Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler People still watch The Walking Dead? (Spoilers)

SunsetBaconDrive

Just odd. For me personally all my favorite characters are dead

Andrea

Dale

Shane (best villain, governor and negan suck) 

Merle 

Glenn 

I was really into the first 2 seasons and once season 3 was halfway  through I jumped ship early, and dam I sure am glad I left. I heard the show has been nothing but filler and they milked everything leading up to this Negan reveal. I know Breaking Bad can be overrated, but Breaking Bad over ALL of Walking Dead ALL day everyday.

I didn't feel like it was filler at all. 

I've been enjoying it. Though I'm kinda hoping none of my favorites get killed off. 
Already lost Beth. I'll probably jump ship if either Michonne or Carol get killed.

I'm kinda behind though since I haven't watched since the middle of the most recent season.

I'm gonna try to get caught up eventually. 

• Brohoof 1

I still watch it since I don't have many other TV shows that I like.  I just watch it for zombie killing now, I don't really get invested with characters when I watch TV shows so I don't really care that much when somebody gets killed off.

Filler? ahahaha you heard wrong!

In my opinion the seasons have just been getting better!

Well, when Rick was missing for a while in season 4 I kinda stopped watching cuz Rick is the best, but yea.

I love Walking Dead!!

If favorite characters die then oh well. The show goes on, but you could choose to do what you want.

Negan sucks? ahahaha He came for two episodes only. The show dynamic will be different from the comic I'm sure.

If anything, TWD has only grown stronger since seasons 2 and 3! Sure, there has been the odd average episode since but the show has been one hell of a ride. In my opinion the acting is still the strongest part of the show, and whilst yes sometimes the storytelling can be a little questionable, I still adore it for many reasons, for example it's not scared to show every gory detail or every so often have an episode that reminds us how much of a threat the walkers are. I've grown too attached to the characters now anyway :lol:

P.s. edited title so people see spoiler warning easier

• Brohoof 1

I actually stopped watching in the middle of season 2, couldn't stand any of the characters at that point and I honestly was wanting most of them to be killed off for how downright stupid they were. Might need to do some info digging to see if it gets better, I have heard it does.

I actually stopped watching in the middle of season 2, couldn't stand any of the characters at that point and I honestly was wanting most of them to be killed off for how downright stupid they were. Might need to do some info digging to see if it gets better, I have heard it does.

Season 2 was the worst by far.  I found it quite boring but after that it got a lot better.

• Brohoof 2

People these days: "this episode was boring and it wasn't about my favorite characters.... FILLER!!!!11!!!1!!"

No, it's not fillers. The episodes where not a lot happen are there for character development. It would be silly if they were surrounded by zombies every single episode, we wouldn't get to know much about the characters at all.

I've been enjoying the show so far. The biggest issue I have with it is that it feels like they're filming everything on the same location, it gets kind of old. Wish we could see some new areas and not just the same old forest and road. I saw the Season 7 premiere yesterday and thought it was very good! Usually I'm all for cliffhangers but I wasn't a big fan of this one since the show is adopting a source material people posted spoilers everywhere. Jeffrey did a fantastic job as Negan, I can't wait to see the next episode.

It does get better than season 2, but if you didn't like season 1 or 2 you might as well give up on watching the rest. It's not for you.

I've been enjoying the show so far. The biggest issue I have with it is that it feels like they're filming everything on the same location, it gets kind of old. Wish we could see some new areas and not just the same old forest and road.

I agree! That would def. improve the show

It does get better than season 2, but if you didn't like season 1 or 2 you might as well give up on watching the rest. It's not for you.

That's the thing, I actually really liked season 1, it really hooked me in. Then I started watching season 2 and all of the characters that were at least a bit competent in season 1 became morons that I wanted to punch in the face. I will need to give season 3 onward a shot for sure.

@@SunsetBaconDrive

As The Walking Dead is a character-heavy show I hid the list of names in a spoiler for those who haven't seen it at this point.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

I watched a bit of the first season of it back when it came out. I wasn't really a fan. It's not bad, but I grew up with Resident Evil (the games) Everything else was just an echo, getting more and more shallow and droll.

• Brohoof 1

I dont really have a favorite Character, so...i dont really mind if some of the Main Members die, i hate it more, if they always survive, because then i know that nothing will happen to them and it gets boring.

So i like that they kill Main Members now.

That's the thing, I actually really liked season 1, it really hooked me in. Then I started watching season 2 and all of the characters that were at least a bit competent in season 1 became morons that I wanted to punch in the face. I will need to give season 3 onward a shot for sure.

I like every season of TWD and I don't mind slow episodes. However, season 2 is easily the weakest season in the series. It gets kind of repetitive with the search for

Sophia

going on for several episodes as well as the farm scenes where every character does nothing but complain. If the pacing and content of the season was your issue then you will be happily pleased with the following seasons.. But you mention that you dislike the characters and I'm sorry to say but imo they don't really change that much. You'll see a bunch of stupid characters in all seasons.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't feel like it was filler at all. 

I've been enjoying it. Though I'm kinda hoping none of my favorites get killed off. 

Already lost Beth. I'll probably jump ship if either Michonne or Carol get killed.

I'm kinda behind though since I haven't watched since the middle of the most recent season.

I'm gonna try to get caught up eventually. 

The show does a fair amount of deviating with the comics, though it's not very likely that Michonne and Carol are going to die anytime soon as they serve to add to plot development. Morgan is less clear but I do think they'll keep him this season for now. 

I actually like how they're adding new and more developed characters this season as well. The Alexandria arc made the show a lot more interesting. Aaron is likable, and Heath and Spencer are too but they lack some screen time. It's very interesting how Spencer is completely different from his comic counterpart, too; he does come out as cynical and selfish at first but in Season 6 he's more helpful and willing to improve. I actually hope Spencer becomes a competent team member, maybe even go head to head with Sasha.

There's also Enid, which is a completely original character that I'm fairly sure would play a strong supporting role this season. Tara and Heath haven't appeared that much (though in the case of Heath it was because the actor, Corey Hawkins, was injured and had to take time off), so I hope they appear more often this season. And Paul "Jesus" is pretty badass. I can put a good amount of faith that the show will place just as much effort into making good and likable characters this season just like it has in its earlier ones. 

• Brohoof 1

I watched the first few seasons regularly, but the show has gotten kind of stale. AMC is really milking that franchise IMO. My mom watches it every week and I'll watch some of it since I am usually at my parents house on Sunday.

The season opener was not good or entertaining in my book. I think they went overboard. A jackass like the Negan guy would probably not have gathered as big of a "clan" in real life if something like a Zombie apocalypse happened. The world has enough problems going on so someone probably would have long since killed that psychopath off. :okiedokieloki: The writers clearly have mental issues if they think going that direction was necessary. Breaking bad was violent, but MUCH more realistic. (I have an uncle in the DEA.) I'm also mad that they killed off Glenn too. He went grew up and went to High School in my city.

A thing that gets me is that the zombies are even still moving after all this time. They would be mummified from dehydration by now!!! ^_^

Anyway, im not that interested in The Walking Dead anymore. It's just been kinda dragging along and getting old.

MLP may be almost as old, but the writing is still new, creative, and entertaining. The walking dead seems just to come up with a new moron that's worse than the last, do a lot of the same stuff, and then just keep adding more violence. I don't mind violence in shows/movies, but violence just for the sake of violence gets old really fast, especially when it's pointless.

Edited by Cirrus.