Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think this scenario will work out?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Sometimes I enjoy writing stories, especially making own my own mythologies, even though I am a Christian myself.

One of my own myths, for some of my fictional stories' backgrounds, goes like this:

"Once upon a time, God creates a man and a woman, and places each of them on the opposite ends of an island. Both of them start off knowing nothing, not even of their creator, but they eventually learn to create their own clothes and language(s), and survive on their own.

They meet each other one day. Both of them thought that they were the only human in existence, although they sometimes imagined other humans and beings as they felt lonely, until they noticed each other. Each of them thought that the other is a strange animal that looks somewhat like them ... "

Do you think that either:

• both the man and the woman would be fascinated at each other, and would even fall in love and reproduce?
  • the man would hunt the woman as though she were an animal (or vice versa)?
  • something else?
Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

I'm now curious as to whether or not someone would even be capable of developing a language with nobody to talk to.

Well, realistically I think these two would have major psychological differences from us and each other. SO it's hard to say. Let's pretend they have the same instinctive nature as our race, generally. They would probably find some primal attraction to each other which would lead to option 1. But if a human is hungry enough, they will eat anything. SO if one of them happens to be starving when they first encounter, they will probably try to eat the other.

If two humans were placed on an island together with no knowledge except for primal instincts, I think it would be safe to say that sociopathic tendencies would develop.  With no social skills whatsoever, I believe that the man and the woman would see each other as competitors.

However, with all this in mind and assume that the OP meant to say that neither beings had any sort of knowledge, why would they learn how to create clothes, let alone develop a language to communicate?  Even in Genesis, Adam and Eve had no shame in their nudity until they gained an understanding of Good and Evil, and the state of nature that this neo-Adam and Eve live in does not explicitly entail an imparting of the knowledge of Good and Evil.  Therefore, social constructs such as language, gender roles, and clothing would probably never see any sort of development.

For all intents and purposes, the man and the woman would live as hunter-gatherers, probably keeping to themselves until such a time as their need to breed would drive them to seek the other out.

I think the first meeting would be violent. Humans are prone to violence no matter the gender. Man would see this strange creature that stood up like him and try to kill it. I mean, more than 75 % of the world would kill alien visitors instead of trying a peaceful option first.