Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the best singer out of the Mane 7?

Applejacket

I loved the songs from this film, even if they did all sound like Apples to the core!!

I'd love to hear who you all think sung the best. I've heard a lot of different opinions.

My personal preference is Applejack. She did amazingly in this movie, she really stood out for me.

What about you?

• Brohoof 1

Sunset had the best singing voice this time thanks in large part to "Embrace the Magic" being such a fantastic ballad of sorts where she poured her heart and soul into the lyrics. Rebecca Shoichet never ceases to amaze me with her incredible talent.

Sunset Shimmer. I LOVE Rebecca's singing voice when she's Sunset. Less tween pop twittery in my mind and more natural, plus she's one of the very few with a lower toned voice. Does anyone know which voice is Rebecca's natural singing voice??? 

I also quite like Gloriosa Daisy's voice. 

Have yet to hear a male voice sing! come on Flash! 

edit: Applejack ruins "Shake your tail" with her off key shouting >.< wtf was that about Ashleigh?

Edited by StormBlaze

Honestly all of them sound great and so different I can't say which one I like better.

Rebecca Shoichet has something special about her voice that I can't really describe, specially in the last part of Winter Wrap Up and how she sings in A True True Friend. She also does a great job with Sunset, and doesn't make the voices sound too similar.

Kazumi Evans is a great singer, I love how her voice sounds so opera-like, it definitely fits Rarity, specially in A True True Friend when she sings "Pinkie Pie is in trouble". She also does a great job with Luna and Adagio, but sadly they sound really similar to Rarity. 

Ashleigh Ball does an great job with Applejack, specially in songs like Raise This Barn and Apples To The Core. Rainbow's voice has something about it that makes it sound "cool", specially in At the Gala.

Shannon Chan-Kent sounds exactly like Pinkie Pie, and I love the way she sounds when she reaches high notes. My favorite song of hers is Pinkie's Present.

The one that tends to sound the most average is Andrea Libman as Fluttershy (still great though), but the way she sings in her solos is amazing. I wish Fluttershy had more solos.

Kelly Sheridan is awesome as Starlight, there's something about the way she sings in The Cutie Map that I love, but I'm not sure what it is. She also did a pretty impressive work in A Heart's Warming Tail.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

Kaumi Evans KILLS every song she sings, period.

So thus, Rarity, hoofs down!

Sure the others have a spark to them, a twang or a trill.

And Sunny gets that low bass that makes me cross my legs.

But when Rarity hits (Kasumi), I just feel lost in the a sea of bliss for a few minutes. It is so classical and yet haunting.