Register now to remove this ad.
Red Cedar

[Saddle Arabia] I've Been Through The Desert

64 posts in this topic

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack snickered at the complement regarding her horse sense. "Well, it didn't take much of it to see he was bein' phonier than a three-bit coin. I just would have liked a stallion who was interested in me to be honest about who he was and not try to be something he clearly wasn't." She slowly rolled her shoulder, rotating her left foreleg a little to test it after that sudden shooting pain earlier. "Still, I guess you're right. There's hope yet to find the right one. No sense in tryin' to force it to happen, that's for sure!"

Applejack nodded as she listened to Trixie talk about her brothers, and not being sure of what they were doing. Again, Applejack couldn't imagine being away from her closest family for long. She often figured she could never bring herself to leave Ponyville for good. For Trixie, though, she figured that even being out of the loop didn't mean they weren't still family, or that it wouldn't be better late than never. "Well, there ya go. Another good reason to take the time to go home and reconnect. Find out what they're doin' and all. Who knows? You might get a surprise or two when you do."

The Great and Powerful Trixie

trixie__trotting_by_yamino-d3f5tk0.gif

@Red Cedar

"Well, in the end, you have your priorities, just like I have mine. A stallion is not that priority for me, as I think the same goes for you. I have my show-biz career, and you have your farm & business to run. You don't need some pony unless they're benefit rather than a distraction," she said; surprising herself with how mature that sounded in the end. "My schedule by itself is enough to handle."

Trixie thought over what Applejack said for a moment; smiling afterward. "Well you never know until you try, and I might as well try it. It's about time I properly spent time with them."

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack found she couldn't disagree. "Well, you're right there," she said. "I got everything I need - a home, farm, steady job and a few bits in my saddlebag. But one day I'd like to have a family of my own, you know?" Applejack smiled as Trixie decided to take the opportunity to go see her own family. She couldn't imagine that not having those sorts of roots somewhere wouldn't be good for any pony, and especially for a pony always on the move like Trixie. It light even have given her a chance to deiced on some things for later on.

Speaking of which, well, Applejack had just revealed her hopes for the future. "How 'bout y'all? And hopes and dreams and plans for your future?" she asked.

@Red Cedar

"A family of your own? I can't even imagine starting a family. I've been on the road for so long it feels like a foreign idea," she said with a laugh. "But yeah, I'm happy with what I have for now. Who knows what will happen down the road." As she said that she thought back to their current predicament, as it looked like the sun was beginning to set. Applejack's next question brought her back to attention.

"Well, the only goal I really ever thought of was right now. I mean...yeah...not NOW, but I mean my situation. Traveling on the road, performing, cheering crowds, all of that. I...never really thought beyond that. Heh; I wonder what it would be like to have a permanent show where ponies would come to see me? Maybe Las Pegasus? I...don't know. I never that that far ahead," she said; thinking about that.

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack nodded. "Yeah. A family and a few foals of my own. Bein' part of one means everythin' to me so to have one I could love the way I..." she caught herself suddenly, then quickly cleared her throat. "Uhm, yeah, anyway. Yeah, if y'all were to get a permanent show, trust me, Las Pegasus would be the place for you to do it. I went there once. Everything's a hundred times flashier there than anywhere else. Your show would fit right in." she said.

Peering out the hole in the hull after Trixie, she noted the sun starting to go down herself, and leaned over to look through the chest of survival gear again, gently extracting a pair of blankets and then giving one of them over to Trixie. "Here. We're gonna need these soon. For a desert it sure cools down quick after dark around here."

@Red Cedar

Trixie giggled a little before turning her attention to Applejack's point about a permanent show. Taking some time to think about it she grinned, but also appeared mixed. "It's something I'll have to think about for some time. I still love the idea of a traveling show-pony going to many different cities and towns. Heck; that's how I got to have a show in Saddle Arabia; of all places. I have to wonder if it would get boring staying in one place...at lease for me," she said; yawning a little.

Nodding to Applejack she took the blanket with her magic and wrapped it around her. "Thanks Applejack; hopefully they get back soon..."

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack tucked the blanket underneath herself and her hooves as best she could, snuggling down as comfy as she could manage to. "Well, I guess it'll be tomorrow before they do, now. Guess we got farther out than I thought before this tub came down." She took a deep, heavy sigh as the events o the day suddenly started to weigh more heavily on her than before, but then with a small start she peered over at Trixie. "How's your head doin'? You been feeling any better? I think you got it worse than I did. Maybe I should stay awake and keep an eye on y'all." She had no idea what sh could do if Trixie did suddenly take a turn for the worse, but felt she should at least be aware of it if it happened.

