Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in heaven?

zerox

I believe in a Celestial Kingdom, a place of incomprehensible joy and glory where the most righteous followers of God go to live in His presence forever. I also believe in a Terrestrial Kingdom, a heaven that's also beyond comprehension, but nowhere near as nice as the Celestial. This is where all good people go, but didn't make and keep all the promises with God that are required for the Celestial. I also believe in a Telestial Kingdom, a heaven where the not so good people go. It's more like a really nice Earth. These people will also feel the pains of hell though, considering that there are much greater places that they are locked out of for eternity. Then I also believe in a pure Hell, where the Devil is and very few people go. You'd have to be a pretty special kind of evil to go there.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that no one truly knows what happens after death. However, I like to believe that there is a heaven. 

• 7 months later...

Yes, I have seen heaven. *Points up to the sky*

Getting to heaven after you die seems quite impossible, if you ask me. Imagine a reward system where you get minus points for doing bad things (like looking at the wrong thing, or breathing air at the wrong time). For everyone that never made it in life, died immediately after birth, they would most likely go to heaven because they never had a chance to screw up once or twice or whatever many times. A reward like that would certainly not make life a very attractive choice to begin with. So I do not believe in heaven.

• Brohoof 1

I was brought up in a heavily religious family, so yes. There are three levels of heaven, and then hell, obviously. I still hold on to the beliefs I was taught, even if I don't particularly agree with them (which means I'm going to hell according to my parents' religion, but whatever :derp:).

Edited by Booker has a Santa hat

Not in the classic "reign above the clouds with angels and shit" sense.

If heaven exists, as in after death of sorts, then I think it's that very tiny frame of still consciousness when your brain is turning off for good and you have hallucinations because of the happy chemicals released by your body so you can let it happen. The brain then creates a happy ending. If you let it of course. And it can be whatever. So if it's true I would really like my brain to dream of equestria and going there as my heaven.

Aside from that there's the conceptual heaven. The "heaven on Earth" thing. It could be those little moments when you feel so happy and fulfilled that it's like nothing could disrupt that moment and you feel connected to something higher than the things you can just see. Where you see beauty and wonder in everything just because it exists. That could be a form of heaven.

Idk more than that. I secretly wished there were actual supernatural things beyond that though, just for the sake of it because that would be cool. But as a human I'm aware that that's just my human nature of having too much imagination and fear of ceasing to exist.

Edited by Ittoni