Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset Shimmer is not an alicorn aparently

Applejacket

This went badly with a lot of people, as after My Past Is not Today a lot of people took that as a sort of self-crowning moment that defined Sunset's final ascension. But alas, after LoE we have been shown that she is indeed still unicorn. But for me, I think that's a good thing. Having another alicorn after Flurry Heart and now the rumour of another in MLP the movie 2017 would have been annoying.

(JESUS I HOPE EMILY BLUNT VOICES THE EVIL ALICORN GOD I LOVE HER)

• Brohoof 1

Wait... She transformed into some winged supetsaiyan thingy for a brief moment, but that was it. Her ascension to alicornhood was never emphasized in any way (nor ever mentioned again), so I assumed it was temporary :o

Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 2

After My Past is not Today, and Daydream Shimmer, it's easy to see her as an alicorn now. Then again, her lack of wings in Legend of the Everfree suggest the opposite. Perhaps is a result of focusing on Twi yet again   :dry: , or perhaps she WILL be an alicorn one day :huh:

• Brohoof 1

But at the same time, for some reason, Sci-Twi had wings and ears even though she is not a pony which made no sense to me. I don't rule out that Sunset isn't an alicorn but I'm not saying she is either.

But at the same time, for some reason, Sci-Twi had wings and ears even though she is not a pony which made no sense to me. I don't rule out that Sunset isn't an alicorn but I'm not saying she is either.

The other mane five in this universe aren't ponies either...

• Brohoof 1

The other mane five in this universe aren't ponies either...

Oh wait XD Ur right ahaha. But my main point was mostly surrounding around the fact that Sci-twi had wings. So that means her human form or whatever became an alicorn at some point which makes no sense.

Daydream Shimmer had wings although those were energy based according to the commentary from the directors.

On the subject of Sunset not being an alicorn, I think deep down she feels like she still isn't worthy because of what happened between her and Celestia. I know she's done a lot of good since reforming but maybe she doesn't think it's enough. I'm actually curious as to what the directors have to say provided they do. I'm also interested in them explaining Sci-Twi's wings.

What I don't understand is why a lot of people are angry Sci-Twi has wings now. Wasn't that inevitable as Twilight Sparkle changed from a unicorn to alicorn, thus so would her parallel self?!

There's alot of salt on 4chan from Shimmer fans over twilight supposedly "Displacing" her as the central character, and the alicorn status is seen as the "Gold star" indicator of who's the central figure :P

There's alot of salt on 4chan from Shimmer fans over twilight supposedly "Displacing" her as the central character, and the alicorn status is seen as the "Gold star" indicator of who's the central figure :P

They seriously think that!? From what I can see, Sunset still remains as the central character in Equestria Girls yet now shares that spotlight with Sci-Twi. Sure, she doesn't have wings when she pony-ups but I attribute that to her feeling she isn't deserving of being an alicorn due to still having doubt over what happened in the past.

They seriously think that!? From what I can see, Sunset still remains as the central character in Equestria Girls yet now shares that spotlight with Sci-Twi. Sure, she doesn't have wings when she pony-ups but I attribute that to her feeling she isn't deserving of being an alicorn due to still having doubt over what happened in the past.

both 4chan and derpibooru.

You would not believe how much salt THIS image conjured XD

1246066__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

both 4chan and derpibooru.

You would not believe how much salt THIS image conjured XD

sig-4713753.1246066__safe_twilight%20spa

It figures that both 4chan and Derpibooru would think along those lines.

That image? I personally see nothing wrong with it. I view it as an ascension of their magic resulting in new forms that reflect a magical girl trope that's slowly become more evident with each movie. And yet, I'll take your word for it regarding their reaction.

It figures that both 4chan and Derpibooru would think along those lines.

That image? I personally see nothing wrong with it. I view it as an ascension of their magic resulting in new forms that reflect a magical girl trope that's slowly become more evident with each movie. And yet, I'll take your word for it regarding their reaction.

Its not the overall look, its that it was a leaked image from before the brazillians showing of it and it confirmed that Sunset wouldn't have wings.

Its not the overall look, its that it was a leaked image from before the brazillians showing of it and it confirmed that Sunset wouldn't have wings.

Ouch. Then that would definitely cause a commotion.

• 6 months later...

This topic is going to finally be laid to rest soon. Thank Celestia too. I've gotten into more heated debates over this than Starlight or Rarity ...