Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra or Queen Chrysalis: Who would you vote for?

Nylon

48 users have voted

1. 1. Who would vote for?

• Sombra
    • Chrysalis

Chrysalis. She deeply loves her hive, and since we'd be part of the hive, we'd be sure to have someone doing all she can for us. Even if she's misguided, but hey, nopony's perfect.

As crystal ponies under Sombra, we'd be nothing more than slave forced to do his every bidding, so...seems like a no-brainer to me. Though apparently, Sombra got development in the comics, but so will Chrysalis in the show, so yeah. Go Chryssy!!

Considering the infamous election America is suffering from this year, my brain hatched a pretty stupid idea for a thread. Who would you rather have as one to rule over you and all around you, Queen Chrysalis, or King Sombra? A changeling, or an Umbrum? A parasite, or a most likely possible nutcase?<--- (Sounds familiar, don't it?)

Feel free to explain as to why you believe your choice is the best case scenario out of these two worse case scenarios. I see lots of people doing the same for Trump and Clinton, so go right ahead just for the heck of it right here. :)

If Trump's just as bad as Clinton, why do news sites like the Clinton News Network insist Hillary is amazing and Trump is the devil? I hated him at first, but the incredible media bias has actually got me rooting for the old fart.

To answer your question, Sombra, but only because he'd be easier to overthrow.

I mean, Sombra has said mean things towards woman, but Chrysalis has done a lot of shady stuff (Benghazi, Emails, Receiving Money) but Sombra seems like a wild card when it comes to a new ruler. He can honestly do anything from extremely bad to possibly extremely good. Not to mention his tax returns.

This is too hard. Equestria is fucked. I'm moving to Griffonstone.

Edited by FlootahBabby

Neither. Fuck both of them. If you have to determine which is the lesser of two evils to vote for, you're still just picking evil. I'm not down for that. I'd vote third party and write Twilight's name on the ballot.

If more people did that instead of buying into this two-party system controlled by oligarchs, America wouldn't be in the mess its in.

• Brohoof 1

To answer your question, Sombra, but only because he'd be easier to overthrow.

Chrysalis would actually be easier to overthrow, courtesy of her complacency habit.

Sombra, on the other hand, would likely be Batman-prepared for an uprising.

Edited by A.V.

Chrysalis... Even if I'd be essentially reduced to the status of livestock, at least I wouldn't be a slave.

The changelings would know they have to keep us alive in order to feed off of us, so they'd at least make sure to take care of us and we wouldn't have to do any manual labor.

And who knows, if I'm lucky enough, maybe I'd have the absolute honor of ascending the social ranks and being promoted from livestock to pet :dry: *sarcasm sarcasm*

Still, either way I'd prefer that over being forced to work my flank off every day and possibly die of hunger or cold.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

• 4 years later...
On 10/23/2016 at 2:11 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

I also view the comics as being canon to the show, so for me the option would be Sombra after his reformation. He would show kindness towards his subjects as opposed to Chrysalis who uses fear and intimidation.

I also view the comic as canon  so I vote for king  sombra  or maybe vote for nightmare moon both of  the villain even evils has standard so I vote for king sombra or nightmare moon latest?cb=20200519020134nightmare_moon_nontrsprnt_hair_by_moonga

• Brohoof 1

Wow, the poll's a solid 50-50 at my time of writing this, exactly how it should be. ^_^ Thought Chrysalis would have the majority vote in the bag, but more people love best villain than I thought. :wub: I love Chrysalis, but I can not betray Sombra. Forget the lesser of two evils, this is a choice between the greater of two evils. Not that I actually believe either of these two are truly evil, but I believe Sombra was treated with even greater injustice and I'm even more annoyed with his story arcs in both the show and comics being stuck in limbo. :maud:

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...