Register now to remove this ad.
Red Cedar

[Saddle Arabia] I've Been Through The Desert

The Great and Powerful Trixie

trixie__trotting_by_yamino-d3f5tk0.gif

@Red Cedar

Trixie could only shaker her head. "Please tell me Applejack, but does Twilight not have any guards to prevent such things? I'm not advocating a war or anything, but surely palace guards could've prevented such a disrespect? I know that Canterlot & the Crystal Empire have them; the griffins have them, heck, so do the Yaks! Is there a reason why Twilight doesn't?" She didn't mean any disrespect herself by that question, but that always confused her.

Sighing a little Trixie turned her heard to look over the horizon; catching a glimpse of something, but not paying much attention to it yet.

rWUdzLw.png

@PathfinderCS

Applejack pondered Trixie's question quietly for a moment. Certainly, Trixie had a point about Twilight not having guards, but Applejack couldn't imagine it herself. "I think it boils down to her philosophy an' all." she eventually replied. "I don't think Twilight would feel right goin' around callin' herself the Princess of Friendship while she had a bunch of guards around her, some of whom could look downright unfriendly." She winced a little as she tried rolling her stiff foreleg once more, testing her shoulder. "Mind you, I think part of her is still getting used to the whole idea of bein' a Princess. I mean, Equestria knows her as Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship and she still thinks of herself as Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville's head librarian."

The Great and Powerful Trixie

trixie__trotting_by_yamino-d3f5tk0.gif

@Red Cedar

Trixie blinked; trying to wrap her head around it. The reasoning seemed fairly naive, but at the same time...it made sense. "I have to admit...I am having trouble understanding that, but knowing Twilight...I can see that working. It makes sense, yet it doesn't...I guess is the best way I can put it? I don't know whether to find that foolish...or admirable, but she IS the Princess of Friendship for a reason, so who is Trixie to judge," she rhetorically asked with a shrug. More than once in her journeys she had considered whether she needed a guard herself, but never once needed one, so maybe they weren't as needed as she thought? Trixie would need to think on that more.

Again, Trixie took notice of something over the horizon, seemingly growing bigger than last time.