 2; Rarity didn't have any either between part 2 of Season 2 and the entire Season 3; and Fluttershy had none as well between late Season 4 and 3/4 of Season 5 (although that Discord episode half focused on her). So it did make sense for Pinkie (and Twilight) to be next for Season 6.

When Season 7 comes, I'm sure she'll have at least one there, but I prefer to see another Pinkie/Fluttershy and perhaps a Pinkie/CMC episode as well.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

It's because Pinkie Pie is secretly a changeling and was part of the planning of the secret invasion of Equestria, in fact she was the reason why the changelings were so efficient in gathering information on the ponies and their personality traits, Pinkie Pie made friends with many ponies and knew their ins and outs. All this time Pinkie Pie was observing the ponies. She becomes stronger when gathering love and she got plenty of that in Ponyville, she also has questionable abilities like being able to shapeshift occasionally. She was Chrysalis' right hand changeling, her champion. This is why Chrysalis is confident she can get back on them, her mole is still undiscovered.

j/k

Edited by cider float

It's because Pinkie Pie is secretly a changeling and was part of the planning of the secret invasion of Equestria, in fact she was the reason why the changelings were so efficient in gathering information on the ponies and their personality traits, Pinkie Pie made friends with many ponies and knew their ins and outs. All this time Pinkie Pie was observing the ponies. She becomes stronger when gathering love and she got plenty of that in Ponyville, she also has questionable abilities like being able to shapeshift occasionally. She was Chrysalis' right hand changeling, her champion. This is why Chrysalis is confident she can get back on them, her mole is still undiscovered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sym1h72K2c

j/k

No no, Pinkie was obviously her Human self temporarily slumming in the human world and thus was going crazy visiting everywhere. :P

>and this is why there were 2 pinkies in Saddle and row review

1146231__safe_pinkie+pie_clothes_equestr

• Brohoof 1

No no, Pinkie was obviously her Human self temporarily slumming in the human world and thus was going crazy visiting everywhere. :P

>and this is why there were 2 pinkies in Saddle and row review

1146231__safe_pinkie+pie_clothes_equestr

I can't get over that gif. I really need to see the Equestria Girls movies.

I can't get over that gif. I really need to see the Equestria Girls movies.

its a good gif, but the movie's not NEARLY as funny as the bloopers were.

Granted, I did think that Legend of everfree was a jump up from Friendship games, but it wasn't a huge jump.

IMO RR>LOE>EQG=FG

• Brohoof 1

Maybe she was planning for Season 7.

Hope you're right. I mean, look at it this way. Pinkie Pie needed big breaks for Season 4 after getting SO MUCH dialogue in previous seasons (and the first Equestria Girls movie) after that. Then, in Season 5, she made some very good screen time without even giving the other ponies a chance for awhile, alongside only having dialogue in one Friendship Games animated short. Now, for Season 6, it's her turn to have less screen time than some of the others, and to make up for lost time, there's the scrapbook. But now that Season 7 is coming, Rarity (and I think Rainbow Dash as well) will need to give Pinkie, Applejack and Fluttershy all more time here.