@Red Cedar

Admittedly her head didn't feel entirely right yet. Yeah, it had improved, but her magic still felt like a major strain, and she wondered if she could go to sleep. In any case she didn't want to worry Applejack too much. "N-no; I think it's getting better. At least good enough to sleep on it some. Maybe it will fully heal in the morning," she said; looking towards the sky, squinting a little as she tried to focus. Sighing, she laid her head down and closed her eyes, trying to force herself to sleep. "Good night Applejack..."

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack nodded as Trixie settled down to try and sleep. "Well, all right, then," she said, settling into a more reclined position herself, then wincing and turning over so she wasn't lying on her sore foreleg. She didn't think she was going to get much sleep through all this, between worry over Trixie's injury and the general unease at being, well, in the middle of nowhere instead of in some semblance of civilization, but she could at least go along with the idea and maybe that would cause Trixie less worry and more chance to heal up. "Good night, Trixie," she said, before turning her head slightly to gaze up and the bright twinkling stars poured across the night sky. Without thinking, she added, "Goodnight, you two," before realizing with a start what she'd said and then trying to curl up tighter under the blanket as though she were already asleep.

@Red Cedar

As she feared she was struggling to fall asleep; and it wasn't like she was not trying. The problem for her was that the harder she tried to sleep and the more she tried to concentrate on a nice, comfy bed in her trailer, the more her head began to ache. Frustration was beginning to set it slightly when she heard a slight noise from AJ's area of the wreckage. Turning her head she saw that Applejack was asleep; which left her confused. Was she dreaming? She was sure she heard something like "Goodnight you two" or something to that effect.

Thinking on it for a sec she thought that Applejack might've been referring to her siblings, and if so, Trixie smiled from that. Laying back down she murmured, "Good night Starlight and Luna," and then closed her eyes, letting her mind rest, trying to let sleep come on it's own.

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack blinked, relieved she didn't have to explain the nightly ritual she had kept for years, but at the same time, a little surprised Trixie would do the same. Of course, Applejack had no idea if Trixie did that normally or if it was inspired by her, but either way, she could certainly understand. Perhaps she and Trixie weren't as different as she thought.

At first, Applejack couldn't bring herself to relax enough to sleep. Some part of the back of her mind felt she should be aware of Trixie's condition through the night, even if Trixie herself thought she was all right. She spent several long moments listening to make sure Trixie was still breathing, but soon, no matter her concerns, she found herself drifting in and out of sleep, dozing for several minutes at a time before starting awake to check on Trixie, until finally, exhaustion took hold, and she drifted off for the night.

@Red Cedar

Trixie had a feeling Applejack was trying to keep an eye on her, and while she appreciated it, she didn't want to worry the farm pony too much. She had her own worries to deal with and an actual family to come home to. Trixie, while still having friends, didn't have those same responsibilities and didn't want to put necessary strain on AJ.

Still, it was a fact that Trixie was struggling to sleep, and the more effort she put into it only made the pain in her head worsen. Sighing; she sat up, looking down at the ground. She knew that with some head trauma you could sleep, but considering the pain she must've taken a bigger knock than she anticipated. Annoyed at the situation she huffed slightly, but kept the volume down. Laying back down she was content with staying awake until morning; not getting the pain out of her thoughts.

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack awoke with a start again as she realized not only that she had fallen asleep again, but that it must have been for quite a long time, as there was the hint of light visible out of the hole in the hull now. Quickly, she looked over at Trixie, and breathed a sigh of relief as it appeared she was still breathing herself, and that the bump on her head wasn't more serious than first thought. She allowed herself a deep breath to calm herself down, then sat up carefully, not trying to jolt her sore and now very stiff shoulder any further. She wrapped the blanket around herself in the chilly desert morning air and waited for Trixie to wake up herself.

@Red Cedar

Still having not slept she had kept her back towards AJ; hoping to at least give her the illusion of sleeping. Hearing that she was seemingly waking up, Trixie also stirred and sat up, some bags apparent around her eyes. "Morning AJ," she said with a slight yawn, her head still hurting, though not as bad as it was. Not fighting the pain helped; though she dearly wanted some sleep, and she hoped it wasn't too apparent on her face. She could feel a chill in the air, and grabbed the blanket with her magic; wrapping it around her.