Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in heaven?

zerox

I'm an atheist, so no.

But I am hoping that one day humans will invent a way to upload the human mind into virtual settings.

The after life may just be a pipe dream made to ease the natural fear of death. But that doesn't mean we can't make it real through the power of science!

I don't believe in the biblical heaven because it was a place created by the dreams and opinions of man.

But I do believe that there is more to life than the existence we are living in now though. What all that is though is anyone's guess. Everyone finds out one way or the other eventually.

• Brohoof 1

Kind of, yes and no.  Given how I am LDS my view of heaven and hell is a little bit different from mainstream Christianity, in that the closest thing to such a concept it is by belief in spirit paradise and spirit prison. In addition, it should be noted, is that this is before the return of Jesus Christ and his judgment.

After the second coming, we will be judged and placed into one of three Kingdoms of Glory of the light of the Stars, Moon, and Sun. Of note, is that even the lowest of these kingdoms is greater than the lives we live here on Earth now and were the majority of those that fall short go. In addition, very few in truth will go to the LDS equivalent of Hell, that of Perdition, as it requires very exact requirements.

A particular worth, in the LDS Church it is generally believed that everyone will be given the chance to "be saved". If not in this life, in the next and after the second coming. Also before the age of 8 all children who died will go to "Heaven", no questions asked. Lastly, it is believed in the church that children are without sin and that's have no need to be saved. Of particular note is that infant baptism is considered extremely blasphemous and insulting, especially those that say that a infant who dies before being baptized goes to hell.

That is my two cents on the concept of and belief in Heaven and Hell.

• Brohoof 3

Well, as with religion, I'm skeptical. I'm more like: "I'd like the concept, but I don't know if it's true:. If it exist however, I hope it's not like how religion depicts it, sounds kinda boring. I hope is more like a mirror of the world and many other words that our mind created and had the pleasure to see and sometimes explore. I mean, I would LOVE to walk around a replica of earth,  the Mushroom Kingdom, Equestria.... 

maybe, maybe not. I think there is a heaven, but as the bible decrees we can not see it with out physical bodies. I think that Heaven is in the stars, that's why it's apparently quiet...but if you use the right equipment you can hear the stars talk.

Hmm.. Hard question. I believe there may be some sort of afterlife, hopefully a good one.
I hope my afterlife consists of going to Equestria and spending eternity there.

Technically I don't since I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in the afterlife. However, I see death as an ideal ending, and I think that "going with God" it's just a different interpretation of the same concept, finding eternal peace, so I don't think people are wrong to believe in it. Sometimes I wish I could, but I guess I'll have to find my own spirituality.

I do not believe in heaven. I don't necessarily deny the idea of beliefs like that, but because of my bad experience with religion, I stay away from it and have slowly lost faith in any religious beliefs I once had.

Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't, but I sure hope there is... like others have said, the fact that you will someday die is scary and that I would want there to be something after. I mean just imagine friends and family slowly dying all around you. 

It almost feels like you have an expiry date.

• Brohoof 1

Despite me being an Atheist,

I personally do think that something happens after we die, whether or not we go to some eternal nirvana or eternal suffering is a different thing entirely, but, if I were asked, I'd say that I think your "soul" is "reborn" into another intelligent being that belongs to another civilization somewhere in the universe, or you could possibly be "reborn" into another human body.

• Brohoof 1

Well of course as believe it or not I've had dreams in the past two years of me going to different universes. Well one of them I randomly ended up in heaven and it was one of the most interesting dreams so far. It was because other people there where referring to me as god's universal creation. Apparently when I went a bit deeper I found out that I was created to fix and reshape human society. I actually think it is very possible that is exactly who I am based on my personality that is a combination of the main 6 with Tronish elements mixed in. But still I may of once again gotten a bit too carried away on that one... :)

• Brohoof 1

No, I don’t believe in heaven as I don’t believe in anything supernatural/religious/fairy-tale-ish. Death is the end, so enjoy what you have here – that’s my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, as a Christian I do. :)

But as a brony, I seeeriously hope there's ponies in heaven. Like, I'd so love to meet Fluttershy. Then again, since you'd have "lucid dream-like" powers, wouldn't that mean that you could "live in Equestria," technically? I'd be so down for that. xD

The other possibility is that we're living in a virtual reality/simulation, and "God" is the gamer. xD

But I wouldn't risk my salvation on that notion.

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, even when I considered myself to be unaligned it was something I sort of always kept to.

I don't really think I have enough studying of scripture of discussed it enough yet to call myself a Christian, however it is something I have been moving towards for the past 8 or 9 months. (Up until I was about 13 I considered myself a Lutheran).   

• Brohoof 2

Can't believe in it because my research suggests all ideas leading up to it are false and its inconclusive in all other ways its not patently false.

So, no, and I've done quite a bit of research to make sure I didn't make a mistake.