Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in heaven?

zerox

I do, I make no assumptions as to Heaven's nature such as Purgatory or even the Judeo-Christian Heaven being THE "Heaven." But I do believe in the endurance of the soul beyond death and that there is a better state of being that is not physical.

• Brohoof 1

I think our multiverse [not multiverse as it's currently being studied, but the next level up, whatever that might be; omniverse for simplicity] is structured in such a way that allows Humans to create their own heavens, by choosing a set of beliefs, or inherently believing in something, and whatever they expect to see is what they will see.

Christians will see Lord Jesus and live in what they think Heaven is, for example. I believe some people will cross the Bifrost and dwell in Oden's Hall. And etc.

I think people who believe they will go to Hell because they feel unworthy will go to Hell and live out their perceived sin.

I believe Atheists will have a slightly different journey. I think they will find their selves on a different world comparable to our own, just more elevated towards whatever they think life on Earth should have been like, perhaps on some advanced alien world. Or perhaps they will perceive that they are waking up from some sort of simulation.

I believe people who believe in what I do, or who don't like the idea of any existing Heaven, Hell, or Atheist philosophy, will be able to choose or design their own Heaven, or Hell, according to their personal habits, whether objectively or subjectively.

I believe some people will want to continue living here on Earth, and so they will remain here long after their physical body has disconnected.

But I also believe in reincarnation, and at some point a being will feel inclined to return to this life, or a similar one, after it has had its fill of its Heaven.

To put it simply, I believe Humans are in control of their realities, even if they don't yet realize it or know how to "sail their ship."

While this is not necessarily a topic about God, I will say my theory involves God [an absolute collective mind, or the omniverse itself, of which we and our universe are a part] having given individual centers (of which we are a form) the ability of expression for no other purpose than to simply exist as a part of the Absolute. I do not want a grand reason for being and was never able to come up with one, we simply are. But this is why I believe Humans can become "gods" able to form realities, yet still believe in the existence of God as the structure and center of the reality of which we can mold. And it is that God which holds things together when we are still "infantile."

I believe in the multiverse theory. That's an interesting look at it :) I don't know if I believe in that exactly but it's still an interesting theory.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, but what I believe is when you die you go to what ever you believe in. Like if you believe in Heaven then you'll go to Heaven, If you be in Valhalla, then you go to Valhalla, and if you believe in nothing, but eternal darkness, then you get nothing, but eternal darkness...

I positively believe in Heaven. I'm sure it's different for different people, according to what each person considers heavenly. I believe it's the ultimate manifestation of everything we love most. Not a bad place to hang out for all eternity.  :sunbutt:

I do not believe in a heaven. It is illogical to think that there is some prize for us at the end of the line. This life is all we got, make use of it while you have it.

I most definitely believe in heaven. I also believe that when it is time for us to be reunited with the Heavenly Father in His kingdom, you must let go of all your earthly possessions and be with the Lord completely. I believe that this not only includes material things such as money, but also personal things such as grudges and envy.

Yes, I believe in heaven and afterlife too. There was a book I read about the subject and it gave me all kinds of interesting things about the afterlife. The book itself was about a psychic medium telling about her experiences with the souls of the deceased. All the souls were very forgiving and apparently were now in a lovely place that is full of forgiveness and love. And I believe that is what heaven is like.

I most definitely believe in heaven. I also believe that when it is time for us to be reunited with the Heavenly Father in His kingdom, you must let go of all your earthly possessions and be with the Lord completely. I believe that this not only includes material things such as money, but also personal things such as grudges and envy.

While god doesn't let go of grudges as he beats the majority of his children in hell beyond submission for all eternity.

While god doesn't let go of grudges as he beats the majority of his children in hell beyond submission for all eternity.

Personally, I'd have to disagree with that. God does not hold grudges. God is merciful and forgiving. He is righteous when he passes judgment unto us. Hell is the very last place he would want us to be, which is exactly why he gave His only begotten Son to save us all from such a horrid fate. He will take your sins and nail them to the cross, making them completely powerless. God loves us all more than anything else, and wants to lead us into a bright and beautiful future that will not harm us, but help us. He will never abandon or forsake us.

Personally, I'd have to disagree with that. God does not hold grudges. God is merciful and forgiving. He is righteous when he passes judgment unto us. Hell is the very last place he would want us to be, which is exactly why he gave His only begotten Son to save us all from such a horrid fate. He will take your sins and nail them to the cross, making them completely powerless. God loves us all more than anything else, and wants to lead us into a bright and beautiful future that will not harm us, but help us. He will never abandon or forsake us.

Jesus spoke of hell three times more than he did about heaven. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/05/08/what-did-jesus-say-or-teach-about-hell/

He spoke in parables so people would not understand him. http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiritual/home_study/parables.htm

Thus increasing the chance of their entering hell. If not then the entire religion is pointless if we get heaven no matter what, it'd make the entire bible moot aside from that one thing literally entirely pointless. Whats the point of believing if it just gives you what you want, it contradicts itself, assuming you are right. There would be nothing to preach, just would've let it be a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Lil Pip

Jesus spoke of hell three times more than he did about heaven. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/05/08/what-did-jesus-say-or-teach-about-hell/

He spoke in parables so people would not understand him. http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/spiritual/home_study/parables.htm

Thus increasing the chance of their entering hell. If not then the entire religion is pointless if we get heaven no matter what, it'd make the entire bible moot aside from that one thing literally entirely pointless. Whats the point of believing if it just gives you what you want, it contradicts itself, assuming you are right. There would be nothing to preach, just would've let it be a pleasant surprise.

OK. I'm sorry that you are having doubts and feel this way, and I can't change that. Just remember, though, Jesus mentioning Hell more times than Heaven has no effect on the likelihood of going there. Also, God waits for us and is eternally patient. He waited for me when I was consumed by doubt, and He will wait for you as well. He gives us a choice to believe in Him and does not force Himself upon others. I hope you have a good life, and I also hope that you will one day find the light. I am here for you if you ever need somepony to talk to.  :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice for something like heaven to be real, but I just can't believe in something like that. To me, it just isn't logical.

what the heck isnt logical about that :okiedokieloki:  :confused:  :pout:

sry pal imma christian

Im kinda mixed about this.

I think that God could exist but im not sure, if i believe in the God, that Humans are talking about or if there is a Creature with similar Powers that watches over us.

Heaven could exist.

Or maybe we just get reborn at some point.

It could be, that some of us will go to heaven, but im not sure.

Im not even sure if i get there anyway...i didnt do anything bad...at least not that i know, but...i also dont do much good things...

Or maybe we all just die and nothing happends, that could also be.